C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3s---How do you make them for the...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 11:07 AM
scrannel
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BillyClub
Ther is a Freebe program out there that will make the volume the same on all MP3's on a disk (or at least very close). Name of program is MP3Gain. Worked very well for me, no more playing with the volume control.
I use Musucmatch for my MP3s and volume leveling in the program works very well.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:26 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoonose
They won't with NAV and the single CD, at least not yet.
They work fine with the 6 disk changer CD.
I don't think GM has released the 6 disk changer to go with the 05 Nav yet. But, when they do will it work with MP3?
Old 10-22-2005, 03:46 PM
lcattman
Instructor

Any way to get iTunes songs purchased from iTunes Store to convert to MP3s? Songs on iTunes that were original mp3 will work, but stuff bought on iTune will not. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:45 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lcattman
Any way to get iTunes songs purchased from iTunes Store to convert to MP3s? Songs on iTunes that were original mp3 will work, but stuff bought on iTune will not. Any help would be appreciated.
Already posted above: Use iTunes to make an audio CD, use MusicMatch Jukebox to rip audio CD into MP3 tracks, use MusicMatch Jukebox to burn MP3 CD. QED. I'm pretty sure it can't be done using only the iTunes software, and the reason was already explained in a earlier post in this thread.

BTW, upgrading to MusicMatch Jukebox Plus is a good idea ($20). It provides faster copying (ripping) of audio CDs, processing options, and title tags off the internet. When you use MusicMatch to rip the iTunes audio CD, all title tags will be lost and MusicMatch will show the tracks as Track(1), Track(2)... etc. MusicMatch Plus will match title tags to the tracks off the internet without you having to enter them manually.

Free MusicMatch Jukebox: http://www.musicmatch.com/download/f...991574&OEM=CJJ

MusicMatch Jukebox Plus: http://www.musicmatch.com/download/p...40&PID=1558144

Last edited by JmpnJckFlsh; 10-22-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:52 PM
CaseyKasey
Instructor

Default Okay what have I done wrong?

I have Musicmatch Plus and have never had trouble burning regular CDs and having them play in my computer, home stereo, or the 2006 with NAV. However, when I made some MP3s of songs from my library it will playback in my computer (as a data disc), but not in the NAV which is saying "NO VALID DISC"???
Old 10-25-2005, 10:31 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by Texaggie
I use Winamp Pro to download my CDs onto my PC harddrive and then Nero Soundtrax to make a CD-ROM MP3 disc from the music stored on my harddrive.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:36 PM
blacktop373737
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am glad this thread started. We have worked hard to learn all the tech the c6 has. I have made mp3s with itunes with success but still very green. The car says folder 1. Does this mean you can have more than 1 folder on the disk? (putting 1 album per folder). or do you put 1 long list of 150 songs with titles.With the 6 cd changer & nav you could pac a lot of songs. The car would wear out befor you could hear them all. IF I could make folders it seems it would be a lot easier to find your tune. thanks for all the help!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:04 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CaseyKasey
I have Musicmatch Plus and have never had trouble burning regular CDs and having them play in my computer, home stereo, or the 2006 with NAV. However, when I made some MP3s of songs from my library it will playback in my computer (as a data disc), but not in the NAV which is saying "NO VALID DISC"???
Are you burning it as an MP3 disc or a data disc? I burned mine as MP3 disc, and the Bose system played it like a champ.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:09 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Originally Posted by blacktop373737
I am glad this thread started. We have worked hard to learn all the tech the c6 has. I have made mp3s with itunes with success but still very green. The car says folder 1. Does this mean you can have more than 1 folder on the disk? (putting 1 album per folder). or do you put 1 long list of 150 songs with titles.With the 6 cd changer & nav you could pac a lot of songs. The car would wear out befor you could hear them all. IF I could make folders it seems it would be a lot easier to find your tune. thanks for all the help!
I'm not sure about iTunes, but it's probably the same as Music Match. In Music Match, you can set up a folder for each artist, and named albums within the artist folder...I haven't done the BIG disc yet, but it should make finding a particular song MUCH easier.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Waveblaster785
Drifting

Itunes are not MP3, they are M4p or something like that, and encrypted file. If you are Importing via Itunes from a CD you can however select to bring them in as mp3's.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:20 AM
CaseyKasey
Instructor

Originally Posted by JmpnJckFlsh
Are you burning it as an MP3 disc or a data disc? I burned mine as MP3 disc, and the Bose system played it like a champ.
I opened my library and expanded it;
clicked burn cd;
after the burner plus window opened, I clicked the tools button on it;
clicked disc;
clicked change type;
clicked MP3...a check box went next to it and MP3 appeared across the top of the burner plus window;
I then dropped and dragged about 32 songs, until the 700mb was used and then burned it.

