C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer laughed at my offer.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Docbrock
Team Owner

Received 444 Likes on 218 Posts

Default Dealer laughed at my offer.

I went back to my local Chevrolet dealership tonight, armed with the information I got from this forum, and offered to order an 06 coupe for 2k under MSRP. He literally laughed. I was told that they are selling C6s for 5-6k over MSRP. I left them my phone number so they could phone me tomorrow with thier best deal.

Looks like I'll have to order from one of the forum dealers, but I wanted to give my local guys a chance.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:00 PM
self1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Docbrock
I went back to my local Chevrolet dealership tonight, armed with the information I got from this forum, and offered to order an 06 coupe for 2k under MSRP. He literally laughed. I was told that they are selling C6s for 5-6k over MSRP. I left them my phone number so they could phone me tomorrow with thier best deal.

Looks like I'll have to order from one of the forum dealers, but I wanted to give my local guys a chance.

Leave those 'laughable' offers at a couple of dealers, and with gas prices and economy, you might be surprised at response in short order.

Never be an eager beaver if you want best price. The converse, which many here will be happy to tell you, is that if you shop for a really good price, be prepared to deal with SCUM who lie, can't deliver, change players on you several times, don't answer your questions, won't give you completed sales order info, are foggy about delivery until eleventh hour, etc.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Doughan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran

You should be able to get a great deal on a 2005 when the 2006 models are available. Happy hunting!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:02 PM
CAPTRKO
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Do what I did ( I got the LAST LAUGH)

ORDER FROM A FORUM DEALER! In my case Maxie Price, and I picked it up at the NCM, or you can drop ship it. Took 4 weeks to get the Vette I wanted and at a great price, forget the local stealerships
Old 09-01-2005, 09:21 PM
HighwaySpeed
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CAPTRKO

ORDER FROM A FORUM DEALER! In my case Maxie Price, and I picked it up at the NCM, or you can drop ship it. Took 4 weeks to get the Vette I wanted and at a great price, forget the local stealerships
Did You Get At Least $3,000 Below MSRP?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:23 PM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 507 Likes on 293 Posts

I do not think that the forum dealers are that much better. Les stinford told me MSRP on a Convertible when I asked if they would match the deal I got from a non forum dealer. Several members have reported getting 3000 below msrp from non forum dealers. My dealer is willing to replicate something similar to my deal( 4500 off an 06). no relationship or gain from this yada yada. contact me via pm if anyone interested in the particulars.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Ego-Trip
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran

They arent giving that much off of MSRP on the '06 models are they? I thought that the discounts were just on the left over '05 models?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:28 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

When you get it, be sure to pay that dealer a visit.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:28 PM
bmichael
Racer

Originally Posted by 2k1 Vette
They arent giving that much off of MSRP on the '06 models are they? I thought that the discounts were just on the left over '05 models?
if you order , you are going to wait a bit....
I know someone that is discounting 2006' s as well!
at least some are trying to help.....
Old 09-01-2005, 09:29 PM
0corvette pilot
Former Vendor

If you don't have a trade, contact the fleet manager at every local chevy dealer and ask for their best deal. They aren't commissioned and are very easy to work with. You can also go to edmunds.com and get dealer quotes. I did this for my sister-in-laws MDX, and it also gets you to the fleet sales department, where you will get a much better deal.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:29 PM
eugenee326
Advanced

Default Fichtner Chevrolet

?
I felt the same thing you were feeling. A Corvette is different than other cars. What other car can you order for a Museum Delivery? Most dealers really don't know anything about this car. Just ask them any question and try not to laugh when they give you their answer. I never would have thought that the first car I EVER ORDERED (I have bought new cars but never ordered it) that I would order it online (basically) - but a Vette is different and there are people out there that appreciate that - some are dealers - and then there are some of those dealers that go even further and care enough to get involved with the boards, updating us with tidbits of 'inside info' along the way and answering our questions. Ken Fichtner with Fichtner Chevrolet has been straight up with me and thats all I can atest to. I wanted a museum delivery and I live in S. Florida. I would have bought from a local dealer, also, but I found that most dealers don't have a clue about a Corvette and the allocation process, etc, and if they do they don't care because they just want your order - whether or not you get your car.

Understand this - because I believe it (which is worth the paper its printed on) - the people that support these forums won't lie to you. The car you get will be the same one you order from them or your local dealer and the warrantee is GM wherever you live.

I haven't actually driven my 06 C6 yet but I have my order number through Ken Fichtner and if you are reading these forums its only because of guys like Ken.

I think LOCAL takes on a different meaning when you consider the neighborhood of these forums.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:30 PM
jeffgdula
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldnt get a good deal from any of the forum vendors either. (of course none of them had or could find the car I wanted either-Silver/Gray 1SA or 1SB 6-speed) Got the best deal from an in-state, but out of town dealer, who had to ship the car to me.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:32 PM
jeffgdula
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corvette pilot
If you don't have a trade, contact the fleet manager at every local chevy dealer and ask for their best deal. They aren't commissioned and are very easy to work with. You can also go to edmunds.com and get dealer quotes. I did this for my sister-in-laws MDX, and it also gets you to the fleet sales department, where you will get a much better deal.
good advice, but I would imagine this is not nearly as effective when buying a 'vette.
Docbrock
Team Owner

Received 444 Likes on 218 Posts

I like to support local business whenever I can, but it is afterall.. business.

Last edited by Docbrock; 09-01-2005 at 09:32 PM. Reason: spelling
sugarlandc6
Advanced

Maybe I was lucky, but I got a great deal from a local dealer. Better than I could get from any internet dealer I checked with...
Old 09-01-2005, 09:33 PM
CAPTRKO
Pro

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
Did You Get At Least $3,000 Below MSRP?

It was more than that. I got $2500 below MSRP, I got $1000 off for the Hot button deal and another $500 for an email GM sent me because I filled out a info request form at the Sebring Lemans race.

I would go with a FORUM dealer...just do a search here on the forum and see what a MAJORITY of us all say....
Old 09-01-2005, 09:34 PM
archtop
Drifting

With the way the economy is going ( based on gas prices alone which will effect "every" aspect of our economy) leave him your number and let him know your willing to pay " no more than a thousand over invoice" and wait for the call.I expect auto mfgr.'s are in for a real wake up call.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer laughed at my offer.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:35 PM
CAPTRKO
Pro

Originally Posted by sugarlandc6
Maybe I was lucky, but I got a great deal from a local dealer. Better than I could get from any internet dealer I checked with...

You were lucky!

In Florida (Orlando) they were 10K-15K+ above MSRP.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:47 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by CAPTRKO

You can get the last laugh by having it drop shipped to your dealer that laughed at you. I have heard of that being done.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Wass
Melting Slicks

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

I bought my C6 last January when some dealers were still charging $5,000 or more over sticker. Went to a local dealer and was able to get $6,200 under sticker. The dealer gave me a $4,700 discount, and I got another $1,500 off under a GM Loyalty discount program (anyone who owned a GM vehicle qualified). Three other dealers had offered me $2,000 to $2,500 discounts on new Corvettes (in stock or ordered).

Quick Reply: Dealer laughed at my offer.