C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Air Charger...how do you get the grille back in?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Installed Air Charger...how do you get the grille back in?

Installed an Air Charger in my buddy's Z06 today. It was frankly a major PITA. The template was useless, no holes were marked for the rear bolts, and once we guesstimated where the rear holes should be, no way we could get our hands in there to tighten the rear bolts. My Vararam in my C6 install was a piece of cake - this was way too difficult and instructions were just lousy.

What's worse, we removed the grille for the install (have to do that to get to the bolts). That was easy, 10 push pins. But I could not figure out how to get the push pins back in the grille. You can reach your fingers in there but when you push down on the push pins the plastic just gives, so you can't get the pins pushed back in.

We took to to our buddy who runs a body shop and he said the front nose would have to come off and the grille would be replaced from the back.

There's gotta be an easier way... help please!
Old 04-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Figured it out myself. There are three screws holding a small rubber panel in before the radiator on the bottom. If you remove those you push the rubber panel up get your arm behind the grille and hold the bumper cover above and below the grille and steady the bumper cover to get the push puns placed. Not a comfortable position but it can be done without removing the bumper cover.

Hope this helps somebody.

Quick Reply: Installed Air Charger...how do you get the grille back in?