C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

moving tire presure senors to new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:23 PM
4Racerx
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Default moving tire presure senors to new wheels

I'm looking at buying a set of Z06 style wheels. Is it hard to move the tire presure senor to the new wheels? If someone knows if there is a link on this topic, even better! So many mods, so little cash!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:31 PM
PO10TIAL
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldnt be hard at all, just keep the sensors in the same position with the new wheels ie: right front stays with right front etc.......when I did mine, the DIC flashed stating that I had four flats but that reset itself in minutes.
An experenced tire shop will handle it easily........... good luck
Old 03-22-2007, 10:32 PM
jjohn918
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's no big deal to have the sensors moved, but there are a couple of things you need to look out for.

1) sometimes the sensors will have a tendency to leak after being moved to a new wheel. Watch for this.

2) make sure that the sensors are moved to the correct new rim. For example the sensor is coming from the right rear tire, make sure that it goes into the new right rear rim. The car computer doesn't know if the sensors have been moved, so it is possible that what it says is your front tire pressure could actually be your rear tire pressure if the sensors are switched.

3) make sure that the person removing your tires is experienced in working with run-flat tires. The side walls are very hard and it's easy to break the sensors if the tech isn't careful.

Good Luck!!

Josh
Old 03-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Rons65
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Follow the above and you are good to go!

Get notified of new replies

To moving tire presure senors to new wheels

Quick Reply: moving tire presure senors to new wheels