C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Painted Rear Valance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 02:11 PM
SG333
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pics of Painted Rear Valance?

Anyone have pics of a stock painted rear valance?

thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 02:27 PM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Sorry I don't have any...but I've seen some. It makes the butt look bigger. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the reason the designers went with the black rear valance.

See post #14 of this thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ainted+valance

Last edited by C-INRED; 10-10-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Violet
Le Mans Master

I am in NO WAY "making fun" of the original poster in this thread.... I am a firm believer in "it's your car do with it what you want and be proud of it"! But this topic, when it pops up, always makes me grin.

When we had a C5, and the butt was all one color.. everyone was "modding" to paint the lower valance flat black. Now we've got a C6 and the lower valance IS a contrasting color... and now more and more people want to paint it to match.

I guess there really IS a lot of truth to that saying..."You can't please all of the people, all of the time."

Old 10-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Braced
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Violet
I am in NO WAY "making fun" of the original poster in this thread.... I am a firm believer in "it's your car do with it what you want and be proud of it"! But this topic, when it pops up, always makes me grin.

When we had a C5, and the butt was all one color.. everyone was "modding" to paint the lower valance flat black. Now we've got a C6 and the lower valance IS a contrasting color... and now more and more people want to paint it to match.

I guess there really IS a lot of truth to that saying..."You can't please all of the people, all of the time."

I noticed this too. I bet if the regular C6 came with the Z06 style wheels and the Z06 had ours, people would be swapping for those wheels as well! The grass is always greener. But that's the fun of personalizing our cars. To each his own.

Get notified of new replies

To Pics of Painted Rear Valance?

Quick Reply: Pics of Painted Rear Valance?