C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

npp exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 12:15 PM
ClovisFox
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's With All This Bashing?

I can't believe all of the bashing going on with each and every new option GM has offered on their C6 Corvettes. The new colors are being bashed, the new wheels are being bashed, 4LT has been bashed, and now here we go with the new dual mode exhausts. These are options, you don't have to buy them if you don't like them! But why bash them? I commend GM for their efforts to continuously improve their flagship Corvette. That doesn't mean that every improvement will appeal to everyone's personal taste. If you don't like it, don't order it. I would venture to say that most owners appreciate and approve of GM's committment to the Corvette.

I am really getting tired of the continued bashing and personal attacks going on within this Forum. It takes away from the quality and enjoyment I have been receiving from the CF over these past years. When I owned my C5 I never saw these kinds of reactions in the C5 section. What's with this C6 section?

Rant is over! Now I will enjoy the fact that my new JSBlue C6 Z51 3LT NAV NPP will come off the assembly line Monday, VIN 1640, with a museum delivery of Aug 8th.

Gene...
Old 07-20-2007, 02:03 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by ohmy
ok, I stand corrected, that does make sense... Well, although you did make that statement, I lost track of that fact, and simply used the "Grand Slam" reference as a natural counter-reply to the other user who commented on my "foul ball" statement. It honestly wasn't directed at you, I just wanted to keep the baseball "theme". Here is a retraction: change the "Grand Slam" reference in my previous post to "Home Run" (that way the baseball imagery is still there but does not make it seem like its directed at you)...

Thanks. Now, where were we.....
Old 07-20-2007, 02:05 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ClovisFox
I can't believe all of the bashing going on with each and every new option GM has offered on their C6 Corvettes. The new colors are being bashed, the new wheels are being bashed, 4LT has been bashed, and now here we go with the new dual mode exhausts. These are options, you don't have to buy them if you don't like them! But why bash them? I commend GM for their efforts to continuously improve their flagship Corvette. That doesn't mean that every improvement will appeal to everyone's personal taste. If you don't like it, don't order it. I would venture to say that most owners appreciate and approve of GM's committment to the Corvette.

I am really getting tired of the continued bashing and personal attacks going on within this Forum. It takes away from the quality and enjoyment I have been receiving from the CF over these past years. When I owned my C5 I never saw these kinds of reactions in the C5 section. What's with this C6 section?

Rant is over! Now I will enjoy the fact that my new JSBlue C6 Z51 3LT NAV NPP will come off the assembly line Monday, VIN 1640, with a museum delivery of Aug 8th.

Gene...

I can't believe you ordered Nav on your car. I have three nav systems, and the Corvette is by far the worst...

Sorry - I couldn't resist. I really DO think the Nav is the worst, but I got it again on my new car - so I'm just having a little fun
Old 07-20-2007, 02:29 PM
ClovisFox
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
I can't believe you ordered Nav on your car. I have three nav systems, and the Corvette is by far the worst...

Sorry - I couldn't resist. I really DO think the Nav is the worst, but I got it again on my new car - so I'm just having a little fun

Jim, this will be my first NAV system. So I will learn from it. I went with the factory NAV because I was tired of all the wires floating around the cockpit in my C5...SIRIUS, Radar, and my CB for our club runs. Thought I would get rid of all this stuff in my C6.

Thanks for the laugh...Gene
Old 07-20-2007, 02:48 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ClovisFox

Jim, this will be my first NAV system. So I will learn from it. I went with the factory NAV because I was tired of all the wires floating around the cockpit in my C5...SIRIUS, Radar, and my CB for our club runs. Thought I would get rid of all this stuff in my C6.

Thanks for the laugh...Gene

Here's my story....The car is a "toy" for me. Nav is a toy. A bad toy is better than no toy. And you know what they say about he who dies with the most toys wins!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:51 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

I am just as puzzled at people refering to it as "Grand Slam". This option is for people who are either in love with the word "stock", or don't realize just how easy a Borla goes on, or never heard Borlas.
Why is is that all the Camaro, GTO, Mustang people (o.k. just read Jim's post - you're not even one of those ) think that all Corvette owners wear tweed c0ksuker caps and a neck scarf when they drive their Corvettes and don't know how to turn a wrench? You keep repeating yourself about stock. You love Borlas so much. I don't like resonance in an exhaust system.

