Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Is the PCV valve part # same as for LS1? Also looking for an inexpensive catch can.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 12:22 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts
Default Is PCV valve part # same as for LS1? Also looking for an inexpensive oil catch can.

Hi guys- about to place an order on RockAuto, and figured I'd throw a PCV valve into my order since it's cheap enough and might be good preventive maintenance. My quick question is, do the LS1 and LS6 share the same PCV part # (RockAuto doesn't say the valve is not for Z06s so I assume its the same)? My car is a 2002 Z06. Here's the link (the Standard Motor Products V334 is the one I will buy):

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...jsn=__GIP__3__

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...on)+valve,5052

Also, can anyone recommend a cheap but quality catch can either from RockAuto, ebay, Amazon, or elsewhere? Seems like the branded ones are overpriced when it's just a simple part.

Thanks!

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 09-06-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:02 PM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

Mike Norris motorsports.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:13 PM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by farmington
Mike Norris motorsports.
I assume you mean they sell a catch can. Looks like it's over $100 though, not cheap. Don't need a fancy looking expensive billet one, just one that works well. I know some people have had success with catch cans in the $25-40 range.

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 09-06-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:50 AM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect

Also, can anyone recommend a cheap but quality catch can either from RockAuto, ebay, Amazon, or elsewhere? Seems like the branded ones are overpriced when it's just a simple part.

Thanks!
before you invest, are you sure a 'cheap but quality' can will satisfy your needs?

the part you said here "Seems like the branded ones are overpriced when it's just a simple part."

i have to tell you is an assumption. they do not all work the same or do the same jobs.

do you want instructions?
do you want someone to email or call you back if you have a question or problem?
does 'made in america' mean anything to you?
are you ok with throwing it away when the car changes, or the need changes vs. buying upgrade/replacement components?

don't get me wrong, there is a possibility for even the cheapest setup (properly selected) to show some functionality, but it is very easy to go very wrong without research to get educated up, at least enough to know what you need and what you don't.
#mmsolutions
Six time NMCA True Street Champions

Home of the first Twin Turbo C7Z 7.81 @ 176
3470# Stock bottom end and heads Corvette Stock Bottom End Record Holder
Old 09-26-2017, 11:40 AM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
Hi guys- about to place an order on RockAuto, and figured I'd throw a PCV valve into my order since it's cheap enough and might be good preventive maintenance. My quick question is, do the LS1 and LS6 share the same PCV part # (RockAuto doesn't say the valve is not for Z06s so I assume its the same)? My car is a 2002 Z06. Here's the link (the Standard Motor Products V334 is the one I will buy):

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...jsn=__GIP__3__

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...on)+valve,5052
Anyone know the answer regarding the PCV?

Get notified of new replies

To Is the PCV valve part # same as for LS1? Also looking for an inexpensive catch can.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Is the PCV valve part # same as for LS1? Also looking for an inexpensive catch can.