C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Young Corvette Owners Acquiring Wealth

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:19 AM
TXLion
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Young Corvette Owners Acquiring Wealth

It's always been every young guy's dream to own a Corvette at some time or another. Recently more and more younger people are able to afford the C6 which is over most people's (young and old) budget of the same age. If you don't mind sharing with other up and coming enthusiasts what is your profession or profitable hobby that allowed you to acquire such a wonderful car.

For example, a few of my friends (ages 22-27) have invested in real estate and other ventures to eventually buy the C6 and Z06. Some of us just have decent paying jobs out of college.

Senior members please feel free to share some tips as well.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:22 AM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by TXLion
It's always been every young guy's dream to own a Corvette at some time or another. Recently more and more younger people are able to afford the C6 which is over most people's (young and old) budget of the same age. If you don't mind sharing with other up and coming enthusiasts what is your profession or profitable hobby that allowed you to acquire such a wonderful car.

For example, a few of my friends (ages 22-27) have invested in real estate and other ventures to eventually buy the C6 and Z06. Some of us just have decent paying jobs out of college.

You can't choose your father, but you can choose your fathen in law...
Old 06-23-2006, 12:24 AM
danielg69
Racer

Originally Posted by TXLion

I have always tried to make sound financial decisions since I was in high school. I paid my way through college and graduated with $0 (literally) debt. I work hard and saved enough to purchase the car as a reward. I personally don't feel life is about material things so I consider myself very lucky to own (well soon) a C6.

Daniel
Old 06-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Stangar
Racer

I perform cosmetic surgeries in my garage. This is illegal but very profitable. If I had graduated from med school I probably could not have made more money.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:28 AM
coolcamden
Instructor

Be a geek in high school and college, get all A's and go to a top ten school (note- not Ivy League) majoring in math, graduate high in your class, get a job with Google and then you can buy a whole Chevy dealer.

And buy the cheerleader from high school.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:33 AM
drrichie
Burning Brakes

Buy stuff in big bags and sell it in very little ones.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:55 AM
mlongo99
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

<--- 25 Y/O engineer
Old 06-23-2006, 12:55 AM
jrjen2
Racer

I went into the Air Force right out of High School. I busted my **** for six years at the poverty level for Uncle Sam and attended college in the evenings. I got my degree and had a lot of experience in electronics. I then used my MGI Bill cash to get my graduate degree and the FAA hired me out of the military. The FAA pays well for my career. I think the most important thing was that my wife and I were conservative with what little money we had in the military, saved well, and spent money on the things that were important to us. I believe that it is 40% how much money you make and 60% what you do with it. We have friends that make 150K a year and are always broke. Anyway, I am 28 years old, have a wife and a little girl, a mortgage, owe about $10K on our C6, and put about 15% away each month for retirement.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/...7557&anum=8271
Old 06-23-2006, 01:02 AM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

well nothing really, went to an ordinary school got a job with motorola, busted my @$$ for 7-8 months to make an impression, get a promotion, then just relaxed for few years before my boss and hiring manager started his own company and gave me the oppurtunity to own a piece and be one of the first 10 employees, and now we are looking at some good business coming our way from SA, Africa, India, China and US Govt(hopefully), pay is great and life is good, I am only out of college 5 years this august...

26 yrs old, i personally think i should be making more considering what my unskilled compnay folks are making just cuz they have more experience, but my time will come..

still i am greatful

Old 06-23-2006, 01:07 AM
outnumbered
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jrjen2
I went into the Air Force right out of High School. I busted my **** for six years at the poverty level for Uncle Sam and attended college in the evenings. I got my degree and had a lot of experience in electronics. I then used my MGI Bill cash to get my graduate degree and the FAA hired me out of the military. The FAA pays well for my career. I think the most important thing was that my wife and I were conservative with what little money we had in the military, saved well, and spent money on the things that were important to us. I believe that it is 40% how much money you make and 60% what you do with it. We have friends that make 150K a year and are always broke. Anyway, I am 28 years old, have a wife and a little girl, a mortgage, owe about $10K on our C6, and put about 15% away each month for retirement.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/...7557&anum=8271
You hit many nails on the head.Congrats.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:15 AM
jsbeller
Melting Slicks

I bought my former home in a hot Portland, OR market. Made $200K in 21 months. Paid cash for the C6 vert (GMID from Rick Daniel).

Oh yeah, and my wife is a doctor.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:22 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

>>...what is your profession or profitable hobby...<<

I respectfully submit....if it's profitable....it's not a hobby

Grasshopper....we all take different paths to arrive at a common destination.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:26 AM
0SicMSP - Daniel
Former Vendor

Got a sales job (retail) out of high school, moved up then quit and went to work for a better sales job. Now I'm a Store manager at a mid-to high end Home Theater/Car audio store in the Costa Mesa/Newport Beach area in the OC.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:32 AM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

<--------- 24 here, my 5th car, my father owns 8 buisness, in which i am partner in 2 own several quiznos too
Old 06-23-2006, 01:50 AM
drrichie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shaan
<--------- 24 here, my 5th car, my father owns 8 buisness, in which i am partner in 2 own several quiznos too
Ok ladies - form a single line here.

Shaan likes long walks in the rain
Little rubber ducks
Little toy trucks . . . . . .

Last edited by drrichie; 06-23-2006 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:57 AM
reddevl
Pro

<-- 20 here, been working at Chrysler(EDS) and IBM for the last 2.5 years.

I bought my first c6 in aug 2005 then i bought my second one in march 2006.

btw, i recently quit my(workholic-no vacation) job to enjoy all the things i missed in the last 2.5 years.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:09 AM
bocabob
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by shaan
hmmm..congrats on the start up

Get notified of new replies

To Young Corvette Owners Acquiring Wealth

Old 06-23-2006, 03:19 AM
BLK-DVL
Pro

Originally Posted by mlongo99
<--- 25 Y/O engineer
Same here, graduated with no college loan debt (thank god for being a nerd and getting a schlarship).

My wife and I bought a house and filled it up with stuff. The C6 was the logical next step- followed up with the Procharger- followed by the....... I consider myself very lucky and very greatful.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:56 AM
Savage C6
Pro

Old 06-23-2006, 06:03 AM
michaeleverson
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts

I manufacture and sell parts for Shelby Cobra Replicas in my spare time. It pays for all my toys and then some

Quick Reply: Young Corvette Owners Acquiring Wealth