Sponsored by:

[Z06] Interior Lights & Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 12:44 AM
dpappas
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Lights & Headlights

Hey guys, new to the forum here. Just purchased a 2002 C5Z. There are quite a few electrical issues.

1. The first night I turned it on the pop up headlights opened up and the lights worked fine. However, they would not return down, so I manually put them back down. Now, one day later, they will not go up or down.

2. This one is very confusing to me. The interior lights (dash & speedo, door lights and everything) do not work when the car is in ACC mode or when the engine is on. When I try to adjust the stalk to increase the brightness on the interior lights I get nothing. When I turn that same stalk all the way right to the click point - the floor lights and rear lights do come on.
When the key is turned all the way to the left as if you were about to pull it out of the ignition- all the lights illuminate (driver and pass door panel lights, speedo, everything)

I have checked fuses and so far they all are in working order and none have blown. Has a new battery as well.

Any ideas or suggestions? I am starting to think its a wire connection somewhere - bad ground or something along those lines.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:47 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

The dash lights adjust with a **** on the dash the **** is just below the HUD switch.

You have to turn the **** all the way to the left then back right, until you feel the switch click, that position puts out the interior lights if the door is closed and the dash lights at there brightest.

I would read the manual if you got one with the car.

As far as the headlights you are going to have to look for a post about inoperative headlight doors in the technical section.

All the information you need is right here on these pages, use the search box because someone already had your problems and wrote them up for your use

Quick Reply: [Z06] Interior Lights & Headlights