C6 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C6 products, services and promotions.

C6 Tail Light Seals From Southern Car Parts

Old 12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
wsharp24
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The light seals I got from you guys are GREAT! Thanks for offering them.

Now, the best exterior mods I have bought so far in addition to the light seals are the SPLASHGUARDS!

Thanks again.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Originally Posted by wsharp24
The light seals I got from you guys are GREAT! Thanks for offering them.

Now, the best exterior mods I have bought so far in addition to the light seals are the SPLASHGUARDS!

Thanks again.
My Pleasure....thanks for the business!!!

Jim
Old 12-30-2006, 06:25 PM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must have for any Vette ...
Old 01-05-2007, 08:48 PM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

just placed an order,payed with paypal,smooth transaction.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:29 AM
lemans 07
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered a set, decided to throw in a set of splash gaurds too. Trying to keep the vette clean
Old 01-11-2007, 10:38 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by lemans 07
Just ordered a set, decided to throw in a set of splash gaurds too. Trying to keep the vette clean

Thanks for the order....they are on the way!!!!

Thanks,

Jim
Old 01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

niice idea but just blow
Old 01-16-2007, 12:16 PM
lemans 07
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got mine quick! They were easy to install and they work. I had to wash the car to verify it took me maybe 10 minutes to install. Most of that was cleaning the grime out of the holes......

Thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
300mph
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Product looks like a good solution to the drip problem.

For those who don't want to spend the $25, I have a simple solution that I use. After washing the car I just take a couple of paper towels and rip them in half. Twist or roll the ends and then just slip the twisted end in between the bottom of the taillight lens and the body right where the water collects. Push it all the way into the cavity as far as it will go and then just let the free end hang loose. Go ahead and start drying the car normally from the top down. While you are drying the other parts of the car, the paper towel will be magically wicking all of the water out of the cavity and pulling it into the towel. When you get to the back you can just pull out the paper towels and throw them away. No more drips. Also works great on the side mirrors.

Last edited by 300mph; 01-16-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Installed mine today in minutes

Look and work great

Well worth the price
Old 01-28-2007, 02:01 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Finally....

installed the taillight seals I ordered last year...yeah, I know I procrastinated a little...

Installation went fine even though the retaining clip on the first lens decided to pop off as I was putting the lens back in...

In attempting to retrieve it, I took the four screws on the bottom of the lower valance off and gently "banged" on the bottom of the valance and rear fascia to try and get the $#%@ing clip to drop out...no luck. I eventually found it by using a magnetic pickup to poke around inside the fascia. I then used needlenose pliers to squeeze the clip and re-installed it.

I got the lens back in and proceeded to do the rest...I did find that if I put some of the soapy water solution on the lens housing after cleaning and drying it, the remaining lenses re-installed much easier... and you can hardly notice the seals unless you get down close...

Kudos to SCP for a quality product...
Old 01-28-2007, 10:22 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by LJD51
installed the taillight seals I ordered last year...yeah, I know I procrastinated a little...

Installation went fine even though the retaining clip on the first lens decided to pop off as I was putting the lens back in...

In attempting to retrieve it, I took the four screws on the bottom of the lower valance off and gently "banged" on the bottom of the valance and rear fascia to try and get the $#%@ing clip to drop out...no luck. I eventually found it by using a magnetic pickup to poke around inside the fascia. I then used needlenose pliers to squeeze the clip and re-installed it.

I got the lens back in and proceeded to do the rest...I did find that if I put some of the soapy water solution on the lens housing after cleaning and drying it, the remaining lenses re-installed much easier... and you can hardly notice the seals unless you get down close...

Kudos to SCP for a quality product...
Oh man, that clip can be a real pain in the rear if it is not on tight from the factory. Sorry you had such a headache with it.

Glad it worked out in the end and you were able to get it out and the seals installed correctly. You will really like love them the next time you wash your car.

Thanks for posting....

Jim
Old 01-31-2007, 06:04 PM
tn4lee
Intermediate

Installed mine yesterday. Had the same problem as others with the clip(s)...even though I was very careful with them, one fell inside the fascia. Got a couple from local dealer. Really like the seals. Very good idea. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:53 PM
rwebcon
Instructor

Default Be careful of the plastic tab

The plastic tab on the stop light house is easy to break! Go easy on it!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:34 PM
cosquare
Instructor

What is the clip that maybe a problem when removing the tail light lens? Don't the screw(s) that hold the lens tread into a fitting that is part of the rear facia?? How is this clip held in-place??

Just bought an '05 coupe and would like to know of any potential problems even if minor.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:15 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by cosquare
What is the clip that maybe a problem when removing the tail light lens? Don't the screw(s) that hold the lens tread into a fitting that is part of the rear facia?? How is this clip held in-place??

Just bought an '05 coupe and would like to know of any potential problems even if minor.
On the C6 there is a single screw that holds the tail light in place. The screw fastens into a small plastic extension of the fascia which has a small hole drilled through it. There is a metal clip that is threaded that is compressed onto the tab that hangs off the fascia. If GM did not compress the clip well during installation there is a chance the when you pull the screw out the clip will be loose and if bumped will fall inside you bumper. Does not happen often, but does happen. Most of the time the clip is fastened so that it does not come off.

I have never heard of anyone breaking the plastic extension of the rear fascia, but I suppose it is possible is enough pressure is applied. My guess is that the plastic piece was already cracked at the factory and when he removed the screw to put the seals in it snapped, again just a guess.

Hope that clears it up a bit.....It is really not a big deal, but just be careful. It will all make sense when you take out a tail light. Trust me, the clip is something we have all seen many times (interior especially).

Thanks,

Jim
Old 02-11-2007, 09:18 AM
BADC64GO
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

You guys must be back ordered??? Haven't seen mine yet.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Tail Light Seals From Southern Car Parts

Old 02-11-2007, 12:03 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by BADC64GO
You guys must be back ordered??? Haven't seen mine yet.
Not at all.....

send me a PM with your order # or name and I will check where they are at. We are in Atlanta, not sure when you ordered but give it a week for shipping.

Shoot me an email or PM and I will check for you...

Thanks,

Jim Vose
sales@southerncarparts.com
Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Ron K
Advanced

I ordered a set of the seals and a set of the lower door guards and recieved them in two days. Great customer service from Jim, looks like I will order more items from SCP.

Also, thanks to the guys who gave the heads up about the clips, as one of mine was loose.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:10 AM
batmann
Drifting

PM sent

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Tail Light Seals From Southern Car Parts