Sponsored by:

[Z06] Best Daily Driveable Clutch upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 11:52 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

450 rwhp on ls7 clutch no issues. feels like stock clutch.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:41 AM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I also have an LS7 clutch in my car, after my LG Pro header install I was getting repeated sticking pedal issues with the stock clutch. After swapping the slave and installing the LS7, I've never had a single issue. Drivability is the same as stock, clutch has been in the car for about 10 years now.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:46 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

I've had the stock ls6 clutch, ls7, monster stage II and now monster LT1-s

the stock clutch is horrible, so is the Ls7 i have no idea how guys rave about it maybe there not really driving there car in the upper rpms? i dont know? i would loose my clutch peddle problems with high rpm release and after i would shift and go WOT the clutch peddle would push my foot back a tiny bit (really hated it) my car was pushing 430rwhp and they more i upped HP the more i hated the Ls7 clutch by the time i got to 475rwhp 415rwtq it was gone!

the monster stg II took what ever i put it true with out even braking a sweat! 5k launches, shifts 1,2,3,4 & 5 while WOT like butter no clutch fade or any thing! i removed the clutch since i added nitrous and every one said since i'm over the rated hp level swap it so i did guess what it still looks like new! its rated for 550rwhp so you'll have some room to grow, it was fine for me and i daily drive my car but if you install a tick master peddle will be very firm with out the tick peddle is fine

if you really DRIVE your car aggressively (i dont mean grampa 1/2 peddle on ramps) i say dont even think ls7 clutch, lt1-1 feels good but for some reason i'm having a vibration problem that was told only a issue when used on a ls6 car do to the way engine is balanced an still braking it in so no real input on it yet

Last edited by Stroker87; 06-29-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:55 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

if its vibrating al the time somethings up may wanna get it reblalanced
If its a slight chatter when engaging at low rpms time may rid you of the problem, sometimes not
That stuff drives me nuts...op for la traffic I feel bad for you. He wont be doing any fast driving at all.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:05 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

yeah i'm working with RPM to get it resolved
Old 06-30-2017, 10:59 PM
harryk387
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroker87
I've had the stock ls6 clutch, ls7, monster stage II and now monster LT1-s

the stock clutch is horrible, so is the Ls7 i have no idea how guys rave about it maybe there not really driving there car in the upper rpms? i dont know? i would loose my clutch peddle problems with high rpm release and after i would shift and go WOT the clutch peddle would push my foot back a tiny bit (really hated it) my car was pushing 430rwhp and they more i upped HP the more i hated the Ls7 clutch by the time i got to 475rwhp 415rwtq it was gone!

the monster stg II took what ever i put it true with out even braking a sweat! 5k launches, shifts 1,2,3,4 & 5 while WOT like butter no clutch fade or any thing! i removed the clutch since i added nitrous and every one said since i'm over the rated hp level swap it so i did guess what it still looks like new! its rated for 550rwhp so you'll have some room to grow, it was fine for me and i daily drive my car but if you install a tick master peddle will be very firm with out the tick peddle is fine

if you really DRIVE your car aggressively (i dont mean grampa 1/2 peddle on ramps) i say dont even think ls7 clutch, lt1-1 feels good but for some reason i'm having a vibration problem that was told only a issue when used on a ls6 car do to the way engine is balanced an still braking it in so no real input on it yet
How was the monster stg II as a daily driver clutch?

Anyone have experience with Mantic 9000? That's kind of what I'm leaning towards right now even though it's overkill for my current setup
Old 07-01-2017, 05:02 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

I had great luck with the monster it was fine for a cam'd daily, quite no chatter taking off low speeds when parking was fine, clipped a 1.50 60' (best) but a bunch in 1.50's & 1.60's passes no suspension mods just a et street bias ply and the stage II
Old 07-01-2017, 07:05 PM
jallen355
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by harryk387
Now that my engine performance mods are complete ( for now) my next step is to upgrade my stock clutch. With my cam and heads package, I ended up putting down 450rwhp and 430rwtq.

The car is my daily driver so I definitely need a clutch I can live with in bumper to bumper trafffic but also be able to launch it on the occasional drag strip visit without any issues. I've been looking at twin disks - specifically this http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...tegory_id=1369

While the transmission is out I'm also going to install http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...&product_id=67

Any more suggestions on other clutches that would meet my needs and any other parts I should change or add while doing the clutch replacement?
I'm making a little more than you (a tick over 600 rwhp), but I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Mantic 9000 twin along with the trans brace, myself. In fact, my buddies car (600 rwhp c5) is sitting in my shop with a toasted Centerforce clutch in it. We're both looking into the same parts. Maybe ECS can cut us a 3-fer deal...! There are other vendors for the Mantics and HPE makes a nice trans brace, as well for the same $$
Old 07-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

When I had my car at rpm on the lift next to mine was a c5 that the diff and trans cases was cracked apart the brace I think is a must for guys making good power they installed mine if any thing I sleep a little better knowing it's there

Quick Reply: [Z06] Best Daily Driveable Clutch upgrade