Sponsored by:

[Z06] Raced a terminator today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 06:44 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Raced a terminator today!!!

I was on my way home and a maroon terminator pulled up next to me at the light. Revved his car and it was crazy loud!! It had to have at least an exhaust, it sounded amazing! My car is 03' Z with VR intake only!

Well, I pulled around and behind him and got in front of traffic then pulled over next to him and slowed down a bit. I noticed he had a double piller pod on his car, so he had to have something to give more than the 10lbs of boost. Maybe just a pulley, who knows!

1st run was from 3rd at about 45mph and I thought I was gonna lose. I pulled him pretty hard all the way through 3rd and even harder in 4th.

2nd run was from 3rd again and same result. I pulled at least 4-5 cars on him.

last run we pulled off on a side road and started in 2nd. I spun a bit and got traction, but he was pretty close with me. 3rd I started to pull a bit till I hit the top of 3rd, and in 4th I pulled on him hard.

I'm impressed with this car!! 3rd and 4th are no joke!!! This car pulls so hard up top its insane. Had fun and the guy was pretty cool. We went our separate ways, he waved and gave me a thumbs up. Would have been cool to talk with hm a bit and find out what was on his car. It was beautiful. No Corvette though.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:09 PM
bwill03z
Melting Slicks

Received 197 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by 00__Vette
I was on my way home and a maroon terminator pulled up next to me at the light. Revved his car and it was crazy loud!! It had to have at least an exhaust, it sounded amazing! My car is 03' Z with VR intake only!

Well, I pulled around and behind him and got in front of traffic then pulled over next to him and slowed down a bit. I noticed he had a double piller pod on his car, so he had to have something to give more than the 10lbs of boost. Maybe just a pulley, who knows!

1st run was from 3rd at about 45mph and I thought I was gonna lose. I pulled him pretty hard all the way through 3rd and even harder in 4th.

2nd run was from 3rd again and same result. I pulled at least 4-5 cars on him.

last run we pulled off on a side road and started in 2nd. I spun a bit and got traction, but he was pretty close with me. 3rd I started to pull a bit till I hit the top of 3rd, and in 4th I pulled on him hard.

I'm impressed with this car!! 3rd and 4th are no joke!!! This car pulls so hard up top its insane. Had fun and the guy was pretty cool. We went our separate ways, he waved and gave me a thumbs up. Would have been cool to talk with hm a bit and find out what was on his car. It was beautiful. No Corvette though.
Awesome, sounds fun. Now put some long tubes on that car with a tune and you will embarass him even more next time! I will admit those cars do sound amazing!
Old 02-16-2017, 07:30 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Originally Posted by bwill03z
Awesome, sounds fun. Now put some long tubes on that car with a tune and you will embarass him even more next time! I will admit those cars do sound amazing!
Thanks man, yeah.. I have the money for some headers right now but I want to do the clutch first. I figure, I'm going to need it and it would be better to do it before headers. So after I can get that done, then headers is the very next mod!
Old 02-16-2017, 07:48 PM
MY03C5Z
Race Director

Received 195 Likes on 148 Posts

I had the VR as my only hp mod for a few years, definitely pulled harder especially in 3rd & 4th with it. Added LT's and a tune for both mods last year and wow, what a difference. This should have been a factory option, car sounds and feels nearly perfect with them. VR, LT's, tune and a better shifter are the four must haves for a c5z imo.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:53 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Originally Posted by MY03C5Z
I had the VR as my only hp mod for a few years, definitely pulled harder especially in 3rd & 4th with it. Added LT's and a tune for both mods last year and wow, what a difference. This should have been a factory option, car sounds and feels nearly perfect with them. VR, LT's, tune and a better shifter are the four must haves for a c5z imo.
Man, I bet it pulls like crazy! I went to the drag strip a few months back and my clutch was acting up. I did the ranger method in between every run, but still had some slippage happening.

I want to swap that thing out for an RXT. I managed to run 12.2 @ 115mph with the VR only, so I'm sure I can hit 11's with a new clutch and some DR's. And then with LT's and a tune like you suggest, I can't imagine how much that would drop my ET.

Love this car!!!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:05 PM
bwill03z
Melting Slicks

Thanks man, yeah.. I have the money for some headers right now but I want to do the clutch first. I figure, I'm going to need it and it would be better to do it before headers. So after I can get that done, then headers is the very next mod!
Sounds like a good plan! What clutch are you getting? My next purchase will be a clutch, then new cam!
The following users liked this post:
dbs1vette (02-17-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:12 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Sounds like a good plan! What clutch are you getting? My next purchase will be a clutch, then new cam!
I'm pretty set on the mcleod RXT. Lots of rave reviews, and the price is pretty reasonable as far as clutches go.

