C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Song/Artist Display on XM w/Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:37 PM
yellowscream
CF Lazy Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Song/Artist Display on XM w/Nav?

I have '05 Nav (firmware upgraded) with XM, and I'm very happy with that combo overall - but a big disappointment to me has been the song/artist display while listening to XM.

On mine, the song/artist will scroll across the top one time when the song first comes on - from then on I have to press "Info" if on the XM source screen, or if in Nav mode switch from Nav display to Source then press "Info" to see what's playing if I don't happen to catch it on the first pass.

Has anyone figured out how to get the song/artist display to continue to scroll across the top? Even if there were voice commands, it seems like you'd still have to press buttons - I'd rather it continue to scroll. Is there something I'm missing here?

I have a simple little Audiovox XM Xpress in my Jeep and the constant display of the artist and song name is one of it's best features; with all that screen space on the Nav in the Vette, it's a shame they produced such a weak XM display.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Mocoso
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to agree with you... with such a big display you would think they would have made better use of it... 6 BIG BUTTONS and tiny info area on top... havent figured out how to change it... they at least did a decent job on the MP3 menu

Old 02-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Jagcvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another "upgrade" for 07!
Old 02-26-2006, 12:46 AM
PoundF15
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree...my 05 Tahoe has the same size display but it's set up so the station select buttons are smaller and the song and artist are constantly displayed for the XM radio. It's a better set up in my opinion.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:13 AM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PoundF15
I agree...my 05 Tahoe has the same size display but it's set up so the station select buttons are smaller and the song and artist are constantly displayed for the XM radio. It's a better set up in my opinion.
Chevy knew what they were doing. They went with the big buttons on the C6 because they knew that the old geezers who are the typical Corvette buyer wouldn't be able to deal with little buttons. Their failing eyes would have a hard time seeing them, and their palsied hands would have a hard time hitting them.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:54 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocoso
I have to agree with you... with such a big display you would think they would have made better use of it... 6 BIG BUTTONS and tiny info area on top... havent figured out how to change it... they at least did a decent job on the MP3 menu

I have thought this several times - GM can be so stupid sometimes that it's not surprising the problems they are having now.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:41 AM
xs650
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shopdog
Chevy knew what they were doing. They went with the big buttons on the C6 because they knew that the old geezers who are the typical Corvette buyer wouldn't be able to deal with little buttons. Their failing eyes would have a hard time seeing them, and their palsied hands would have a hard time hitting them.
Hey, I resemble that remark!
Old 02-26-2006, 11:59 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler

I have thought this several times - GM can be so stupid sometimes that it's not surprising the problems they are having now.
Yup. And the funny thing is that even with the current set-up, the space is already there to show the info - they've just chosen to not use it for that. Stupid, very stupid.

Get notified of new replies

To Song/Artist Display on XM w/Nav?

Quick Reply: Song/Artist Display on XM w/Nav?