I installed my own B&B PRT's on my C5. I installed my own Corsas on my C5. I have turned just about every bolt on my '79 Camaro including rebuilding the engine, installing edelbrock heads, comp cams 262 cam, calibrated the carb, installed a complete Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust system, hooker headers, rebuilt the front end steering linkage, replaced subframe bushings, upper and lower control control arm bushings and ball joints, installed elec fan w/ adj thermostatic switch & A/C relay, new radiator, tranny cooler, coil springs, leaf springs, shocks, bought a 700R4 (that's a transmission )out of a wrecked 92 Camaro, rebuilt it, retrofitted it into the 79, installed a lockup torque convertor w/ lockup switch, replaced the entire idiot light instrument cluster w/ one out of a 79 Z28, replaced 2.41 one legger rear end w/ a 3.42 posi out of an '80 Z28, rebuilt the posi clutch pack. That's covers about half of the mechanical work. I also restored the entire interior and replaced all the exterior trim.

But we all know you are mechanically superior because you can install a catback exhaust system on a late model car (that belongs to someone else ) To guys like you, an intake is a glorified air filter. To guys like me, an intake sits between the cylinder heads

I don't recall many people being "upset" about it, what I see is that many people are enchanted by this gimmick .
Your use of the words "enchanted" and "gimmick" give you away.

Last edited by need-for-speed; 07-20-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:56 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jschindler

Here's my story....The car is a "toy" for me. Nav is a toy. A bad toy is better than no toy. And you know what they say about he who dies with the most toys wins!

I agree, I didn't get the nav and now wish I had it but I did get a 6 cd changer, it was either or
Old 07-20-2007, 09:52 PM
ohmy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by need-for-speed
I installed my own B&B PRT's on my C5. I installed my own Corsas on my C5. I have turned just about every bolt on my '79 Camaro including rebuilding the engine, installing edelbrock heads, comp cams 262 cam, calibrated the carb, installed a complete Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust system, hooker headers, rebuilt the front end steering linkage, replaced subframe bushings, upper and lower control control arm bushings and ball joints, installed elec fan w/ adj thermostatic switch & A/C relay, new radiator, tranny cooler, coil springs, leaf springs, shocks, bought a 700R4 (that's a transmission )out of a wrecked 92 Camaro, rebuilt it, retrofitted it into the 79, installed a lockup torque convertor w/ lockup switch, replaced the entire idiot light instrument cluster w/ one out of a 79 Z28, replaced 2.41 one legger rear end w/ a 3.42 posi out of an '80 Z28, rebuilt the posi clutch pack. That's covers about half of the mechanical work. I also restored the entire interior and replaced all the exterior trim.

But we all know you are mechanically superior because you can install a catback exhaust system on a late model car (that belongs to someone else ) To guys like you, an intake is a glorified air filter. To guys like me, an intake sits between the cylinder heads
Did I ever say I was mechanically superior? Right - thats your own conclusion based on your current emotional state of mind. My advice to you is to calm down, relax, and reread my posts.

But what I find entertaining is that you assume that just because you played around with a few cars, this makes you now superior to me because you also assumed that I have not done the same or more. And then there was that very clever attempt at sarcasm with the intake comment, which was again based on absolutely nothing but your imagination. Needless to say, all your assumtions and conclusions were 100% wrong. And, as interesting as you car resume was, it really doesnt prove or disprove anything...

Your use of the words "enchanted" and "gimmick" give you away.
what exactly does that give away about me? sorry man, you are streching here even further than before - just bc a person uses those words does not mean they are upset. Sarcastic perhaps, but not upset, so ummm, you are 100% wrong again...

Last edited by ohmy; 07-20-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:22 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by BLU-BY-U
oh really? I've got a catback coming in anyday now, sure would like to save the install buck, 'ol buddy....mod party at schindlers house

Hey man - you com'in down to H-town ?
Old 07-21-2007, 05:06 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey man - you com'in down to H-town ?
oh I was kidding about dragging a catback all the way to Jim's, but I'd love to meet up sometime when I do go down next. I probably make it down there 5 times a year. Maybe have a mini h-town get together at one of the mexican food spots
Old 07-21-2007, 05:59 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by BLU-BY-U
oh I was kidding about dragging a catback all the way to Jim's, but I'd love to meet up sometime when I do go down next. I probably make it down there 5 times a year. Maybe have a mini h-town get together at one of the mexican food spots

That sounds great. Do you ever run at HRP ? If so, a get together this fall might be just the ticket.

Quick Reply: npp exhaust