Sponsored by:

[Z06] Clutch Pedal Feel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:00 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Received 1,312 Likes on 884 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Feel?

Maybe someone can answer a question for me. How is the clutch pedal supposed to feel when pressed at higher RPM's? My clutch and pedal function normally and shifts are fine but I can feel the engine through the clutch pedal when RPM's go above 3000 and I am doing moderate to spirited driving. This would happen sometimes when I had the stock master cylinder but seems more noticeable since I installed a Tick adjustable mc.

Is this normal with the Tick? What else could be going on?

I have done a lot of searching and I have found that people say everything from "this is normal", "the clutch may have an imbalance", "the throw out bearing may be going out", "the pilot bearing may be bad", etc. But nothing truly definitive.

I do intend to change the clutch, pilot, and slave/throw out bearing eventually so I may not worry about it and just enjoy the car.

I am just trying to figure out what is normal for a Z06 Corvette since I have never had a car like this.

Last edited by Spaceme1117; 06-25-2017 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:35 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Anyone experience this? At all?
Old 07-08-2017, 11:19 PM
KM177122
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts

Hard to diagnose over the internet but I can tell you that I don't notice this on my tick MC. I would double check your install and make you have the gasket/o-ring that helps seats the MC to the firewall. If that is missing I can imagine you would get some vibration. If that's not the case then the problem probably is somewhere deeper into your drivetrain.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Originally Posted by KM177122
Hard to diagnose over the internet but I can tell you that I don't notice this on my tick MC. I would double check your install and make you have the gasket/o-ring that helps seats the MC to the firewall. If that is missing I can imagine you would get some vibration. If that's not the case then the problem probably is somewhere deeper into your drivetrain.
I'm confident my install was correct. I did reseat the firewall gasket securely. I think since the Tick MC bolts directly to the clutch pedal, it is sending more vibrations from the engine. I am also thinking my motor mounts may be need to be replaced so I am going to change them.

I installed an LS7 clutch, flywheel and replaced the pilot bearing and slave and everything was in good condition so the vibrations weren't coming from that. Torque tube and bearings were solid also. That's why I think it may be the engine mounts. Car is at 94K miles on the original mounts so I think it's time.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:54 PM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

Yes I can feel the engine through the clutch when shifting. If you max out pedal travel to the floor do you still feel it?
Old 07-13-2017, 11:35 AM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bluestreak63
Yes I can feel the engine through the clutch when shifting. If you max out pedal travel to the floor do you still feel it?
I feel it in the pedal once it is pass the disengagement point everywhere in the travel to the floor above 2500 rpm's. I think it is normal at this point. With the factory MC, it was much less noticeable. I think since the Tick is bolted directly to the pedal assembly, it is transferring normal engine vibration more strongly. And I suspect my motor mounts are a bit worn.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

thats your ls7 clutch, i hated mine! i had a monster stg2 in my 03z after it got wrecked i bought a 01z (3 days later) with the ls7 the cars was both around 450/400 rear wheel at that time. i noticed right away that the ls7 i felt feedback in the peddle and the ls7 would push back as i rolled into the throttle (push peddle up) holding power sucked barely able to get a chirp out of 3rd, i swapped my monster clutch in my 01 and it was night and day difference! no more feedback holding power was a LOT better so much that 4th gear i would get a enough will spin to make the back end wiggle some

its possible you have other problems? since i had both cars 3 days a part the differences was very noticeable for me
Old 07-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Spaceme1117
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Stroker87
thats your ls7 clutch, i hated mine! i had a monster stg2 in my 03z after it got wrecked i bought a 01z (3 days later) with the ls7 the cars was both around 450/400 rear wheel at that time. i noticed right away that the ls7 i felt feedback in the peddle and the ls7 would push back as i rolled into the throttle (push peddle up) holding power sucked barely able to get a chirp out of 3rd, i swapped my monster clutch in my 01 and it was night and day difference! no more feedback holding power was a LOT better so much that 4th gear i would get a enough will spin to make the back end wiggle some

its possible you have other problems? since i had both cars 3 days a part the differences was very noticeable for me
I think it is just normal what I am feeling so I am not going to worry about it. I also think since the Tick Master is bolted directly to the clutch pedal, it is just transferring more of the engine vibration through the pedal. When I had the car apart to install the LS7 clutch, everything was in good condition (except the stock clutch). I thought is might have been my motor mounts so I changed those and I think it has improved things but it could be my imagination.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch Pedal Feel?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Clutch Pedal Feel?