Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Why? What is the deal with this attitude?

Old 05-27-2002, 07:19 PM
The DBK
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why? What is the deal with this attitude?

This quote is directly from Viperclub.org.

"I'd pick an SRT all day long over a Z06!!! And I'm no fan of the SRT. That should tell you a little something about the Z06. Everybody & their dog has one (or a C5). Looks like a pumped up RX7 IMO. There's absolutely nothing and I mean nothing special about a Z06 or a Corvette. Period. The Viper/SRT-10 will always kick a vette's A!! & everybody knows it, including & especially vette owners."
http://vca1.viperclub.org/ubb/Forum2.../000488-3.html

I don't understand why the Viper guys are so obsessed with insulting Corvettes on that board. I'd say out of every group of car guys I've encountered they are by far the most arrogant, and thats saying alot. I just dig cars, can't understand the need to endlessly insult other cars to make yourself feel better... :confused: :rolleyes:
Old 05-27-2002, 07:25 PM
Kyle
Team Owner

Default Re: Why? What is the deal with this attitude? (The DBK)

what an idiot.... :nonod:
Old 05-27-2002, 07:58 PM
legendzzz
Racer

One thing that is true , there is not alot of Vipers and there is less Viper owners like that A--!!!!!( He must be worried about something!!) :nono:
Old 05-27-2002, 08:02 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Why? What is the deal with this attitude? (legendzzz)

You would be pissed if you paid about $80,000 for a Dodge.This is a joke so to the fine members here who also own a Viper this is just in fun. :D :D Oh by the way I love Vipers also

[Modified by GaryZ06, 6:04 PM 5/27/2002]
Old 05-27-2002, 08:02 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Default Re: Why? What is the deal with this attitude? (legendzzz)

One thing that is true , there is not alot of Vipers and there is less Viper owners like that A--!!!!!( He must be worried about something!!) :nono:
Isn't it obvious? ... small ***** syndrome! :lol:
Old 05-27-2002, 08:11 PM
yelloz06
Pro

Default Re: Why? What is the deal with this attitude? (reliantk)

what an idiot....

Which one???!!! Vetteboy or Viper guy(s) :smash: :smash: :smash:

:cheers:
Old 05-27-2002, 09:12 PM
MrViperGTS
Drifting

The DBK,

In an effort to head this off at the pass, I'll say this much...

The '02 Z06 comes very very verrrryy close to the GTS Vipers in performance. However, one of the big things about the Viper is the look, and the fact that so few are made. Obviously this is a big thing with the Viper guys and a major reason they chose the Viper. The Corvette has always been a car for the masses. I don't mean that in a bad way, but it was always supposed to be a great sports car that everyone can afford, and it does very well at that - pretty impressive that they hit 1 million units with the C4! :eek:

For most, the Viper is a toy.. a car to be driven when one feels like it. My 3-series bimmer daily driver is a great car, but I see a ton of them around... no big deal, I like it all the same. However in a weekend fun car, it's nice to have something really off the wall, something fun, something unique. The Viper fills that niche very well.

I've said it before (on the other board)... if I had to choose between a Z06 and a Viper as my only car, it would be the Z in a heartbeat - no question. But I'm lucky to be able to have 2 cars, and as a pure toy, the Viper can't be beat... it appeals to what *I* (and the guys on that board) want in a sports car more than anything of equal or lesser price. The only car I'd take in it's place would probably be a Modena... if I could afford one.
Old 05-27-2002, 09:42 PM
viperZ06
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

clown shoe!
Old 05-27-2002, 09:58 PM
AutoXr
Intermediate

Default Re: Why? What is the deal with this attitude? (kgrif)

Some people LOVE to get a rise out of people. They will say, or do anything to get a reaction.

I just chuckle and move on.

Are you really interested in this guys opinion? Do you need to respond? If you do, you very well may have just made his day.

[Modified by AutoXr, 8:59 PM 5/27/2002]
Old 05-28-2002, 12:02 AM
Voltech_LT4
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran

does anyone have any grey poupon?? :rolleyes:
Old 05-28-2002, 01:06 AM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Two words for this guy!

P-E-N-I-S P-U-M-P!!! :yesnod:
Old 05-28-2002, 02:40 AM
Z06-Goose
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Why? What is the deal with this attitude? (bparker)

Give me a Z06 any day. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :chevy
Old 05-28-2002, 10:53 AM
steve_z06
Heel & Toe

Come on Fellas. Honestly, listen to your own responses in just this thread and in any other thread where someone compares any car to a Z06.

Pot. Kettle. Black. :rolleyes:
Old 05-28-2002, 10:56 AM
TehBoredGuy
Race Director

Default Re: Why? What is the deal with this attitude? (steve_z06)

Come on Fellas. Honestly, listen to your own responses in just this thread and in any other thread where someone compares any car to a Z06.

