Sponsored by:

[Z06] Reverse Lockout Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 09:19 PM
GM350Z
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reverse Lockout Solenoid

Hey everyone so like the title says, im having problems with my reverse lockout solenoid on my 02 C5Z. Bought it about 4 months ago, on the way out the driveway the old timer shouts "oh be careful with 5th gear, sometimes you can grab reverse" Awesomeee, thanks for telling me after ive already paid you. Anyway, it needs to be changed. I can access reverse in all key positions, at all speeds. I got a new solenoid and read some of the DIY posts. Gave it a shot the other day with zero luck. Anyone have any experience doing theset IN CAR? (yes, i know the service info says to remove the transmission) I think i need a 34mm chrome deep socket and a whole lot of patience. Thanks
Old 10-20-2015, 01:03 AM
84REDCROSSFIRE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

start here

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-solenoid.html
Old 10-21-2015, 11:05 AM
GM350Z
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 84REDCROSSFIRE
Just following this guide, done in about 20 min. I Must have missed the 13mm that hold the housing in place the first time i looked at it. Anyone trying this i seriously recommend a lift, but very possible on jack stands. No need to lower the suspension at all. You need a 13mm and 1/4" ratchet. Get the 13mm over the top of the tranny from the passenger side and wiggle the housing out. Use a 34mm deep socket and pop the old solenoid out. Slap the new one in and reverse to install. Thanks everyone

Get notified of new replies

To Reverse Lockout Solenoid

Quick Reply: [Z06] Reverse Lockout Solenoid