C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RaceMesh Grilles

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 08:28 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Top Flight Reproductions
The 4 chamber is installed on the front of the existing grill, there is no need pull anything apart
Unless they have changed how they make the 4 chamber grill this is not correct.

I have the Race Mesh (Z06) 4 chamber grill and it is a replacement for the OEM grill so to install it correctly you DO need to take off the bumper.

The one piece grill slips in from the front (and in front of the OEM grill) and is attached by zip ties or something similar.

Last edited by ncvette_1FUNRIDE; 03-21-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds
I have a dilemma on my hands, I have a new 2013 Cyber Gray GS and need advice on the mesh. Should I go with Electro plated stainless, black chrome or Tuxedo? I am leaning toward the electric stainless but don't want the car to look tacky. Also thinking of the four chamber version.

Thoughts? Thanks
Here is my Cyber Grey with the 4 chamber Electro Polished grill.

(You do have to take the bumper off to install the 4 chamber grill though.)

Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Unless they have changed how they make the 4 chamber grill this is not correct.

I have the Race Mesh (Z06) 4 chamber grill and it is a replacement for the OEM grill so to install it correctly you DO need to take off the bumper.

The one piece grill slips in from the front (and in front of the OEM grill) and is attached by zip ties or something similar.

Thank you for clearing that up
Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Chuck Mahnke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 244 Likes on 94 Posts

Peter, I placed my order on Apr. 23 for Item #RMPGC6Z06L-EPSS, Lower intake grill - polished stainless steel finish, but I haven't received any confirmation of my order. I'm just checking to make sure that you did receive the order. Payment was sent at the same time using PayPal. Also, do you have an estimated date of delivery. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chuck Mahnke
Peter, I placed my order on Apr. 23 for Item #RMPGC6Z06L-EPSS, Lower intake grill - polished stainless steel finish, but I haven't received any confirmation of my order. I'm just checking to make sure that you did receive the order. Payment was sent at the same time using PayPal. Also, do you have an estimated date of delivery. Thanks.
Hi Chuck, yes your order has been received and processed, thank you. Racemesh is running around 4 weeks, wont be long
Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 AM
bullettrain
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car! I installed the full 8 piece racemesh on my Z06 with the replacement four chamber grille, just wanted to mention that I was able to install the grille without removing the bumper, it took some time to figure out how to do it, but then went very smoothly.

Last edited by bullettrain; 05-01-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:57 AM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bullettrain
Beautiful car! I installed the full 8 piece racemesh on my Z06 with the replacement four chamber grille, just wanted to mention that I was able to install the grille without removing the bumper, it took some time to figure out how to do it, but then went very smoothly.
I guess it might be possible if you have it up on a lift. Didn't you have to take out the air duct that attaches to the bumper (behind the grille) to be able to get to the screws that hold the grill in place, not to mention all of the retainers that have to come out.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:22 PM
bullettrain
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it might be possible if you have it up on a lift. Didn't you have to take out the air duct that attaches to the bumper (behind the grille) to be able to get to the screws that hold the grill in place, not to mention all of the retainers that have to come out.
I lifted the front of the car with my floor jack (& cross beam adaptor), then removed the lower driving lights to gain better access to fasteners & then removed fasteners on the lower air dam so I could get my hands in front of the radiator. I'm not saying it was easy, but after I was able to get my hands where I needed them, I was able to remove all of the hardware holding the grille. I then put the new one in place, and it attached fairly quickly in reverse order.
Now knowing which fasteners need to be removed, I'm guessing I could now do it in an hour or so.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bullettrain
I lifted the front of the car with my floor jack (& cross beam adaptor), then removed the lower driving lights to gain better access to fasteners & then removed fasteners on the lower air dam so I could get my hands in front of the radiator. I'm not saying it was easy, but after I was able to get my hands where I needed them, I was able to remove all of the hardware holding the grille. I then put the new one in place, and it attached fairly quickly in reverse order.
Now knowing which fasteners need to be removed, I'm guessing I could now do it in an hour or so.
Thank you for the explanation bullettrain
Old 07-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Simply the Best of the Best!

RaceMesh Grilles are now available at Top Flight Reproductions. This is a high quality product that adds a finished look to the C6 front grille and side fender ducts. Check us out at www.topflightrepro.com

** Please note , RaceMesh Grilles are made to order. Delivery is 3-4 weeks **

Due to demand, Racemesh is running a little behind, Please be patient. The orders will ship as soon as they are ready.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:18 PM
standup triple
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Front air flow

I was hoping to replace my fog lite area on my c5 with a plastic mesh piece that allows air to flow through the front two fog lite portions of the front of the car and found the replacements but how to install them ???? anyone want to tell me the best way? or do i need to take the number off to install?

Quick Reply: RaceMesh Grilles