C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's done! C6 Insulation Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Crazy Cowboy
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default It's done! C6 Insulation Kit

OK guys, after MANY requests and emails for a C6 kit.... we finally have it done! Similar to our C4 and C5 kits (which we have sold hundreds of to forum members alone!) the kit covers the floor of the car, under the carpeting, from under the dash all the way to the back wall of the trunk. It covers pretty much everything, and any small areas that aren't pre-cut can easily be covered with the ample extra material that's included with the kit. Comes with instructions on what's involved, what tools and supplies will be needed, disassembly and reinstallation tips, and of course, we're here to help if you have any questions.

The kit takes an avg of about 4-6 hours to install, so we recommend having the day free to do it in case you run a little slower, or are just more of a perfectionist, than others. The material is a double sided covering of metal foil with a neoprene foam in the middle. One can of spray adhesive from your local hardware store (we recommend 3M '90') and one roll of 2" or 3" aluminum duct tape is all that you'll need other than tools. This material will dramatically reduce interior heat, especially your console area and the rear trunk area (where the transmission and the end of the torque tube tunnel end and all the heat blowing through from the engine come out at. Your interior noise levels will also drop! The noise reduction in a C6 is slightly less than the C5, probably due to the fact it has a LITTLE more factory insulation than the C5, but definately enough to help keep your conversations from becoming a shouting match! The C5 kit noise reduction is avg 10-12 db, a noticable difference! Long trips will become a lot more enjoyable with less heat on your legs coming from the console. A/C will work more effectively with less heat to fight. Road noise will be reduced, exhaust reverb (depending on your exhaust) will be less too due to the vibration absorbtion.

We have the kits for the C6 Coupe and C6 Z06 available now, and the C6 convertible will be ready SOON.

The website will be updated probably after the holiday, but I will make an attempt at doing it myself before then *Mr.Website-Designer

The kit is priced the same as the C5 kit at $225 + shipping. ($235 shipped). Compare this price to any other pre-cut kit on the market and you'll see it's less than half the cost!

I have at this time 10 kits in stock, but I also have a list of about 30 customers wanting this when it's available so first come, first served. I will be cutting a lot more of the kits this week.

We take paypal to sales@exoticvette.com, money orders, checks, or credit cards (407)221-8040.

The kit is almost identical to the C5 kit which has been a huge seller with pretty much every customer a satisfied one (and that's hard to do if you've ever sold 1000+ of something!!).

Check out our website for info from the C5 page:
CLICK HERE

....or just do a search on the forum for our C5 insulation kit to see how many forum members have done their car and what they think.

A couple pics for you:

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO CRAZY COWBOY'S YOUTUBE PAGE:
The following users liked this post:
Lew Shaw (10-23-2017)
Old 07-02-2006, 11:19 PM
slomarsh
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is heat a problem on the C6?

Have heard heat intrusion is a problem on the ZO6. How about the standard C6? I was hoping GM solved this problem with the C6.
Any input from C6 owners appreciated.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Having owned both models, the coupe gets just as hot as the Z does IMO.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:41 AM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

The 2007 model 2LZ option adds an "acoustic insulaiton package", not sure if this package will also take care of some of the heat issues described here ?
Old 07-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Chupacabra
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My C6 gets pretty darn hot. Not as bad as the interior of a Viper, but definitely vey warm. I think the temperature of the garage goes up about 20 degrees when I park it.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Purdue
Melting Slicks

It has been hotter than $hit in here in PHX and with the A/C on my car feels like a meat locker! I don't feel any noticeable heat inside the car or am I missing something?
Old 07-03-2006, 03:40 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Cowboy
OK guys, after MANY requests and emails for a C6 kit.... we finally have it done! Similar to our C4 and C5 kits (which we have sold hundreds of to forum members alone!) the kit covers the floor of the car, under the carpeting, from under the dash all the way to the back wall of the trunk. It covers pretty much everything, and any small areas that aren't pre-cut can easily be covered with the ample extra material that's included with the kit. Comes with instructions on what's involved, what tools and supplies will be needed, disassembly and reinstallation tips, and of course, we're here to help if you have any questions.

The kit takes an avg of about 4-6 hours to install, so we recommend having the day free to do it in case you run a little slower, or are just more of a perfectionist, than others. The material is a double sided covering of metal foil with a neoprene foam in the middle. One can of spray adhesive from your local hardware store (we recommend 3M '90') and one roll of 2" or 3" aluminum duct tape is all that you'll need other than tools. This material will dramatically reduce interior heat, especially your console area and the rear trunk area (where the transmission and the end of the torque tube tunnel end and all the heat blowing through from the engine come out at. Your interior noise levels will also drop! The noise reduction in a C6 is slightly less than the C5, probably due to the fact it has a LITTLE more factory insulation than the C5, but definately enough to help keep your conversations from becoming a shouting match! The C5 kit noise reduction is avg 10-12 db, a noticable difference! Long trips will become a lot more enjoyable with less heat on your legs coming from the console. A/C will work more effectively with less heat to fight. Road noise will be reduced, exhaust reverb (depending on your exhaust) will be less too due to the vibration absorbtion.

