[Z06] Halltech C7 Killer Bee II LS7 Conversion Package

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Halltech C7 Killer Bee II LS7 Conversion Package

Want the highest flowing intake made for your C5Z06?

The Halltech C5Z06 Killer Bee™ II 2001-2004 C6 LS1/LS6 Conversion Package will provide +14 HP on the Z06. The package includes the all new C5 Killer Bee™ II Cold Air Induction System designed originally for the C6Z06. Included are the probe style LS7/LS3/LS9 MAF sensor, Halltech wire harness pigtail for the connectors for plug and play wiring, The C6Z06 Killer Bee induction, and Super Bee filter. This package has made close to 600 RWHP on 427 C5s (Boos Performance in MN). You must reflash the ECM with new MAF translation tables. We will make the MAF transfer curve tables available free of charge in hpt format. They may need to be tweaked a bit, but you will get the car running with our MAF calibration tables.

Hib Halverson installed this setup on his C5Z06 and this was his writeup:

I’ll gladly share my MAF table cal with anyone. Our engine was a stock LS6 with a Crane Cams package of 1.8:1 rockers, dual springs and titanium retainers, Denso IT22 plugs, MSD plug wires, RC Engineering 310-cc/min. injectors and a Corsa X-pipe. If you’re engine is similarly modified and you’re going to use the Killer Bee II, email me at finspeed@netmotive.net and I’ll send you the MAF data.

With the Halltech Killer Bee II in place, I took the car to the Westech Performance Group in Mira Loma, California to use their Superflow Autodyn chassis dyno to validate the installation. It was a warm day and, not wanting any knock retard to skew the dyno results, while Eric, Westech’s dyno technician, strapped the car down; I poured enough Rockett Brand 100 unleaded racing gasoline in the tank to make 93-octane. Then, I made five runs on the Westech Autodyn.

The results were surprising. The car averaged 380.1-hp at the rear wheels SAE-corrected which works out to just under 450-hp at the flywheel. The addition of the Killer Bee II paid off in a 11.1-hp SAE improvement over the Granatelli parts and a 14-hp improvement over the stock air filter assembly–that’s more than three times the improvement we saw with the Granatelli Motorsports MAF sensor and air induction.

In short, the Killer Bee II is, well...killer. It’s the best C5 air box on the market.
FULL ARTICLE

MORE INFORMATION

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Quick Reply: [Z06] Halltech C7 Killer Bee II LS7 Conversion Package