C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solved The Oil Change/Ramp Problem.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Curtis A. Franz
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Solved The Oil Change/Ramp Problem.

There was a previous thread where someone built his own ramps out of $60 worth of Home Depot 2 x 12 stock building long ramps. Others have said to just use Race ramps with long approaches also but they are pricy.

No thanks to Rhino I got my 12,000 lb gray Rhino Ramps ($32 @ WalMart) to work. Rhino shows a C5 on their ramps on their web site but would not tell me if they would work for my C6. They don't work for C5's as is either. I built two layers of 2 x 8 stock in front of the ramps and the ramps just slid away from the then raised front end. I then cut a 2 x 4 x 8' in half and used the two pieces to brace the front of the ramps against a concrete walk edge required for fire code reasons (here in Arizona) in my garage. It is a bit of a hassle to line all the pieces up to the tire fronts but it worked like a charm. I only expect to do this once a year. The offending air dam just touched the ramps on the way up.

The oil change using Mobil 1 approaches $30 with 5.5 quarts of oil (from Walmart) and an AC PF46 filter from Auto Zone. They are $69-89 at dealers around here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Solved The Oil Change/Ramp Problem.