Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Z06 values and current trend

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 11:39 PM
jasonsamara
Safety Car

Received 746 Likes on 243 Posts

I bought my 03 z for 28k in early 09 with 7k on the clock from a new Chevy dealer. I feel this is the best way to do it. I don't want to hear about it's a corvette or z06 etc. I felt it was a used car on a new lot. They wanted 34.5k and I offered $28k. It took a few weeks but they caved. Tr with mod red interior and bone stock to this day with 14k on the clock now. I've thought about selling her but my 6 year old daughter has said that is her car since she could talk.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:54 AM
Imamotohead
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought my '03 Z w/ 31,XXX miles for $23,500 last month. This is my first Vette so I'm pretty excited. Its black, bone stock and has new Bridgestone Potenzas installed. It's really clean with just a couple of very small blemishes. My first planned major mod is going to be a double din stereo from DD Mods. Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase.
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (06-17-2017)
Old 06-17-2017, 01:30 AM
GTs 58
Melting Slicks

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

I say give the dealer your low ball offer and see where it goes. You have no idea what the dealer paid for the car, if it was a trade in, auction acquisition or what. Play the game and beat him with a stick until he gives it to you for his cost plus $500.
Stitch702 (11-11-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 02:07 AM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by dlbard
After reading some of these comments realize I got a great deal on my 2001 Z06. Had 33600mi, a few bolt on "headers" and new tires. Paid $18100
You did get a good deal!
\
Old 11-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Crikk
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick61

Condition, mileage, & mods are significant factors affecting the price... as well as finding the right buyer. I bought my '04 C5Z about 4 months ago. It was an immaculate one-owner car with documented service history, and only 8600 miles on the odometer. It had new Michelins installed, as well as a new battery. Both window regulators had been replaced. Mods included drilled/slotted rotors (he also gave me the stockers), column lockout bypass, and skip-shift eliminator... so basically a stock car. Also came with a cover, jacking pucks, and a spare 3 piece OEM air dam. All that is worth something to me.

A few weeks before, I lost out on an '04 Z16... also immaculate... new tires, & 23k miles on it. I tried to low-ball him. 24 hours later, he sold it... and probably got asking price (or very close to it). I paid a premium for mine because of the mileage and condition, tho still feel that I got a good deal (less than the Z16). Mine's not a Z16, but I'm ok with that... & I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

What did you pay?
Old 11-11-2017, 01:56 AM
dohcfiend
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

01 Z06....172k all original, 1 owner, blk, 6 spd, consignment, clean carfax, service paperwork, 9k.

Literally the best deal I have ever seen on one. It does need some love but the things that require attention I was going to upgrade anyway.

Only bad thing is the timing sucked bc I wanted to wait until april so I could be finished with my CLK 55 AMG so I am working on 2 at a time!

TWICE THE LOVE!!

edit: as you can see I have already started adding an accent here and there.

Last edited by dohcfiend; 11-11-2017 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:47 AM
Stitch702
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm currently a prospective buyer looking to get a C5 Z06. I recently came across 2 Z06's that peaked my interest. The first is an all black stock 2004 z06 with 21,000 miles on the clock and a clean car fax. Dealer wants $25,400 for it, but I"m sure I can talk them down. I've seen it in person and it looks good. The other prospect is a Torch Red 2004 Z06 with 50,000 miles and some modifications. Dealer doesn't know much about the car, but from the pictures, it has an aftermarket intake and exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, f14 forgestar wheels all around, short antenna, and some other aesthetic mods. Dealer wants $23,400. Again I'm sure price is negotiable. Question is, should I go for the completely stock and low mileage or one with some modifications that I plan on doing anyway, but higher mileage?
Brackets (11-19-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 10:23 AM
Slick61
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Crikk
What did you pay?

$24k
Old 07-18-2018, 04:20 PM
baltais
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!

I am new to Corvette's and have never owned one. I am considering to buy a 2002/July Z06 405bhp in Black. It has 71.5k miles on it.

The overall condition is pretty decent. One thing that bothers me is that the wheels I think are replicas. It has a small dent on the hood because the owner once tried to open the hood with headlights turned on. Also a minor dent on the trunk. There is opened stitching on the drivers side seat approximately where the left side shoulder is located.

Owner said that the car was involved in a crash at some point (the front part of the car) so that the wing, front bumper and hood needed to be replaced.

He just put on new Michelin tyres on rear 295/R18 for 600$ and 265/R17 tyres up front (think it was different manufacturer). Also a new battery.

