C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rubber pad for the clutch pedal?

Old 12-23-2007, 08:03 AM
MMartin
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Rubber pad for the clutch pedal?

I do not like the metal embossed clutch pedal. I usually wear gym shoes when driving, and the rubber soles stick to the pedal when shifting. I like to let the clutch slide up my foot when shifting. If I wear dress shoes with a smooth sole its not a problem.
Anyway, anynone know of a rubber cover that fits the C6 clutch.

thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 08:15 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by MMartin
I do not like the metal embossed clutch pedal. I usually wear gym shoes when driving, and the rubber soles stick to the pedal when shifting. I like to let the clutch slide up my foot when shifting. If I wear dress shoes with a smooth sole its not a problem.

thanks
GCA (Genuine Corvette Accessories) make a pedal cover that while still metal, has raised rubber traction pads. You can find them here:

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/index.php?id=133&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[division_name]=Chevrolet&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[vehicle_name]=Corvette&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[year]=2008&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[sub_product_group]=Pedal%20Cover&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm
Old 12-23-2007, 08:45 AM
MMartin
Drifting

thanks, i'll give them a try
Old 12-26-2007, 02:54 PM
MMartin
Drifting

Ouch the Corvette tax strike's again, $250.00 for the set.
Anybody know of a rubber pad that will fit over the clutch pedal. I went to Auto Zone, but nothing matched.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:09 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

That's not bad.....Eckler's wants $350 for basically the same thing. Haven't seen any others but will keep eyes open.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
User 020720
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar type problem with my workboots and my elite aluminum gas pedal, but I just learned to live with it as the pedal looks too darn good.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Rich Farr
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default making my own clutch pad

I like to wear light shoes in summer and find that the 4 raised circles on the clutch gets to the bottom of my foot if driving for several days on a road trip. I would also like to have the pedal 3/4 inch higher than other pedals. I have assembled all the components to make my own cover. I have not done this as the car is in storage and it is too damn cold in Canada right now to work on the car. The components are a brass plate, 4 sides of brass, rubber cut from a new sandle. I intend to drill 4 holes in the brass plate to allow the four raised circles on the clutch pedal to fit into the plate, solder the sides on the brass plate to keep the rubber from sliding and then secure the unit through the 4 holes in the clutch. I will paint the brass to match the existing pedals.

I will post pictures in spring if anyone is interested

Regards,

Rich Farr
Old 06-15-2008, 11:46 AM
louloumax
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MMartin

thanks
i coated my pedals with plasticote--THE SAME SUBSTANCE YOU DIP TOOL HANDLES IN TO GIVE THEM A NICE RUBBERY GRIP.
you have to brush it on and it does wear away, but it helps with grip on the pedals without changing their height or costing big bucks.

Get notified of new replies

To Rubber pad for the clutch pedal?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rubber pad for the clutch pedal?