We have the kits for the C6 Coupe and C6 Z06 available now, and the C6 convertible will be ready SOON.

The website will be updated probably after the holiday, but I will make an attempt at doing it myself before then *Mr.Website-Designer

The kit is priced the same as the C5 kit at $225 + shipping. ($235 shipped). Compare this price to any other pre-cut kit on the market and you'll see it's less than half the cost!

I have at this time 10 kits in stock, but I also have a list of about 30 customers wanting this when it's available so first come, first served. I will be cutting a lot more of the kits this week.

We take paypal to sales@exoticvette.com, money orders, checks, or credit cards (407)221-8040.

The kit is almost identical to the C5 kit which has been a huge seller with pretty much every customer a satisfied one (and that's hard to do if you've ever sold 1000+ of something!!).

Check out our website for info from the C5 page:
CLICK HERE

....or just do a search on the forum for our C5 insulation kit to see how many forum members have done their car and what they think.

A couple pics for you:

The seats what happened to the seats and cargo area this is what would happen unless you have an experienced person do this
Old 07-03-2006, 07:35 AM
Saba Dane
Burning Brakes

If there is anyone in East Texas that wants to install these, i'd be interesting in letting ya! I would love to have it but i'm not sure i have the patience to do the install myself.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:44 AM
SPANKY LS1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much does it weigh?

Shawn
Old 07-03-2006, 09:07 AM
beaversstonehaven
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

The kit looks very nice and @ a great price.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Lebowski
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Purdue94
It has been hotter than $hit in here in PHX and with the A/C on my car feels like a meat locker! I don't feel any noticeable heat inside the car or am I missing something?

I live in FL, it's been hotter than hell here lately, and my A/C has had no problems keeping it cool inside.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by slomarsh
Have heard heat intrusion is a problem on the ZO6. How about the standard C6? I was hoping GM solved this problem with the C6.
Any input from C6 owners appreciated.
I don't find the interior of the C6 as being overly hot....of course I live in Tucson, Arizona

Although it may not be a necessity, I think the additional insulation would be beneficial.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Legaeveth
Advanced

I live in West Texas and my AC has no problem at all keeping me cool on hot summer days. Regardless though I might just buy the kit any extra help on the noise level is a good thing.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:26 PM
c64lucky
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Purdue94
I have a Black C6 Coupe and live in Palm Springs. The A/C seems to do a good job of cooling the Car quickly. I do notice excessive heat coming from the Console though.

How much of a difference will this product make overall? Will it eliminate heat from Console?

C64Lucky
Old 07-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Originally Posted by LS WON
The seats what happened to the seats and cargo area this is what would happen unless you have an experienced person do this
I have absolutely NO idea what this statement means?!?!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Crazy Cowboy

Cruise-In V Veteran

Yes, as stated in the first post, it will dramatically reduce console heat and also reduce interior road noise too. If you've taken your car on a road trip (I have driven both my C6 coupe with every available option, and my 06 Z06 up to Bowling Green) you WILL notice the heat coming from the console and down by your leg. The car's are definately not hot like a C4 but there is room for improvement by far.

The full kit weighs under 6 lbs. Not currently offering half kits, only full kits for the C6 at this time.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Abomination
Burning Brakes

I think you guys are focusing to much on the minor points and not enough on the major. I have this on my car (did it myself, didnt realize he was making a kit) and the interior noise is all but gone. I havent seen any interior heat difference, but again this is vegas so I doubt Id see it anyway. The car is much quieter then when I first purchased it. I went this route because I had installed long tube headers, cats and cat back.

Get notified of new replies

To It's done! C6 Insulation Kit

Old 07-03-2006, 01:10 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks pretty cool. I wonder what it would do for the resonance / drone of the Borlas? It is funny that everyone is working so hard to maker their cars louder, yet you're mentioning this quiets them down!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:11 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Abomination
I think you guys are focusing to much on the minor points and not enough on the major. I have this on my car (did it myself, didnt realize he was making a kit) and the interior noise is all but gone. I havent seen any interior heat difference, but again this is vegas so I doubt Id see it anyway. The car is much quieter then when I first purchased it. I went this route because I had installed long tube headers, cats and cat back.
Good point - I have the Borlas, and I'd like to put on headers, but I'm concerned that it would be too loud. I wonder if this would even it out some.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Pozzo
Pro

There is definetly heat coming up through the console. I don't see the need for insulation under the seats as the heat does not come from this area.
If heat from the console is your concern, and not sound deadening, then Elite engineering's ceramic coated tunnel plate may be a better solution.
http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/C6tunnel-plates.html

Quick Reply: It's done! C6 Insulation Kit