[Z06] Factory or full roller rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 10:21 AM
killian96ss
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 259 Likes on 181 Posts

Default Factory or full roller rockers?

I'm about to put new GM "blue" springs in my 02Z which has 17k miles and have a question regarding the rocker arms. I know the factory rockers are decent and can be made more reliable with a trunnion upgrade, but I've always used full roller rockers on my previous engines. I've had good results and no failures using Comp Cams Pro Magnums. I've used them on several Gen 1 & 2 SBC V8's, but this is my 1st LS motor so I trust what you guys would recommend. I really don't mind spending the money for a good set of full roller rockers if they will last longer and free up a little hp. My Z is currently just a fun weekend cruiser, but I do plan on tracking it at Thunder Hill frequently since I'll be living near the track soon. Will full rollers clear the factory valve covers and will they increase or decrease hp? Thanks for any input!

Steve
Old 09-07-2017, 11:28 PM
493lszosix
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

Many of us run the factory rocker arms with trunnion upgrade with no issues, you will probably want to go with the bushing trunnion kit if you decide to go that route
Old 09-08-2017, 12:24 AM
killian96ss
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 259 Likes on 181 Posts

Thanks, I was thinking of using the Straub kit with factory rockers. I was just curious if the full roller rockers were any better due to less friction on the valve stems. I remember picking up a solid 10hp on my last LT1 when I switched to full rollers. I guess the LS rockers are already pretty good though.

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Factory or full roller rockers?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Factory or full roller rockers?