Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Be happy you have your Corvette! I have to sell mine. Booh.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 10:11 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Be happy you have your Corvette! I have to sell mine. Booh.

Hey everybody that makes this website awesome
I need a house. My little condo just ain't cuttin' it anymore. Too small for me and my gf. 620 sq ft, no garage or even covered parking. Time to rent it out.

I've had my '01 Z for two and a half years and instead of paying it off quickly, I got the "track bug" and started buying parts and track time.

I should be feeling excited about a new place but to tell the truth, looking for a house is not as exciting for me as looking at sports cars and parts!

I've been taking it to a friends garage after work here and there to get it perfect as possible to sell. Now every time I get in that thing, it just gets prettier and more awesome to drive

I'm trying to be smart. I need to take a step back, regroup, buy a house with a garage and THEN buy my sports car.

It is taking some time. I work a lot and am trying to get into a better position there while keeping my girlfriend happy. Much more work and less play but its work that needs to be done. I will come out on top and get something mo' betta'!

I look and read about everybody having a good time in their cars and I hope you're really appreciating what you got 'cause....

I'll still be an addict, waiting for my next fix. We plan on having kids at some point but I will NOT let that deter me. I can make SOMETHING happen. Whether its another C5Z, a C6Z, Camaro 1LE, SOMETHING. My '02 330ci just won't cut it!

I have met some AWESOME, very friendly and very helpful people thanks to this site. I'm gonna stick around and live through all you who have your toys and keep your spirits young and fun!
Maybe the wise can chime in and give me some positive reinforcement. We can all use some of that!
Thank you Corvette Forum and I will see you around!

Last edited by FruiTay; 09-18-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 714 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by FruiTay

Maybe the wise can chime in and give me some positive reinforcement:
dump the girlfriend and get a sugar mama, you'll be happier in the long run.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:42 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheVettePirate
dump the girlfriend and get a sugar mama, you'll be happier in the long run.
Aaaahahahaha!!! Believe me man, I've thought about it! Hahaha.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:43 PM
Monkey D. Luffy
Race Director

Received 714 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by FruiTay
Aaaahahahaha!!! Believe me man, I've thought about it! Hahaha.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:06 PM
PhiL02Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well sir I am kind of in the same position! I've bought my Z right after my school loans were paid while my girlfriend was still in school! Now that shes almost done comes the time for a house and such, and my car isn't even 25% paid! I understand your predicament. Is your car paid off? or partly? Have you though of storing it and just putting minimum payments on it for a couple years so at least you can keep it? Once it's gone it will be MUCH harder convincing your girlfriend after the house and kids come to get another one!! oohh honey, we need a new deck, but ohh honey we need a better drive way. Hey honey did you see that stainless fridge, stove and dishwasher set at homedepot? Well honey I think we need to start putting away money for our kid for his school down the road.

From the sounds of it are you selling the car to use the $$ for a downpayment?

My "so far" solution has been to keep my Daily driver (2002 Golf TDI) in good shape. Therefore I don't need to tie up $$ in my daily and keep my Z. TDI's are bulletproof! myne has 400,000km and still has AT LEAST 5 years of life left. One drawback is that you need to be willing to fix your daily yourself because it's to expensive to be bringing it to a shop. TDI's are simple to work on.
I always get the "how can you afford that car" from everyone at work to friends, and I tell them if you didn't buy that 26,000$ chevy cruise, or that 30,000$ Versa you could have a sports car!
How new is your BMW ?

Maybe this is a reply in the wrong direction to make you feel good! lol

Last edited by PhiL02Z06; 09-18-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:17 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Yes, I still owe on it and when buying a house our debt needs to be as low as possible. Plus I'm paying for a dang storage unit every month like a dummy. I could sell the Bimmer and keep the Corvette but keeping it out in the winter doesn't sound nice. The exhaust is loud for the neighbors and makes me uncomfortable. I'm in the Northwest and wouldn't want to drive in the snow and ice with salt on the roads and yada yada. The BMW is paid for, I can get snow tires and don't worry AS much about door dings. The Corvette just doesn't feel like a comfortable daily driver.
My thought is, get debt low to buy the best house possible, get my budget figured out and strike back!
Hahaha "oh honey we need this, oh honey we need that..." Haha that's so true. She knows how much a fun car means to me though. I've dreamed of them since I can remember and I finally got myself one but went about it in the wrong way so try, try again?
Old 09-18-2014, 11:21 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

And no, your reply is great! That's why this website is so helpful. There are people out there that feel my pain!
And yeah, coworkers buy brand new Subaru and such while I think, "damn, you coulda' had a Vette!"
Old 09-18-2014, 11:31 PM
DBOTHEBOSS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought about selling mine to purchase something to make the gf very very happy but was informed by the elders that once its gone you might be looking at a very long time. Its then oh save for bigger house, or having kids, oh save for college etc.

I would suggest not selling it and try to increase income somehow. If not, be prepared to either no have a sick car for a long time or take an ear-full.

You have it right now. It's yours....and its red.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:56 PM
FruiTay
Burning Brakes

Hahaha! Yes, it's red, it's rad and what you mentioned about what the elders said is a fear of mine. I may be naive but if I budget a savings for the family and house maybe I can budget a separate savings for the car. But yeah, I already HAVE the car and could be done within two years and have it aaaaaall to myself.
Maybe I should go back to to the pre-qualify and see what I have to do to fit it in.
On the other hand, I'm thinking I need to get the house ASAP while interest rates are low to make my payments easier and thus, make a savings for a car more realistic. If I can keep it I damn sure will.
My storage unit is very close, clean, friendly and has great security and consistent maintenance but it's $200/month. I could probably find a cheaper one but I really like the current spot.
Sold my brand new Ron Davis radiator, bout to sell the T1 sways. Swapped my Recaro with the stock. Should have just kept it stock and chilled.
You live and you learn!
Old 09-19-2014, 01:38 AM
PhiL02Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There something to say about throwing money away paying rent too.

Get notified of new replies

To Be happy you have your Corvette! I have to sell mine. Booh.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Be happy you have your Corvette! I have to sell mine. Booh.