Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Krystal
Race Director

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackie Chan
but to each his own

SO MUCH BETTER than the s197s.
WOW.......just WOW!! Clearly you have an eye sight problem.

Those cars are truly plain jane at best and the best examples of an argument that might suggest the 2015 and new models while not as good looking as the '05-"14 they replace ...... are still way better than some in the past like those you've posted pictures of.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Jackie Chan
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Krystal
WOW.......just WOW!! Clearly you have an eye sight problem.

Those cars are truly plain jane at best and the best examples of an argument that might suggest the 2015 and new models while not as good looking as the '05-"14 they replace ...... are still way better than some in the past like those you've posted pictures of.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:20 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

looks is personal preference, just because one person doesn't agree doesn't mean they are wrong... I myself happen to love the 15+ mustang
Old 11-12-2017, 12:38 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts

I wasn't me but I heard a friend that has a 04 Z-16 well few days back a new BMW ( A factory hot rod one )pulled beside him at a light ,I heard the old 04 smoked him .. Bragging about a new $80,000 MUshtank out doing a old C-5 Corvette ,yes I am very impressed for sure .. NOT
Old 11-13-2017, 10:50 AM
Slick61
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I think it's hilarious how wound-up some of y'all get. Styling is very subjective. On the Fox body, I liked the 4-eyed 'stangs, but not the aero nose. On the SN95, the '94-'98 looked ok, tho I preferred the '99-04 new edge body style better. For the S197, I did not care for the styling of the '05-'09, but the refresh in 2010 fixed everything I didn't like about it. I like the styling of the current-generation mustangs, but I don't love it... the front end is a bit too fusion-esque... tho I wouldn't kick one out of my garage.

I really like the styling of the current generation Camaro... and the Challenger, while a bit long-in-tooth, is still a good looking car tho in some trims it looks a bit too "boy-racer" to me. To each his own... it's all good.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:09 PM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick61
I think it's hilarious how wound-up some of y'all get. Styling is very subjective. On the Fox body, I liked the 4-eyed 'stangs, but not the aero nose. On the SN95, the '94-'98 looked ok, tho I preferred the '99-04 new edge body style better. For the S197, I did not care for the styling of the '05-'09, but the refresh in 2010 fixed everything I didn't like about it. I like the styling of the current-generation mustangs, but I don't love it... the front end is a bit too fusion-esque... tho I wouldn't kick one out of my garage.

I really like the styling of the current generation Camaro... and the Challenger, while a bit long-in-tooth, is still a good looking car tho in some trims it looks a bit too "boy-racer" to me. To each his own... it's all good.
Seriously a lot of people really passionate about this subject. Passionate being generous phrasing for it.

I completely agree with you on all your views of the mustangs, I actually love the 2010-2014 bodystyle. Probably the best looking mustang in a very very long time, and I don't see that changing soon since all these modern mustangs have a much more european exotic look to it, which in a mustang I'm not a fan of.

If the 2011-2014 mustang had come with a tr6060 instead of the mt82 I would probably have very strongly considered it. It would have been a huge downgrade in a lot of aspects from a c5z, but still a really good solid car overall.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:12 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 534 Likes on 490 Posts

but to each his own

SO MUCH BETTER than the s197s.
Yep, ugly, ugly and ugly. When I was still driving my last BMW, a friend always commented how much she loved my car. She drove a Mustang similar to the red one, she loved it. "Thanks Michelle, uh, your car is... um, well, it's really freaking ugly." OK, obviously never told her that...
Oh well, I still like '69 Cougars tons (had one many years ago), probably still my favorite muscle car. But obviously not everyone's as it's just not that popular. To each their own. Enjoy.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:45 PM
Lexybird
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Mustangs really do look like ford fusions .many people see the resemblance. They just are Not sporty looking and it’s a dated tired look for a new performance car

Last edited by Lexybird; 11-13-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:37 AM
Krystal
Race Director

Originally Posted by neutron82
looks is personal preference, just because one person doesn't agree doesn't mean they are wrong... I myself happen to love the 15+ mustang
Of course they are WRONG!!.......it's at the root of the ribbing we'll give each other for conflicting opinions.

The only rules here?

Don't get "butt hurt" over someone who passionately disagrees with your opinion or the conversation may shut down quicker and uglier than you'd hoped for because it is subjective opinion only there is no absolute sure winning of the argument we attempt to make for our own opinion.

But make no mistake..... if something is PRETTY to our eye or UGLY to our eye.......that is our opinion and conflicting opinion is WRONG!

