Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Wind Noise is annoying

Old 01-10-2018, 11:25 AM
PeppyheadVette
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wind Noise is annoying

My 2003 Corvette Z06 since I've owned it (3 years) has had the infamous wind noise coming from the drivers side window. Seems to be right on the pillar near the top.

It is literally the most annoying thing at highway speeds. I know I might be beating a dead horse here because I have looked on here and all that came up was that window tip-in adjustment, but what are the ways to fix this?

New weather stripping? Door adjustment?

Thanks everyone!
Old 01-10-2018, 11:39 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 288 Likes on 221 Posts

I have the same problem ,but have read the how to adjust the tip in deal looks like a lot of work but works I here .. I just turn up the tunes .. Look at the weather stripping if its still puffy and not flatten out I would just go with the tip in deal looks like the only way to fix it . Weather stripping not cheap not easy either to install as one might think and still might have the same problem ..
Old 01-11-2018, 02:25 PM
gmanflying
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by radar502
I have the same problem ,but have read the how to adjust the tip in deal looks like a lot of work but works I here .. I just turn up the tunes .. Look at the weather stripping if its still puffy and not flatten out I would just go with the tip in deal looks like the only way to fix it . Weather stripping not cheap not easy either to install as one might think and still might have the same problem ..
Old 01-12-2018, 10:39 AM
killian96ss
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 259 Likes on 181 Posts

I had the same problem when with my Z when I bought it 2 years ago. I only had to pop out the lower door panel clips and remove the screws behind the handle to gain enough access to the adjusters. There is a front and rear adjuster to tip the window in or out. It might take more than one adjustment to get it perfect, but it's really easy to do. I used a piece of paper placed between the weatherstrip and window when the door is closed to pull up on to measure resistance front to rear. My passenger side window had no wind noise at all so I used it as a guide to copy.

Steve

Last edited by killian96ss; 01-12-2018 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Added information
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (01-12-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 02:21 PM
PeppyheadVette
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by killian96ss
I had the same problem when with my Z when I bought it 2 years ago. I only had to pop out the lower door panel clips and remove the screws behind the handle to gain enough access to the adjusters. There is a front and rear adjuster to tip the window in or out. It might take more than one adjustment to get it perfect, but it's really easy to do. I used a piece of paper placed between the weatherstrip and window when the door is closed to pull up on to measure resistance front to rear. My passenger side window had no wind noise at all so I used it as a guide to copy.

Steve
Thanks! I will try that in the spring!
Old 01-20-2018, 04:19 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I've owned my Z for 13 years but it used to have the driver's side wind noise issue. I also adjusted the window and have never had a problem since.
The following users liked this post:
PeppyheadVette (01-22-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Wind Noise is annoying

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Wind Noise is annoying