C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vararam In, Thanks CoW

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

Default Vararam In, Thanks CoW

I had the Vararam installed yesterday. I decided to let Chuck from Corvettes of Westchester install it, since it would benefit from a re-tune. He did an excellent job.

The tech that did the install, Mike, is amazing. He treats your car like it's a prized posssesion, very meticulous and never rushing to be sure the fit and alignment is perfect (Its a great relief watching someone work on your car as carefully and respectfully as you would yourself).

After the retune and the road trip home, all I can say is WOW!!

I cant compare to other CAIs, as this is my first, but between the mod and the tune, I cant believe the unleased power and performance increase. Now my friends and family ask why I hav this big stupid grin on my face, I tell them its the effect of "G Forces" (or maybe CoW Forces)

Thanks Chuck!

Now that I have some extra room up front, it's time for a new Pipedreams creation to find a home.....

Old 09-28-2006, 02:08 PM
mykal
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time I read something like this, I wish more and more that we had a shop like this here in Austin. Good to hear! Hope you enjoy it!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:00 PM
AndyF-Dallas
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Is it my imagination or is the front hose clamp missing? It's going to shake loose and come apart eventually I would bet.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:57 PM
theVcar
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Craigster05
I had the Vararam installed yesterday. I decided to let Chuck from Corvettes of Westchester install it, since it would benefit from a re-tune. He did an excellent job.

The tech that did the install, Mike, is amazing. He treats your car like it's a prized posssesion, very meticulous and never rushing to be sure the fit and alignment is perfect (Its a great relief watching someone work on your car as carefully and respectfully as you would yourself).

After the retune and the road trip home, all I can say is WOW!!

I cant compare to other CAIs, as this is my first, but between the mod and the tune, I cant believe the unleased power and performance increase. Now my friends and family ask why I hav this big stupid grin on my face, I tell them its the effect of "G Forces" (or maybe CoW Forces)

Thanks Chuck!

Now that I have some extra room up front, it's time for a new Pipedreams creation to find a home.....

Craigster Did you pay for the re-tune? I was told by two vette mechanics that the 02sensors would make the adjustments. B/C the cai is not that big of a change. Anyone agree with this?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:10 PM
shortski
Drifting

Originally Posted by theVcar
I was told by two vette mechanics that the 02sensors would make the adjustments. B/C the cai is not that big of a change. Anyone agree with this?
I changed out the factory exhaust for a GLH System and the CAI for a Halltech today, the car is not throwing any codes but it seems it's trying to adjust for the upgrades. It hesitates just a bit from a dead stop under light acceleration don't notice anything under hard acceleration but I'm paying attention to all the new sounds so I could be missing things. Will be headed down to see Chuck at Corvettes of Westchester around October 12 or 13th for a tune.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:14 PM
hazchris
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default chuck only charges for the tune once!

Originally Posted by theVcar
Craigster Did you pay for the re-tune? I was told by two vette mechanics that the 02sensors would make the adjustments. B/C the cai is not that big of a change. Anyone agree with this?
re tunes are included and chuck is a stand up guy ! see his webpage, or call him !
Old 09-28-2006, 10:45 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default nope...it is not your imagination....

Originally Posted by AndyF-Dallas
Is it my imagination or is the front hose clamp missing? It's going to shake loose and come apart eventually I would bet.

Nope! It is not your imagination....The clamp is not there.....It is not needed as VARARAM! has come out with a second design upper housing which is made much thicker and has a lip all the way around....

Just as nearly impossible as it is to get that red urethane coupler ON...It is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE for it to fall off....It is extremely tight.....and will not ever come off....

The clamps look funny and you can't put the screw facing down to hide it cause it makes the unit stick up too far......It is totally unnecessary and looks better this way anyway.

Chuck CoW
Old 09-29-2006, 12:10 AM
doctunder
Racer

Originally Posted by mykal
Every time I read something like this, I wish more and more that we had a shop like this here in Austin. Good to hear! Hope you enjoy it!

I had Chuck arranged to come to south Texas (San Antonio) this past spring with the caveat being that I had to find 10 people who would go in on a "Group Purchase" to have Chuck come down and tune all of our cars for $350 each. I was able to find 9 people. I'm willing to make arrangements again. Now, maybe this time I can get 10 people seeing as there are simply a higher number of Vettes out there 6 months later.......any takers to start this?
Old 09-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

Originally Posted by hazchris
re tunes are included and chuck is a stand up guy ! see his webpage, or call him !
Chris is correct. After you pay for the initial tune, re-tunes are free. Chuck is the only guy I know that does this. Of course, I bought him and Mike lunch. It was the least I could do!
I have always believed in taking care of the people that take care of you.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:21 AM
shurite44
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I might take off my front clamp. It leaves a mark also on the hood liner if you guys have not noticed it yet. I wonder if that is why you all decided to take it off.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Guitarstar
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very C L Craig.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:04 PM
0GANGSTERMIKE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Craigster05
Chris is correct. After you pay for the initial tune, re-tunes are free. Chuck is the only guy I know that does this. Of course, I bought him and Mike lunch. It was the least I could do!
I have always believed in taking care of the people that take care of you.
I'm glad to see you like your new Vararam and the killer Chuck tune!!!
Chuck did the tune on my car first (which by itself was simply amazing) and then later we did the Borla Stingers and the Vararam, after which Chuck did a another re-tune (free of course!!) to unleash more power now that the car was breathing and exhaling much, much better!!!! Have fun with your ride.

Get notified of new replies

To Vararam In, Thanks CoW

Quick Reply: Vararam In, Thanks CoW