If you added a clutch and a good cam, your car is going to enter another class. After running that cobra today on a nearly stock car, and yours has so much more.. damn!! That's all that comes to mind.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:00 PM
bwill03z
Melting Slicks

I'm pretty set on the mcleod RXT. Lots of rave reviews, and the price is pretty reasonable as far as clutches go.

If you added a clutch and a good cam, your car is going to enter another class. After running that cobra today on a nearly stock car, and yours has so much more.. damn!! That's all that comes to mind.
Yeah I've heard good things on it as well. I definately love the way my car runs now but I also love the sound of a cam, plus more power is never a bad thing! A cam will put me over 400rwhp so I don't think I could get by on the stock clutch.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:21 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Yeah I've heard good things on it as well. I definately love the way my car runs now but I also love the sound of a cam, plus more power is never a bad thing! A cam will put me over 400rwhp so I don't think I could get by on the stock clutch.
Agreed!! A cammed LS motor is so sick sounding. I love the lopey idle!

Yeah, your gonna need a clutch.. especially if you get some sticky tires!!!

Last edited by 00__Vette; 02-16-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:35 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

03-04 Terminators are great cars... however, they are pigs compared to your C5Z... Its no wonder you pulled on him. I am pretty confident that his wasn't modded... Very nice.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:42 PM
WannaC5Z
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Probably only exhaust and an aftermarket gauge if you pulled him like that. These C5Zs have the advantage over 60mph against a 2003/2004 Cobra due to aerodynamics with air resistance. They are the most aero Corvette ever designed due to the rounded front. The regular C5s are actually faster at top speed due to the angled rear hatchback window. The Cobras weigh about 2600lbs so we have a 500lb advantage too. A KB or Whippled Cobra should take a slightly modded C5Z in the 1/4 but not over it.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:06 PM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by WannaC5Z
Probably only exhaust and an aftermarket gauge if you pulled him like that. These C5Zs have the advantage over 60mph against a 2003/2004 Cobra due to aerodynamics with air resistance. They are the most aero Corvette ever designed due to the rounded front. The regular C5s are actually faster at top speed due to the angled rear hatchback window. The Cobras weigh about 3600lbs so we have a 500lb advantage too. A KB or Whippled Cobra should take a slightly modded C5Z in the 1/4 but not over it.
Fixed

Other than that, agreed.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:32 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

WTF is that guy talkin about...!! 03-04 Cobra @ 2600lbs....
Try 3700lbs.....

Originally Posted by NosLaser
Fixed

Other than that, agreed.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:34 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Dude... Where do you get this wealth of knowledge...?

Probably only exhaust and an aftermarket gauge if you pulled him like that. These C5Zs have the advantage over 60mph against a 2003/2004 Cobra due to aerodynamics with air resistance. They are the most aero Corvette ever designed due to the rounded front. The regular C5s are actually faster at top speed due to the angled rear hatchback window. The Cobras weigh about 2600lbs so we have a 500lb advantage too. A KB or Whippled Cobra should take a slightly modded C5Z in the 1/4 but not over it.
The following users liked this post:
zdeckich (02-23-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 03:36 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

So with this information we can summize that the C5Z's only weigh 2100lbs??? Holy ****, now I wish I would not have sold mine!!!

Old 02-17-2017, 03:42 PM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
Dude... Where do you get this wealth of knowledge...?
So with this information we can summize that the C5Z's only weigh 2100lbs??? Holy ****, now I wish I would not have sold mine!!!
It is a pretty obvious typo, and he is actually correct about the aerodynamics.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:06 PM
00__Vette
Racer

03-04 Terminators are great cars... however, they are pigs compared to your C5Z... Its no wonder you pulled on him. I am pretty confident that his wasn't modded... Very nice.
How do you explain the double pods on his A-piller? No way someone would put that their if they didn't add boost somehow. Typically that is done to monitor more boost. They make 10lbs on the stock supercharger and the stock gauge only monitors 10lbs.

I'm guessing Pulley and exhaust at a minimum.

Get notified of new replies

To Raced a terminator today!!!

Old 02-17-2017, 06:09 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Yeah, hard to say. I ran my Z a few months back and it ran 12.2 @115mph on street tires. My clutch was slipping too! I think with an aftermarket clutch, I can break into the 11's and with some LT headers I think I should see consistent 11's.

It was at MIR too which has great track prep and is known for outstanding DA.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:04 PM
Milehigh JDF
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I'm the only one here wondering why you both started in 3rd at 45mph?
Old 02-17-2017, 07:15 PM
00__Vette
Racer

Originally Posted by Milehigh JDF
I guess I'm the only one here wondering why you both started in 3rd at 45mph?
No, your right it don't make sense... we had to be going 55mph. My bad, I thought 45 at first, but now that I think about it.. we slowed down from 70mph to about 55mph. Felt more like 45mph because we were going 70, but that wouldn't make sense in 3rd gear.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Raced a terminator today!!!