Oh and for what it's worth.......you're wrong on the '15 it's neither pretty or ugly........it's nothing to "love" for sure........it's more of a "it's OK.....sometimes I want to just blend in anonymously with the traffic around me"

Last edited by Krystal; 11-14-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:41 AM
Krystal
Race Director

Originally Posted by Lexybird
Mustangs really do look like ford fusions .many people see the resemblance. They just are Not sporty looking and it’s a dated tired look for a new performance car
........ perfect description.....
Old 11-14-2017, 11:49 AM
CoachPaul
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I currently own 2 c5's, a coupe and an 04 Z06. Have had multiple Chevelle's, Camaro's and El Camino's over the years so no doubt, I am biased. That said, my daily driver is a 2000 Expedition with 200K on it and it has been a great ride for me so I don't hate Fords.

Anyway, my step Father is a blue oval guy through and through. He had an 07 Shelby GT 500. Great car, MT Car of the Year. Fast and turned some heads. The other night, I took him to a movie with me in the below Vette (see pic). We are coming home at about 9:30 PM with the windows down and some teenage boys pull up next to us and shout "bad *** ride" and give me the thumbs up. I thank them and wave and they drive on. Ken goes "Now why did they do that?". I go, "because this is a bad *** looking ride". He goes "yeah but that never happens in my Mustang". I said, "you really want to know why?" He goes "yeah". I said "OK, your Shelby is a great car. But you can order it with a 4 cylinder, it has a back seat and a trunk. Lets face it, people used to call them a "secretary's car". You sit in this, as low as it sits, legs forward almost laying back. Lower than everyone on the road. This car makes no bones about what it is. You cant get a 4 cylinder or a back seat. This is a fast sports car made to go". And to me, that is the difference. Like someone said earlier, Mustang is built to compete with Camaro, not Corvette. Different animal.
The following users liked this post:
C5Dobie (11-21-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 11:49 AM
CoachPaul
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Jake
Old 11-14-2017, 01:12 PM
Jackie Chan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by grantv
Yep, ugly, ugly and ugly. When I was still driving my last BMW, a friend always commented how much she loved my car. She drove a Mustang similar to the red one, she loved it. "Thanks Michelle, uh, your car is... um, well, it's really freaking ugly." OK, obviously never told her that...
Oh well, I still like '69 Cougars tons (had one many years ago), probably still my favorite muscle car. But obviously not everyone's as it's just not that popular. To each their own. Enjoy.
BMW? They are cute cars for girls
Old 11-14-2017, 08:48 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Sure, my wife loved it. She missed it after I sold it.
As far as steering feedback and responsiveness, brake feel... even she knows that car bested the Z06.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:04 AM
Krystal
Race Director

Non-sense......there are models that conjure up the teen or college aged daughter of well-to-do parents at the wheel......a 3 series convertible for sure.

But if not for the price tag attached......a 7 series sedan would be a great ride to work for anyone who has to do the mileage that keeps them behind the wheel for extended periods .....especially if they can absorb the price without pain....male or female.....it'd be a great car.

Even a well optioned 5 series could be pretty good too and the price point isn't so crazy.

But could you appreciate this?

I don't know.....after all you're the guy who thinks those 90's era Mustangs are nice looking cars......that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of your taste in automobiles.
CorvetteBrent (12-23-2018)
Old 11-18-2017, 09:19 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by CoachPaul

Jake
WOW nice ride .. A friend has one the same color with new LS-3 500 HP .. I would take it over a new mushtant any day of the week . But that's me ..
CoachPaul (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 10:13 AM
Krystal
Race Director

Originally Posted by radar502
WOW nice ride .. A friend has one the same color with new LS-3 500 HP .. I would take it over a new mushtant any day of the week . But that's me ..
Honestly? I wouldn't want either in this two car choice.

The new Mustang is dull as dish-water......and unfortunately the C5 is the new C4 to me.

Get notified of new replies

To 2018 Mustang GT goes 0-60 as fast as a C5Z

Old 11-18-2017, 11:28 AM
grantv
Le Mans Master

The new Mustang is dull as dish-water......and unfortunately the C5 is the new C4 to me.
You don't like (own?) a C5? I could never bother posting on the site if I weren't owning or wanting to own...
Old 11-18-2017, 12:19 PM
Jackie Chan
Burning Brakes

If I read one more of your posts I think you will be my first entry to the ignore list.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:47 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Of course they are WRONG!!.......it's at the root of the ribbing we'll give each other for conflicting opinions.

The only rules here?

Don't get "butt hurt" over someone who passionately disagrees with your opinion or the conversation may shut down quicker and uglier than you'd hoped for because it is subjective opinion only there is no absolute sure winning of the argument we attempt to make for our own opinion.

But make no mistake..... if something is PRETTY to our eye or UGLY to our eye.......that is our opinion and conflicting opinion is WRONG!

Oh and for what it's worth.......you're wrong on the '15 it's neither pretty or ugly........it's nothing to "love" for sure........it's more of a "it's OK.....sometimes I want to just blend in anonymously with the traffic around me"
sounds like you're the one that's butt hurt, your replies remind me a lot of someone that recently departed this forum

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2018 Mustang GT goes 0-60 as fast as a C5Z