Sponsored by:

[Z06] Travel and touring with Z06 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 01:16 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin
..... Really don't know what's wrong with you, but I do know that it takes literally one drive to determine if the car is obnoxiously loud, so having yours for a decade adds literally zero experience.

Rethink who you're accusing of lacking civility.

Maybe if you'd bother to read the entire thread, as I was addressing a particular member's response, not his/hers level of hearing. I think having a car for 14 years does give one some experience, and your "one drive" method seems naive when you take your first drive in a Z. If you're her/his friend, then please jump in wherever you feel the need.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:54 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by zeevette
Maybe if you'd bother to read the entire thread, as I was addressing a particular member's response, not his/hers level of hearing. I think having a car for 14 years does give one some experience, and your "one drive" method seems naive when you take your first drive in a Z. If you're her/his friend, then please jump in wherever you feel the need.
yeah, it gives experience in certain aspects. Go plug in some headphones to an MP3 player and crank the volume up. Put them on your head, is it loud? According to you there is no way for you to know if it's loud unless you've been doing that for 14 years. That simply makes no sense at all.

I have never met him or talked to him before that day, but you're attacking him and calling him names for no reason, then saying he's the one lacking civility.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:48 PM
1betsy1
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I purchased a low mile red 02 and have put a few hundred miles on it so far, car
feels tight and everything seams to work great.
It still has the original tires, which will be going away.
I don't think we will have any issues taking little road trips in the Z.
Thx for all the responses.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:31 PM
AmbulanceDriver
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin
yeah, it gives experience in certain aspects. Go plug in some headphones to an MP3 player and crank the volume up. Put them on your head, is it loud? According to you there is no way for you to know if it's loud unless you've been doing that for 14 years. That simply makes no sense at all.

I have never met him or talked to him before that day, but you're attacking him and calling him names for no reason, then saying he's the one lacking civility.
He got upset because I said I've noticed a lot of vette owners are prissy and then he proved my point. I offended him with the word prissy.

Who knew words really do break bones....

Last edited by AmbulanceDriver; 04-23-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:16 PM
Dave70
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1betsy1
I purchased a low mile red 02 and have put a few hundred miles on it so far, car
feels tight and everything seams to work great.
It still has the original tires, which will be going away.
I don't think we will have any issues taking little road trips in the Z.
Thx for all the responses.
im sure you will enjoy it. they are great cars.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:54 AM
zeevette
Race Director

Originally Posted by AmbulanceDriver
He got upset because I said I've noticed a lot of vette owners are prissy and then he proved my point. I offended him with the word prissy.

Who knew words really do break bones....
Drop your drivetrain in a tiny garage, using jack stands, by yourself, and change your clutch, and in a separate operation, your diff. Yeah, real prissy. DBG, STFU. None of your business. You people have no respect for real experience, and now that a C5 is just another cheap used car, you think you know things you really don't. Here's hoping you continue to pay someone else to do the hard stuff.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:06 PM
albertw
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drop your drivetrain in a tiny garage, using jack stands, by yourself, and change your clutch, and in a separate operation, your diff. Yeah, real prissy. DBG, STFU. None of your business. You people have no respect for real experience, and now that a C5 is just another cheap used car, you think you know things you really don't. Here's hoping you continue to pay someone else to do the hard stuff.
He told me I was too stupid to notice I should have been driving a different car for the last 14 years, just because I added sound insulation to reduce the noise. And he called you prissy for the same reason. If everyone jumped to a personal attack when they saw a modification they don't think is worthwhile, the forum would be 95% idiocy. I don't think this guy is worth arguing with.

Last edited by albertw; 04-25-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:33 PM
AmbulanceDriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by albertw
He told me I was too stupid to notice I should have been driving a different car for the last 14 years, just because I added sound insulation to reduce the noise. And he called you prissy for the same reason. If everyone jumped to a personal attack when they saw a modification they don't think is worthwhile, the forum would be 95% idiocy. I don't think this guy is worth arguing with.
Copy and pasted from my reply you obviously didn't read. Are you buying a new vehicle? No the OP is so I don't see what your problem with me is.

"The question stands for the OP considering he is the one asking about purchasing a vehicle, are you sure a CTSV is not a better option? If you are concerned with road noise OP it may be a better option"

Secondly good job, you turned a wrench by yourself and have owned your car for so long. That still has nothing to do with noise and determining if it is too noisey of a car for someone to drive because anyone can take a two mile ride in a car and decide if its noisey or not noisey.

Again I didnt call you prissy, I stated an observation and you took offense to it. I didnt call you specifically prissy although you certainly act like a child because a word from some stranger on the internet made your blood pressure spike 40 points. Look good job on your ability to turn a wrench. High five. I commend you for being able to do such a thing. Pat on the back.

Is there a safe place forum somewhere in the c5 section so words don't offend people?
Old 04-25-2017, 08:34 PM
AmbulanceDriver
Instructor

In b4 thread gets locked.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:31 PM
zeevette
Race Director

*noisy
Old 04-27-2017, 12:24 PM
AmbulanceDriver
Instructor

*noisy
Lol thanks its one of those words that always messes with me.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:16 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

I've owned my z06 for 5 years, so I'm not sure why you're acting like I have no experience. I am a mechanic, that's my day job, and what puts food on the table and pays the mortgage while I get my degree. Congratulations on your mechanical accomplishment, quite the undertaking for an inexperienced DIYer like yourself.

I simply said that there isn't much experience needed when it comes to determining if a car is too loud on road trips for you, all it takes is one drive.

I do have quite a lot of experience with my car, 5 years and 50,000 miles. I knew after the trip home from the dealership that it wasn't too loud on the highway.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:42 AM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

You know, sometime de facto silence from our spouses is golden. You sure it was a good idea to add all that sound insulation?

op: yeah they're a bit louder than most any car nowadays, but that's the point. bare bones, no insulation. i drove mine from the northeast down to florida almost nonstop, and the mile-wide grins and good tunes offset any excessive road noise.

Originally Posted by 02BlownZ06
I can now carry on a conversation with my fiance at 80 mph no problem where before we almost had to shout.

Last edited by SLO VETTE; 05-04-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:16 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by SLO VETTE
You know, sometime de facto silence from our spouses is golden. You sure it was a good idea to add all that sound insulation?
Bwahahahaha!! Well played, sir. Well played!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:58 PM
AmbulanceDriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by SLO VETTE
You know, sometime de facto silence from our spouses is golden.
Just dont let them find out!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Travel and touring with Z06 questions