C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Radio Subscription

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 02:41 PM
jasbrogna
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default XM Radio Subscription

Hey Guys,
My 3 month trail run out today. I called XM got them to add the Corvette to my account for only $4.95 a month!! I used the "Zwinback" code. Got it from the first person I talked to. This is the second XM on my account.

Jim
Old 07-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Audioi
Instructor

Damn and I felt good about adding mine at $6.95

I am calling them back
Old 07-27-2006, 07:32 PM
BaBa Boey
Instructor

Sorry if this offends you but that is a complete waste of $. XM suks when compared to Sirius. Even at full price Sirius is a better value. Some may say they're basicly the same. Not true. I've had both. It's like comparing a Crossfire to a Corvette. No contest as to which is the better bang for your buck.

PLUS you get Howard Stern!!
Old 07-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by BaBa Boey
That's why I'm staying with XM.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Audioi
Instructor

I must admidt I'm not a HS fan either. I am more of a Music guy but that's what I do for a living.
I will say that XM seems to be geared more toward the older gen (over50) and Sirius is more toward the youthful croud.
I am just glad there is more than 1 guy on the block.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:42 PM
CessnaDriver
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasbrogna
Hey Guys,
My 3 month trail run out today. I called XM got them to add the Corvette to my account for only $4.95 a month!! I used the "Zwinback" code. Got it from the first person I talked to. This is the second XM on my account.

Jim

How did you ask exactly for the zwinback discount?
Right up front? and no hassles about it?
Old 07-27-2006, 08:39 PM
BaBa Boey
Instructor

Originally Posted by JimTN

O.K. If you like watered down boring radio, than I guess you're making the right choice.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:34 PM
eagles6998
Melting Slicks

I have had both xm and sirius. Sirius is by far, the better satellite radio company!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:38 PM
PillRoller
Racer

Hey Guys,

Jim
Can you enlighten me on the Zwinback code? Mine ran out too. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 PM
nuvetteowner
Pro

Sorry if this offends you but that is a complete waste of $. XM suks when compared to Sirius. Even at full price Sirius is a better value. Some may say they're basicly the same. Not true. I've had both. It's like comparing a Crossfire to a Corvette. No contest as to which is the better bang for your buck.

HUH A WHO DISSSSS? UNGALY!!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:53 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I just switched to Sirius in my truck and I think the content is better but the sound quality sucks...
Old 07-27-2006, 10:16 PM
topelf
Racer

XM Radio! The good, the bad, the ugly! I'm just happy that I'll never have to listen to another farm report when I go to visit my folks down south. My C5 had the 12 disc CD player but my C6 with 3LT really gives you musical flexibility. Whenever I start to complain about XM radio or sound quality I try and think of my long gone 78 Malibu Classic with the AM/FM Cassette. "We've come a long way baby!!"
Old 07-27-2006, 10:26 PM
mjdart
Burning Brakes

Received 286 Likes on 161 Posts

I'd like to know more about the code too. I like XM, I'm over 50 and $4.95 to $6.95 would turn me into a subscriber.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:32 PM
greengo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called them two weeks ago and they wouldnt honor zwinback and were rude as hell....I cancelled...then I got a bill two days ago for $4 for 16 days use of XM....Do I need to say where they can stick that bill??
Old 07-27-2006, 10:33 PM
bubbas929
Instructor

Hey Guys,

Jim

if you would have held out for another period of time they would have offered it to you for $12 for the YEAR. still not worth it in my opinion
Old 07-27-2006, 10:34 PM
PillRoller
Racer

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
I just switched to Sirius in my truck and I think the content is better but the sound quality sucks...
I'm not understanding this! At home, when I switch from antenna reception for my TV and go to DishNetwork satellite reception, the sound quality improvment is very noticeable.
Why does the sound quality of satellite radio go down?
If I switch from XM to local radio or to CD, the difference is profoundly better. When are they going to fix this problem with signal over compression to make it sound better? Or can it be fixed at all?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:37 PM
BaBa Boey
Instructor

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
If you're talking about losing signal then I would try moving the antenna. If that isn't the problem than it might be your radio. Different radios vary (to say the least) in quality. If you're using a FM transmitter (Sirius broadcast to your radio from a seperate unit over FM) I would try a signal booster or FM Module Relay (hard wire into radio). Satellite, both Sirius and XM, is an all digital signal and I have found the sound quality is exactly the same in Michigan as it is in Florida.

Get notified of new replies

To XM Radio Subscription

Old 07-28-2006, 08:38 AM
heisnuts
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 457 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by PillRoller
Can you enlighten me on the Zwinback code? Mine ran out too. Thanks!
ZWINBACK has been an ongoing promotion at XM where you are charged $77 for one year of service. You need to call XM at (800) 892-5400 and tell them your service has expired and you got a flyer in the mail offering a renewal for $77 for the year and that you would like to sign up for that offer. They will ask for your XM Radio ID number (which can be found if you turn your XM radio to station 0). If they ask what flyer you are talking about or for a promo code tell them it said ZWINBACK as the promo code.

Here is a few more pointers.
1) This seems to only apply to subscriptions that have expired or about to expire. When I tried to renew for another 12 months I was not able to because my current one year subscription does not run out for another 2 months.

2) Some opperators at XM will not be able to find the promo code on their computer and others will give it to you with no problem. if you get an operator who does not know about the code, my advice is to tell them you are only willing to renew if they will give you the $77 rate. If they don't, I would call back and speak to another opperator. It may take two or three tries before you get the right person.

3) I would stick with the script above. I would not say I learned about this on an internet board and start arguing back and forth with the opperator.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:48 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JimTN
If HS was on XM I too would be switching to Sirius, since he's not I'm safe.

Tom
Old 07-29-2006, 09:48 AM
greengo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heisnuts
ZWINBACK has been an ongoing promotion at XM where you are charged $77 for one year of service. You need to call XM at (800) 892-5400 and tell them your service has expired and you got a flyer in the mail offering a renewal for $77 for the year and that you would like to sign up for that offer. They will ask for your XM Radio ID number (which can be found if you turn your XM radio to station 0). If they ask what flyer you are talking about or for a promo code tell them it said ZWINBACK as the promo code.

Here is a few more pointers.
1) This seems to only apply to subscriptions that have expired or about to expire. When I tried to renew for another 12 months I was not able to because my current one year subscription does not run out for another 2 months.

2) Some opperators at XM will not be able to find the promo code on their computer and others will give it to you with no problem. if you get an operator who does not know about the code, my advice is to tell them you are only willing to renew if they will give you the $77 rate. If they don't, I would call back and speak to another opperator. It may take two or three tries before you get the right person.

3) I would stick with the script above. I would not say I learned about this on an internet board and start arguing back and forth with the opperator.

Been there, done that...they would not honor Zwinback...so Adious XM
Dont miss it at all to be honest with ya!

Quick Reply: XM Radio Subscription