C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a right way and a wrong way?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 08:19 PM
benspruce
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Is there a right way and a wrong way?

I have an F55 suspension, but I added the Eradispeed slotted and cross-drilled rotors. Are the slots supposed to face in a certain direction. Mine were installed in a clock-wise direction. I hope I am making my question clear. I can't post photos. If someone has a pic of their wheels I would be grateful to see it. Thanks
Old 07-08-2005, 09:36 PM
lager99
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Rotors will only fit 1 way.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:09 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by benspruce
I have an F55 suspension, but I added the Eradispeed slotted and cross-drilled rotors. Are the slots supposed to face in a certain direction. Mine were installed in a clock-wise direction. I hope I am making my question clear. I can't post photos. If someone has a pic of their wheels I would be grateful to see it. Thanks
Click on "My Corvette Photos" under my avatar to the left and it will take you to my gallery. There are several pictures of the EradiSpeeds on my car.

The rotors come with stickers that say "R" and "L" to make sure they are installed properly. I installed mine myself, so I know they're on correctly.

BTW, I think the EradiSpeed holes arc in a different direction than the Z51 rotors do (although the Z51 has left side rotors on both sides of the car!! )

Bob

Last edited by BEZ06; 07-08-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:18 PM
BadAttitude
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be installed mechanically/functionally "correct", the slots should sweep to the rear of the car. NOT in the "forward" direction.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:22 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BadAttitude
To be installed mechanically/functionally "correct", the slots should sweep to the rear of the car. NOT in the "forward" direction.
Depends on how they're designed, engineered, and built.

The internal vanes are directional, and they are what really needs to be rotating in the correct direction.

The Baer EradiSpeeds have the pattern of the drilled holes and slots arcing forward. That's the way they were designed.

Bob
Old 07-08-2005, 10:28 PM
BadAttitude
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are absolutely correct. I was assuming, a dangerous game for certain, that the drilled holes, or slots as the case may be, were in the same direction as the internal vanes. The vanes which are "vented" by being rearward facing.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:31 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's a link to a gallery of pics on the Baer EradiSpeed site. You can see which way the holes & slots are going in a lot of the pictures of different cars that have them installed.

Baer EradiSpeed Rotor Pics

Bob
Old 07-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Cosmo Kramer
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Here's a picture of my front brake. As shown in the picture, the holes and slots swoop forward. As somebody mentioned, the rotors have a "L & R" sticker on them (I took the stickers off after installation.) The directions are very clear about which way the holes and slots are suppose to swoop. Additionally, if you look closely, you can see a directional arrow caste into the rotor hub. Hope this helps.

The direction of the holes and slots varies from one manufacture to another. On my C5, for example, I installed the GM high performance rotors and the holes and slots swooped rearward.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:39 PM
benspruce
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks to all of you for responding. Beezeye has made my day. My rotors are installed correctly, and, yes with the right and left markings it would be hard to mess it up. I got confused because the Z51 rotors are different. Thanks guys for the clarification.

Get notified of new replies

To Is there a right way and a wrong way?

Quick Reply: Is there a right way and a wrong way?