Like I said when I put the disc back in the computer and open it in Musicmatch, it shows as a data disc across the top and does play perfectly...but not in the car...I don't have a home stereo or any other device that reads MP3s in order to double check.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:17 AM
BobILoveAVette
Racer

Default WINDOWS media player does it all

Media player can rip and a copy and paste can burn, so easy
Old 10-26-2005, 09:54 AM
PimpDadd
Racer

clicked burn cd;
clicked disc;
clicked change type;
clicked MP3...a check box went next to it and MP3 appeared across the top of the burner plus window;
I then dropped and dragged about 32 songs, until the 700mb was used and then burned it.

Like I said when I put the disc back in the computer and open it in Musicmatch, it shows as a data disc across the top and does play perfectly...but not in the car...I don't have a home stereo or any other device that reads MP3s in order to double check.
I tried em all -- None of them work for some reason not even Media Player! You have to download iTunes (free) from Apple.com and click MP3 CD in the Burn prefs.... It works perfect for me with 155 mp3's just dumped in 1 big playlist
Old 10-26-2005, 02:47 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

clicked burn cd;
clicked disc;
clicked change type;

If you could only get 32 songs on a 700mb disc, then you either have your recording bitrate set very high, or you are not recording in MP3 format.

Click on "Options", then "Recorder" on the pull-down menu, then "Settings" on the recorder pull-down menu. Be sure the recording format is set to MP3, and set the recording quality where you want. MusicMatch Basic has a radio button for "CD Quality" at 128kbps...Someone here said that quality above about 192kbps was wasted for playing in your car. I recorded my test disc (MusicMatch Basic) at "CD Quality" (128kbps), and 20+ tracks only took up 9% of a 700mb disc. When I do the final product, I will try 192kbps.

Casey, you have a 2006, right? The NAV system in the 2005s would not play MP3s, but there is supposed to be a update disc available. I hope you didn't get a "left-over" 2005 NAV, but if you can't make it play MP3s any other way, it might be worthwhile to have your dealer check it out and do the update.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:43 PM
docrings1
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
C6 FAQ Master

Originally Posted by blacktop373737
Pull out your Owner's manual and it will give folder specifications... I don't have mine handy here, but I have read it before in the manual...

Old 10-26-2005, 08:13 PM
CaseyKasey
Instructor

Originally Posted by JmpnJckFlsh
If you could only get 32 songs on a 700mb disc, then you either have your recording bitrate set very high, or you are not recording in MP3 format.

Click on "Options", then "Recorder" on the pull-down menu, then "Settings" on the recorder pull-down menu. Be sure the recording format is set to MP3, and set the recording quality where you want. MusicMatch Basic has a radio button for "CD Quality" at 128kbps...Someone here said that quality above about 192kbps was wasted for playing in your car. I recorded my test disc (MusicMatch Basic) at "CD Quality" (128kbps), and 20+ tracks only took up 9% of a 700mb disc. When I do the final product, I will try 192kbps.

Casey, you have a 2006, right? The NAV system in the 2005s would not play MP3s, but there is supposed to be a update disc available. I hope you didn't get a "left-over" 2005 NAV, but if you can't make it play MP3s any other way, it might be worthwhile to have your dealer check it out and do the update.
I double checked what you suggested and the settings are to MP3...and yeh, I thought it funny too I only got around 32 songs on 700mb...the bitrate was 128. Sure wish I had an MP3 that someone knows it plays in a 2006 NAV like mine, then I'd know I got a "leftover". I wonder if there is any other way to tell? I do know I was supplied with the newer NAV disc, version 2, or at least the part number on the back of the box matches the part number everyone is saying is for the 2006.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:56 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

I do know I was supplied with the newer NAV disc, version 2, or at least the part number on the back of the box matches the part number everyone is saying is for the 2006.
That's a different CD...I believe that is an updated map CD. I think there is a disc available to dealers that "patches" the programming inside the 2005 NAV units to permit them to play MP3s...That was my understanding, but I could be wrong.