He has also done some minor upgrades like he changed the valve springs to upgraded ones (he said that the originals tend to crack so that's why he changed to better aftermarket ones although the originals were not broken yet). He also has put on perforated brake discs and upgraded brake pads on front and rear.

Also he said that he bought and installed a new Magnaflow exhaust system for 1750$.

By the way I am not from United States. I am from Europe, Latvia to be precise so we might have a slightly different valuation of Corvettes here because they are very rare here.

Here are some pictures of the Z06 I am considering to buy (more pictures under this link: http://www.bildites.lv/a/cudjsyzf#caebpa8q ):

Old 07-19-2018, 11:01 AM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by baltais
Hello!

I am new to Corvette's and have never owned one. I am considering to buy a 2002/July Z06 405bhp in Black. It has 71.5k miles on it.

The overall condition is pretty decent. One thing that bothers me is that the wheels I think are replicas. It has a small dent on the hood because the owner once tried to open the hood with headlights turned on. Also a minor dent on the trunk. There is opened stitching on the drivers side seat approximately where the left side shoulder is located.

Owner said that the car was involved in a crash at some point (the front part of the car) so that the wing, front bumper and hood needed to be replaced.

He just put on new Michelin tyres on rear 295/R18 for 600$ and 265/R17 tyres up front (think it was different manufacturer). Also a new battery.

He has also done some minor upgrades like he changed the valve springs to upgraded ones (he said that the originals tend to crack so that's why he changed to better aftermarket ones although the originals were not broken yet). He also has put on perforated brake discs and upgraded brake pads on front and rear.

Also he said that he bought and installed a new Magnaflow exhaust system for 1750$.

By the way I am not from United States. I am from Europe, Latvia to be precise so we might have a slightly different valuation of Corvettes here because they are very rare here.
Greetings and welcome to CF. The wheels are definitely replicas as they have rivets and that is a dead giveaway. For me it wouldn't be a deal breaker, but if you are looking for originality then it might be. Since it was involved in a front end collision I would double check the gaps and see if they match up on both sides, especially fender to door gaps. Valve springs on the C5Z is a known issue so it's a good thing they have been replaced, but does he have documentation proving so? The stitching on the upper shoulder of the seat is a common C5 problem so no surprise there, mine is just now starting to split. It happens because most people place their hand there to push themselves out of the car. The way an engine bay looks will tell you a lot about an owner, and seeing how dirty it is under the hood makes me nervous. Have you considered finding one in the States and then having it imported to your country? Or is the process costly and more of a pain to deal with?

Last edited by Not4spd; 07-19-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:46 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

x2 those emblems almost looked like they are placed wrong? Is it a real Z?
Personally I wouldnt buy anything thats been modded or 'put back to stock", guaranteed it was ridden hard. Would rather find a virgin car then spend it modding my way.
30k for a Z06 is way too much they simply arent holding value, going down like any other used car.
many many nice sub 100k ones all over for low-high teens.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:20 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
x2 those emblems almost looked like they are placed wrong? Is it a real Z?
Personally I wouldnt buy anything thats been modded or 'put back to stock", guaranteed it was ridden hard. Would rather find a virgin car then spend it modding my way.
30k for a Z06 is way too much they simply arent holding value, going down like any other used car.
many many nice sub 100k ones all over for low-high teens.
If it's a 2002, it has to be a Z06. They didn't make non-Z06 fixed roof coupes (FRC) in 2002.

Don't forget he's in Latvia so slim pickings for C5Zs available for sale. I agree if he can find a better example, get that instead, but if this is the only one around, it seems to be in good enough shape and not much work to get it to 100%.

Who said it's $30k? That's not what the seller is asking. Regarding the values, you should check the Hagerty Price Index. C5Zs have been trending up in value the past 2 years.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ciation-curve/
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...5s-collectible

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 07-20-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:36 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
If it's a 2002, it has to be a Z06. They didn't make non-Z06 fixed roof coupes (FRC) in 2002.

Don't forget he's in Latvia so slim pickings for C5Zs available for sale. I agree if he can find a better example, get that instead, but if this is the only one around, it seems to be in good enough shape and not much work to get it to 100%.

Who said it's $30k? That's not what the seller is asking. Regarding the values, you should check the Hagerty Price Index. C5Z have been trending up in value the past 2 years.
Not to mention it's Euro spec'ed. (RARE) The emblem is higher to make room for the required side lights. Notice it also has Euro taillights. Welcome, Baltais!

Last edited by zeevette; 07-19-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 values and current trend