Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] TI exhaust with bypass or Corsa sport?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 08:12 AM
Fathomitout
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TI exhaust with bypass or Corsa sport?

I have been debating this for the last year, just want to collect some opinions from you guys before I get the bypass done.

Car mods will be:
ARH 1 3/4 headers with cats
Intake
Possible smallish cam.

Because I might be putting a cam in the car later on I don't want the corsa extremes, I have heard them in person and it was too loud for me. So I am either going to go with the sport/touring exhaust or bypass mod the TI.

Any thoughts from someone who has heard or had both. Most likely will be a stock cam when I do the headers but not sure yet, I have all winter to think about it hahah.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Verrückt ZR1
Melting Slicks

Received 856 Likes on 556 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

The bypassed Ti exhaust will sound great with the mods you have in mind, but beware... it will drone. Added bypassed exhaust to my '04Z with 1-3/4" LG Super Pros, and while sounding amazing, it did drone at freeway speeds and rarely at idle. If money is no option, spring for the Corsa. If you want more $ for other mods (my thought process exactly) opt for the bypass.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:57 PM
MX621
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedLS6
The bypassed Ti exhaust will sound great with the mods you have in mind, but beware... it will drone. Added bypassed exhaust to my '04Z with 1-3/4" LG Super Pros, and while sounding amazing, it did drone at freeway speeds and rarely at idle. If money is no option, spring for the Corsa. If you want more $ for other mods (my thought process exactly) opt for the bypass.
i disagree.. I’ve had kooks lt’’s, orx pipe, bypassed Ti catback, medium cam for last 6 years and it hasn’t had any drone yet, in any rpm range. I really like the way it sounds. It’s pretty mellow normal driving but wakes up wot.

That at all being said. I believe the corsa sport is the best sounding exhaust option for our cars.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:21 PM
Verrückt ZR1
Melting Slicks

Received 856 Likes on 556 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by MX621
i disagree.. I’ve had kooks lt’’s, orx pipe, bypassed Ti catback, medium cam for last 6 years and it hasn’t had any drone yet, in any rpm range. I really like the way it sounds. It’s pretty mellow normal driving but wakes up wot.

That at all being said. I believe the corsa sport is the best sounding exhaust option for our cars.
Hmmm. I bought my modded TI's second hand. Maybe I had a couple of duds.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

Not sue how this applies here, but my buddy has a C6Z with stock exhaust and cut outs. It drones like crazy at highway speeds. Almost unbearable.

As a side note, I have Corsa Extreme with LT headers and absolutely NO drone at all.

Shakey
Old 10-23-2017, 08:24 AM
hellbents-10
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I do not have any drone with my modded ti exh.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:11 PM
wrkdWS6
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

No drone here either. I’ve ran modded TIs with long tubes and both a catted X and off-road X and with and without a cam. Love the exhaust, it’s my favorite sound for a C5. Corsa Sport is another one of my favorites, prob my number two. Can’t go wrong either way IMO.

Last edited by wrkdWS6; 10-23-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:20 PM
MY03C5Z
Race Director

Received 195 Likes on 148 Posts

Ti with bypass, LT's with high flow cats and zero drone at any speed. Love my modded ti's.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Fathomitout
Intermediate

Awesome so its sounding like modded Ti's are the way to go for what I am looking for, The corse's would be great but I would rather put that money else where.

How much popping do you get when coming to a stop or on the "downswing" of the power band with headers and modded Ti?
Old 10-23-2017, 08:24 PM
MY03C5Z
Race Director

Received 195 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Fathomitout
Awesome so its sounding like modded Ti's are the way to go for what I am looking for, The corse's would be great but I would rather put that money else where.

How much popping do you get when coming to a stop or on the "downswing" of the power band with headers and modded Ti?
With the high flow cats on mine you still get some pop/crackle on decel , nothing obnoxious though imo. I like a bit of that sound.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Fathomitout
Intermediate

Perfect I like that and want it, just wanted to make sure it was there
Old 10-24-2017, 03:14 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I had the Corsa Sport/Pace Car system on my Z with LG Pros and off road X-pipe. I was not overly happy with the sound. Corsa sounds great with cats in place but I feel gets pretty unrefined sounding with LT's and no cats when you start rolling into the throttle. I heard a car with the same setup I had but with a set of high flow cats, sounded really, really nice!!! I ended going with a B&B Route 66 which is definitely more tame/refined sounding with no cats. I think the modded Ti's will sound nice (I know two people with them and they have zero drone) and so would the Corsa providing you keep your cats in place.

Get notified of new replies

To TI exhaust with bypass or Corsa sport?

Quick Reply: [Z06] TI exhaust with bypass or Corsa sport?