C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 - Tremec TR-6060 Manual transmission

Old 10-26-2006, 02:24 PM
peccles
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobraeater
The LS3 is supposed to have VVT for emissions and AFM/DOD for gas mileage just like the new Camaro. I still think the 2V L92 heads will be used instead of those 3V heads which could show up on the C7 in 2012. The L92 heads are pretty cheap and are being used in the GM trucks such as the VortechMax 6.0L (L76) and in the Denali line and the Escalades, so GM is already making alot of these new rectangular port heads (L92) based off the LS7 heads. Also GM has a L76/L92 car intake that is supposed to be released from GM Performance Parts any time now, already available in Australia, for the L92 heads which means GM plans to put the heads into cars in the future.

So why would GM introduce a more expensive, more parts to break, and unproven 3V head in a mid-cycle Corvette?

I think Direct Injection won't be available either until the C7.

The ZO6 will still be around with a LS7 with (maybe) a slight bump in hp for '08.
I think you are right. The only new tech on the LS3 we are likely to see is VVT. Of course maybe there is an LS8 project we haven't heard about that adds 3V, DI, and VVT to an LS7 so then the Z06 would still maintain clear performance improvement over a 3V, DI, VTT LS3. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 - Tremec TR-6060 Manual transmission