C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snap-On phneumatic Car Lift (anyone?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Bone Daddy
Member: Jr Geezer's Club
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brandegee
Does anyone have any experience with Directlift products? This one has a minimum height of 3 7/8" and seems reasonably priced.

http://www.directlift.com/auto_lifts/pro6mr.html

http://www.directlift.com/auto_lifts...6mr_manual.pdf
This lift looks like it might fit the bill. Price is right and I could pick up from Ft Worth Texas.

Well for what it is worth the company (Direct Lifts) certainly has done a good job on their website Bios. (About Us). The implication was made, but unless I missed it, they never came right out and said it was Made in America. Customer Service (which I hope I would never have to use) sounds accommodating.

Reid
Old 01-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Brandegee
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree.

Although the manual states the Lowered Height specification is 3 7/8"; the illustration indicates that with the swing arms installed the Lowered Height is 5". That could be an issue.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Check 6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked to my friendly Snap-on rep today and found a shop locally that has the lift. Going to look at it in the morning. I have had a "kwik lift " ramp set and was not impressed. Good quality construction BUT not user friendly to drive on, slid around the floor. Ramps themselves are flat so without a spotter the chance of a tire going off is increased. Have looked at various 4 pots lifts but they take up not only horizontal but vertical space. the snap-on movable lift may be the answer so as to get the car off the ground with the tires free of contact for removal and it will hold my Toyota Tundra truck also. I hope i am as postive tommorw night. Happy New Year
Old 01-03-2006, 09:20 AM
56chevy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a great experience with my Kwiklift.

www.kwiklift.com

Well built, safe.
The biggest difference between the Kwiklift and the scissor type lifts, is the OPEN middle, under the car. I have pulled trannys, done exhast, you name it.
Plus, using the jack bridge, I have done brakes and more.

Quick Reply: Snap-On phneumatic Car Lift (anyone?)