It's no different than the Mustang, F-Body, etc., etc. bashing that goes on in this forum...
Old 05-28-2002, 12:09 PM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey, its THEIR Forum so let them rant away! They have a lot invested in those cars (considerably more than we do) and should be allowed to express their pride in them. Would be a totally different story if they posted such flame bait HERE, of course.

These are both great cars, each one having its share of pros and cons. The Viper is indeed the ultimate toy... pure sex, raw power... but few would argue that the Z06 is a much better all-around sports car. And lets face it, for $30K more, the Viper damn well should beat the Z06 in a heads-up race! The fact that the Z can get so close for so much LESS money is nothing short of amazing. And if you apply that $30K difference in mods to the Z06, race outcomes would be significantly different! :)

If I could afford it, I'd have a Viper, too... but in addition to my Corvettes, not in place of them. :yesnod:
Old 05-28-2002, 12:38 PM
The DBK
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Why? What is the deal with this attitude? (steve_z06)

haha, yeah that's totally true. Before I posted the original post I figured I should put a disclaimer telling people not to go ape on the clown shoe bashing because that's precisely right(pot, kettle, black). :lol:

Thing is, it's so brutal and shows up in at least half the threads I read over there. I was hoping to just learn poopie about Vipers but instead I get half filler and half C5 bashing, with some good stuff thrown in inbetween. All forums have garbage threads, but realistically one would expect to find some decent stuff. I guess this forum is just so huge it's spoiled us by always having good stuff simply by virtue of volume. And I know people here get all fruity with the Cobra "it's just a mustang" stuff but the Viper forum guys seem to go all out, which I don't understand. I don't flip out over the new Cobra being relatively competitive in the performance arena, and that gap is way bigger than the one between a Z06 and a Viper. They don't wanna just bash your car over there, they wanna kill your wife while your kids watch.... :confused:
Old 05-28-2002, 12:54 PM
kwillmorth
Racer

When I was seven years old, a neighbor of ours bought a new car, a 1965 Corvette Stingray Coupe. It was red with a black interior, with knock-off wheels, and shiny chrome bumpers. I got a ride in it that summer. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen, and I can still see it clearly, it's imprinted deeply on some very resiliant brain cells. I knew that I had to have one of those, and not with a "Hot Wheels" logo on its chassis either!

At eleven, while builidng yet another Briggs motor for a buddy's go-kart (I repaired mowers and go-kart motors between paper routes), we went testing at the Junior High parking lot. A new 1970 Corvette drove up, some guy and this really pretty blonde girl got out and they sat in the park and watched us make flames shoot out the exhaust pipe of the kart motor. The car was black with a bright red interior, you could see the sky in the paint.

From these indelible marks in my memory is built a whole list of Vette sitings and encounters, from a ride in a very nasty 1967 big block car my uncle drag raced (10 seconds flat and bright orange metalic paint was his claim to fame), to some very insane iterations displayed at car shows throughout the 1970's (that made my uncles toy look decidedly tame in comparison.)

I remember debating the purchase of a ZR1, and later a GS, without the financial capacity for either of them. I remember looking at a perfect 1967 427/435 sitting on a used car lot, and wondering if I could live in it, since it would cost more than my house payments and likely result in a divorce.

Now it's the ZO6, and after 37 years, I am finally able to afford to have one as a toy, to be enjoyed for what they are built for, driving hard - driving fast - or just plain driving around.

Nope, nothing special about Corvettes or the ZO6...

Different strokes for different folks. I personally have no fondness for the Viper, nor do I connect with it, other than recognizing it as one of hundreds of various quick cars that have come and gone in the market. If I ever buy a Viper, it will be based solely on what it does, and not for what it is. For me, and many others, the Corvette is much more that that.

Like the Harley is to motorcyling, the Corvette is a part of American automotive legend. The Vette was around 40 years before the Viper was even a concept, and will likely be around long after the Viper is a distant memory (along with the brand that markets it.)

Nothing special here folks, nothing at all. :cheers:

[Modified by kwillmorth, 4:58 PM 5/28/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Why? What is the deal with this attitude?

Old 05-28-2002, 01:19 PM
stingray454
Drifting

Default Re: Why? What is the deal with this attitude? (ZeeOSix)

Isn't it obvious? ... small ***** syndrome! :lol:
I agree - that's definitely his problem. He was trying to compensate for this by buying a Viper, and as that didn't help his situation, he's reverted to bashing Corvettes instead. All you could do is pity him. :lol:
Old 05-28-2002, 01:27 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

I don't understand why the Viper guys are so obsessed with insulting Corvettes on that board.
Plenty of guys on this forum say the same things about Mustangs. If it bothers you ignore it.
Old 05-28-2002, 01:39 PM
John Frank
Instructor

If these guys turn on any ALMS race they are sure to be humbled as they observe the lack of Viper dominance on any given race day. So compare this Dodge Boys.....

:nopity

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Why? What is the deal with this attitude?