Sponsored by:

[Z06] New Tires! Falken Azenis RT615K+

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 08:56 PM
allen624
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Quickshift_C5
Yeah, those have to the narrowest 315's I've ever seen! They fit and look like a 295...

i have the 305 Toyo R888's on my OEM 10.5 Z wheel and they are so wide the bulge out from the wheel a bit.
The 315's are an inch wider than stock, you can see them side by side above. That is a 295 sitting next to my new tires.

If you look at the side wall design on the close up picture, there is a 90 degree step that comes out from the rim and the sidewall goes straight up. A rim protector design maybe?

it sure works because it fits the wheel great
Old 05-24-2017, 02:04 PM
Chad-1stgen
Cruising

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Falken's do run slightly narrower than an R888 for sure. Also slightly narrower than other brands.

I recently wrote a review of these tires that you might be interested in for those that do any autocross or track events. Falken Azenis RT615K+ Review.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chad-1stgen:
ElisTwoCents (07-12-2017), professorjim (05-27-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 06:52 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Friends of mine Mike Maier and Andy McKee just finished the One Lap of America driving a 2017 Mustang GT and won their class, GT-2 Big Bore driving on these tires. With all the driving that's involved with that event they still had over 50% tread life left.

That being said, they work really well when it's cold out, better than the Rival S but as soon as it gets warm or hot out they fall off in performance.
The following users liked this post:
professorjim (05-27-2017)
Old 05-29-2017, 05:09 PM
PeppyheadVette
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, I am literally back and forth on what to do on my 03 C5Z with tires, and or potentially getting new rim/tires. Now I've read your thread and this is what I think I'll do.
No issues at all with rubbing, etc.? Any pics of the beast from the rear?

thanks.

Originally Posted by allen624
Got my new tires installed today and I wanted to share my experience going as wide as I could in the back on stock wheels.

I am in LOVE! I had a new set of Falken Azenis RT615K+ installed today on my 2003 Z06 Corvette. My car is at stock ride height and has stock wheels. Below are the sizes I choose after weeks of research on the forum:

Fronts: 255/40/17
Rears: 315/30/18

These are the tire sizes that should have come from the factory, they fit absolutely perfect! No rubbing issues at all in the rear, I have 1/2 inch clearance from the inside fender well and brake cooling duct.

I went with the 255 in the front to keep the front tire diameter shorter than the rear since I went with the 30 series rear tire. In this configuration the front tire is 0.5 inches shorter than the rear. I am happy to report no issues with the traction control in this configuration.

My previous tires were the Bridgestones Potenza RE760 in the stock Z06 sizes. The new rears are 1 inch wider.

Let me tell you, the Falken's make my corvette feel like an entirely different machine. I couldn't get grip with the Bridgstones beyond 1/2 throttle in first and second. The handling is absolutely amazing as well, huge improvement!

After I got the new tires installed, I did a launch today at 2500 rpm, traction control off, and the tires didn't even chirp. They just gripped and launched! It literally feels like I added 30hp to the car due to the increased traction off the line.

Lets talk about the speedometer readings with the new tires with a smaller diameter than stock. On my way to get new tires today, I tracked my speed with GPS. At 75 mph with stock tire sizes my GPS speed was actually 77. After installing the new set of tires in the sizes above with the smaller diameter, my speedometer was actually more accurate, reading exactly the same reading as my GPS. Both showing 75 mph on the dot.

Below are some pics:

Front 255/40/17

Rear 315/30/18

Absolutely no tire bulge. They fit the 10.5 inch wheels perfectly!

Quick Reply: [Z06] New Tires! Falken Azenis RT615K+