C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster muffler compatible with NPP exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 02:18 AM
Mikesan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flowmaster muffler compatible with NPP exhaust?

Just wondering if one could swap out just the mufflers in the NPP exhaust system. How would it sound? Typical low Flowmaster rumble at idle and really loud above 3500 rpm is what I'd expect. Or are the mufflers integrated into the whole shebang?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:26 AM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikesan
Just wondering if one could swap out just the mufflers in the NPP exhaust system. How would it sound? Typical low Flowmaster rumble at idle and really loud above 3500 rpm is what I'd expect. Or are the mufflers integrated into the whole shebang?
The movable flaps of the NPP are internal parts of the mufflers. If you swapped out the mufflers, you'd lose the NPP feature you paid $1200 bucks for.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Mikesan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shopdog, thanks for that answer. Sort of what I thought might be the case. Wasn't sure if the flaps in the tips were the only things to open and close. I think I'll be ordering the NPP and just leaving it as is. Again, appreciate the response.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Just put in a manual or Mild2wild wireless switch. You can run the flaps open anytime (and all the time) if you choose, yet still close them when you want some piece and quiet. best of both worlds..

M2W is a 2 minute install..
Old 08-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,046 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikesan
Just wondering if one could swap out just the mufflers in the NPP exhaust system. How would it sound? Typical low Flowmaster rumble at idle and really loud above 3500 rpm is what I'd expect.
According to this: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1775380 one gets a Flowmaster-like sound w/ NPP.
Seems (to me) NPP has rendered aftermarket exhausts -- not headers -- a moot issue.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

After paying the premium for the NPP exhaust, why would you even consider 'trashing' them (or negating their functionality)?

Get notified of new replies

To Flowmaster muffler compatible with NPP exhaust?

Quick Reply: Flowmaster muffler compatible with NPP exhaust?