C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 compared to Z4??

Old 12-17-2005, 05:35 PM
prodman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C6 compared to Z4??

Latest Corvette Quarterly compares 400HP 6sp manual to 225HP Z4 automatic. Z4 is a nice car, but strange comparison About the only thing you can compare is fit and finish. Now if they had compared it to the AC Schnitzer Z4 V8, that would be a different story. Probably more appropriate to compare to C6 Z06. A Z4 with an M5 V8 stuffed in it and all the trimmings.

I got to see that car at Claus Ettensberger in Los Angeles. Sales guy started the car and it would bring tears to any motorhead out there just idling. Absolutely spectacular sound and car goes like a scalded cat. It is a one-off though and not legal for the street in this country. Schnitzer built as a demonstrator and its now an Autobahn cruiser.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Mayonayze
Le Mans Master

Location: Prepare yourself, for a pride obliterating bich smack. Fairfax, VA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08
SEC > BCS 4 St. Judes '09

yes indeed, all the trimmings and still only a 4.4 0-60. nice, rare, and fast...but not Z06 fast.

and btw, where the F is my copy?!
Old 12-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Mocoso
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by prodman
Latest Corvette Quarterly compares 400HP 6sp manual to 225HP Z4 automatic. Z4 is a nice car, but strange comparison About the only thing you can compare is fit and finish. Now if they had compared it to the AC Schnitzer Z4 V8, that would be a different story. Probably more appropriate to compare to C6 Z06. A Z4 with an M5 V8 stuffed in it and all the trimmings.

I got to see that car at Claus Ettensberger in Los Angeles. Sales guy started the car and it would bring tears to any motorhead out there just idling. Absolutely spectacular sound and car goes like a scalded cat. It is a one-off though and not legal for the street in this country. Schnitzer built as a demonstrator and its now an Autobahn cruiser.
i guess they both are convertibles and two seaters... and what a vette should have been compared to is the Z8 but then again they dont make it anymore - still given price range, convertible, 2 seat, fun to drive, etc I can see how both cars could be in the same list albeit far from each other in that same list...
Old 12-17-2005, 06:25 PM
double eagle
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by prodman
Would like to see and hear for myself, too. I believe there was an article about it in a recent issue of Roundel.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 compared to Z4??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 compared to Z4??