C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro Tail Lights install - pics and a video

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 01:55 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by mannys
5 years (& 3 C6's later) after my post, someone responds to it.
so did you ever get them to blink right? I've been waiting 5 years to know
Old 09-21-2018, 07:35 PM
foxie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was a US imported to the UK car, with original all red turn/brake lights. It was converted (not by me) in the UK to meet Euro specifications (red brake, amber turn and a red fog light) No fandangled relays or diodes were used, or the BCM or anything else reprogrammed. As above, the feed for the brake lights was taken form the centre brake light, and the turn signals from the original rear wiring (green right, yellow left) with a wire-wound resistor in parallel to stop hyper-flashing / canbus error as only one bulb would be used, whereas it used to be two.

It doesn't matter that the turn signals act as brake lights too, because as a turn signal, it will always override being a brake light, so will always flash if its on.
(the fog light is just a new circuit switched on the dash)

It's a simple wiring exercise, which I have since changed back to being US, all red spec, illegally !!! Easily put back to Euro spec should the need arise (like once a year for it annual test ;-) )

Quick Reply: Euro Tail Lights install - pics and a video