I can't help you with the NAV...don't have it...but, If its MP3 capable, I don't know why it wouldn't play the same MP3 disc my Bose unit plays.

Get notified of new replies

To MP3s---How do you make them for the...

Old 12-02-2005, 08:11 AM
TX Steve T
Instructor

Ok, I can burn my MP3 discs with Itunes(Windows) and Music Match and Roxio (Creator Classic).

Now the problems:

Itunes:

I use volume leveling and it seems to do a good.

I burn a playlist to disc and it plays, the artist and track name and album all show in the display. The full track names show in the track list. The problem is that the tracks are not played in the order of the playlist, they are played in the order of the track # from the original albums. In other words, all the #1 tracks play then the #2 tracks,etc... Any way to make them play in the order of the Itunes playlist?

Music Match:

Same results as Itunes for the most part. Only other problem is that the full track name and artist and album show in the main menu but the track names are truncated to 3 to 5 characters in the track list menu.
Tried the options for including the playlist file on the disc put did not make any difference in the track order problem.

Anyone have any ideals on how to make these play in the order of the original playlist?

The wife's SL65 plays the Itunes MP3 discs in the order of the original play list and displays the full track names. So it may just be a problem/limitation of the GM software.

2006 Z06 DSOM
——————————————————————————————————————
Our other cars: ‘06 CLS 55 Silver / '05 SL65 Pewter / '05 G55 Graphite / ‘05 Boxster S Seal Grey / ‘05 MazdaSpeed Miata Red / ‘05 SSR Silver / '04 Gallardo Yellow / '04 NSX Black / '02 Candy Red Prowler + '01 Orange Prowler + '01 Silver Prowler + ’99 Yellow Prowler / '02 35th Anniv. Camaro SS Vert / '70 Camaro 350SS / '70 Black Chevy SWB PU / '69 Garnet Red Camaro SS 350 / '69 Chevelle SS 396 / '69 Impala SS 427 / '68 Chevy Step Side PU L98/700r4 / '67 Hugger Orange Camaro 400 /’66 GTO / '55 Yellow Chevy PU / '34 Ford Sedan / '30 Ford Hiboy Cpe 302
Old 12-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TX Steve T
Ok, I can burn my MP3 discs with Itunes(Windows) and Music Match and Roxio (Creator Classic).
a playlist to disc and it plays, the artist and track name and album all show in the display. The full track names show in the track list. The problem is that the tracks are not played in the order of the playlist, they are played in the order of the track # from the original albums. In other words, all the #1 tracks play then the #2 tracks,etc... Any way to make them play in the order of the Itunes playlist?
results as Itunes for the most part. Only other problem is that the full track name and artist and album show in the main menu but the track names are truncated to 3 to 5 characters in the track list menu.
Tried the options for including the playlist file on the disc put did not make any difference in the track order problem.
Anyone have any ideals on how to make these play in the order of the original playlist?
The wife's SL65 plays the Itunes MP3 discs in the order of the original play list and displays the full track names. So it may just be a problem/limitation of the GM software.
I think there's a way to place an album in a directory, then the directories play in alphabetical order. That may be the direction you want to try and persue. The tracks in the directory folder should play in numerical order then.
I usually use an ID3 tag editor to rename songs to play in alphabetical order.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:11 PM
C5ROADRUNNER
Instructor

Default Tried iTunes and it (sorta) worked...

Originally Posted by PimpDadd
U P D A T E
------
For some reason, burning an MP3 CD in Windows XP or Media Player 10 WILL NOT WORK

Installed ITunes 6 -- Went to properties and Clicked on MP3 CD (Note: Not the Data CD or Audio CD)

Works like a CHARM on my New C6 Z06's NAV!!!!
I had a new NAV system installed today (see the MP3 firmware post) and have been trying different methods to burn MP3 disks. No success until I tried iTunes. Burned a MP3 disk with 180 tunes, yet only 32x of the tracks will report to the NAV screen, all of them work fine on my computer.

Quick Reply: MP3s---How do you make them for the...