C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do YOU want the C6 to be, What would make you buy 1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 01:07 PM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Default What do YOU want the C6 to be, What would make you buy 1 ?

I want a roadster Z06, make it light powerful good looking & for God's sake dont copy the Ferrari 360 Modena, that thing is Hideous. If GM is gonna copy Ferrari Again, copy the 550 Maranello which is a good looking car.
definately a manual box, how about the nightscope from Cadillac? at Least 450 hp, 500 would b better :)
Maybe a little sprinkling of carbon fiber here & there, flush headlights :cheers:
Old 11-10-2001, 03:24 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Default Better than a used C5.

All it has to be is better than a used C5 when the time comes to replace my baby and I'll buy a C6. It'd be helpful but not necessary for it to be better than anything else in its price range.

Gizmos? Who needs them? Styling? How bad could it be? This is not a bold new product we're talking about. GM doesn't have a lot of Mustang IIs in its past.

I don't think GM will have any trouble with me.
Old 11-10-2001, 05:40 PM
TestAmenTC5
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: What do YOU want the C6 to be, What would make you buy 1 ? (Mjolitor 68)

I want a roadster Z06, make it light powerful good looking & for God's sake dont copy the Ferrari 360 Modena, that thing is Hideous.
You're kidding right? 360's are awesome. Although, I don't want Corvette to be a Ferrari.

I don't want paddle shifters, I don't want more cup holders or anything else that is just a place to stick something that doesn't belong in the car. I don't need night vision, GPS, or other high tech stuff that really doesn't matter. The leather on the seats are fine with me. As far as I'm concerned, GM just needs to do what they've been doing for the past 49 years: Improve Corvette a little bit every year and I'll be fine. :)
Old 11-11-2001, 03:37 PM
Kevin93
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Re: What do YOU want the C6 to be, What would make you buy 1 ? (TestAmenTC5)

My wish list to Dave Hill:
Engine: Base 400hp; ZO6 or equivalent (I'd name it Stingray!) pushing 500
Interior: Just as roomy as the one now but for God's sake let's make one that lives up to the pricetag (ie no more cheap plastic etc); maybe some brushed aluminum etc.; optional wood interior??
Styling: Either shorten the car a bit or push out the wheelbase closer to the corners; lose the excessively big tail; maybe go back to round taillights; indifferent on type of headlights as long as they're somewhat original; leave body style in the hands of Bob Lutz as long as it retains a somewhat elegant look in lieu of an in-your-face, 14-year-old-wet-dream, Hot Wheels look like the Viper and oh so many Japanese cars
Rubber: ZO6's GY SC tires on all 4 corners- not only do they handle WORLDS better than the runflats but you don't need a spare, saving weight
Wheels: 19x11 rear; 18x9.5 front 5 spoke; maybe 1 degree negative camber like the ZO6
Transmission: make 6 speed standard (as much for marketing as anything else); make version of Tiptronic/ semi-automatic (but w/o paddles) to replace the slushbox
Suspension: tougher anti-roll bars; active damping standard

Other than that stick to the formula that's been working so well for the past 50 years ;)
Old 11-11-2001, 05:52 PM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Default Re: What do YOU want the C6 to be, What would make you buy 1 ? (Kevin93)

Definately make its rump smaller, the C4 had a larger than avg rump the C5 rump is Enormous. put that thing on a diet :)
Old 11-17-2001, 03:35 AM
Drewdog
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: What do YOU want the C6 to be, What would make you buy 1 ? (Mjolitor 68)

Definately make its rump smaller, the C4 had a larger than avg rump the C5 rump is Enormous. put that thing on a diet :)
I love the rear on my 95 C4, but I can't stand the huge C5 a-$-$, looks terrible :U

Get notified of new replies

To What do YOU want the C6 to be, What would make you buy 1 ?

Quick Reply: What do YOU want the C6 to be, What would make you buy 1 ?