C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 AM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 595 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

milkman wherw are you ?

Hope you get the Snot sued out of you !

His

Last Activity: 01-17-2008 11:32 PM

Last edited by burtonbl103; 01-27-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:32 AM
gogetum
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cthusker
There is no other side! His employee totaled that car simple as that. He owes the man a new car of equal value right down to all the mods that had been done. To even jerk the owner around on something like this is way way beyond not acceptable! It's criminal...

I don't know this guy and wouldn't want to know this guy! Wouldn't have him touch my lawn mower let alone my vette. It takes a lot of nerve to total a mans vette and then tell the him he's not a rich man? PLEASE! He has insurance and he can BORROW the rest! There is NO excuse acceptable.. none!

If the guy had half a brain he would have handled this unmitigatedd disaster quickly and quietly. He is going to lose BIG TIME in a court of law. I would also sue him for putative damages now.

I hope the owner gets every penny he's entitled plus more for pain and suffering, loss of vehicle, etc! Sorry but I see the pictures and don't need to hear anything from the vendor except how he's replacing the car with a NEW one................ end of story!!

Just so you know, its punative damages and the owner would have to show additional facts to support his claim for them, e.g. that jeff had prior knowledge of his driver's lousy driving record, prior similiar accidents (if admissable in that jurisdiction), etc. I wish the poster the best and to stick it to this worm.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:33 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

The court of public opinion seams to weight heavily.

Let the appropriate parties work things out.

Jeff has done tuning on my car and I will support and continue to take my car to him for tuning.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Pork Fat
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Here's my prediction of how this thing plays out.

OP's insurance company pays him for a total loss, and other options, such as LOU. OP's insurance carrier subrogates against any insurance carrier that CAM has, umbrellas and all.
I wouldn't be surprised if any legal advice that OP gets wouldn't recommend that direction. Am I wrong?
Old 01-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Anomir
Pro

Originally Posted by AU N EGL

Jeff has done tuning on my car and I will support and continue to take my car to him for tuning.
You have GOT to be kidding!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:45 AM
ZPirate
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pork Fat

OP's insurance company pays him for a total loss, and other options, such as LOU. OP's insurance carrier subrogates against any insurance carrier that CAM has, umbrellas and all.
I wouldn't be surprised if any legal advice that OP gets wouldn't recommend that direction. Am I wrong?
I can't hardly see how the car owner's insurance wouldn't pay if there is a problem and then try to collect from CAM's carrier after the car owner assigns his right to pursue the claim to his own insurance carrier.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:45 AM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

WOW! That's downright criminal!

So at this point, why have you not 1) Gotten a lawyer and 2) Call the cops to report auto theft?

I realize you came here to warn people and to vent, you are certainly entitled to that, but you really need to get in touch with a legal advisor as well as the authorities to get this taken care of before time is not on your side.

As far as him crying poor about the matter, and saying he doesn't have the money to replace your car...boo hoo, should have thought about that before he handed your keys over to someone to take it joy riding.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:47 AM
FrostyZ28
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear about your situation, keep us posted.

I don't know what my initial reaction would be in your situation. I'd probably end up doing something really stupid ESPECIALLY after I was dicked around by the shop owner.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:49 AM
RRVettes
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pork Fat

I think that is about right. I'm sure the OP's insurance company knows the routine to sort this out. Time for the OP to take this off line though to protect his position.
FrostyZ28
Burning Brakes

Good, keep getting work done there so the shop owner can pay this man.
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

also, before legal action is taken, probably not a great idea to go on all the Corvette boards you could find and post this. Not saying Jeff doesn't deserve to be called out on this one, but you never know how some a-hole lawyer could turn it all around on you for doing so...
Old 01-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Get Your Car Back From That Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:59 AM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

One thing I don't get...so when this guy crashed the car and the cops and whatnot showed up...

didn't they check the license/registration info and realize the guy driving the car didn't own it? Wouldn't that point right there be a good basis for legal/criminal action as soon as you let the authorities know you were not aware of this person driving your car and that you never gave permission for doing so?
Old 01-27-2008, 11:59 AM
tbulluck76
Cruising

I think this is a travisty and the situation needs to be settled with a lawyer.

Keep up updated.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:01 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ShockwaveTXB
One thing I don't get...so when this guy crashed the car and the cops and whatnot showed up...

didn't they check the license/registration info and realize the guy driving the car didn't own it? Wouldn't that point right there be a good basis for legal/criminal action as soon as you let the authorities know you were not aware of this person driving your car and that you never gave permission for doing so?
My guess is that are not telling the OP what actually happened. How can you have an accident with that much damage and the cops not be called. Something is fishy here???

Last edited by Varmit; 01-27-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:02 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by FrostyZ28
Good, keep getting work done there so the shop owner can pay this man.
HA HA. Let the appropriate parties work things out.

We all feel sorry for what happened.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by ZPirate
I can't hardly see how the car owner's insurance wouldn't pay if there is a problem and then try to collect from CAM's carrier after the car owner assigns his right to pursue the claim to his own insurance carrier.
However, it is doubtful that the insurance company will pay enough to replace the car as it was before CAM got it.
I find it interesting that after reading most of the posts here, I see no real response from CAM unless I missed something.Usually the two parties have some discussion about things when they are posted. The fact that this whole thing will seriously hurt CAM's future business is no consolation to the guy who lost his car.
I hope that the insurance company will pay as much as possible and try to recover any of the difference. The only good thing is that we should all learn to use this forum as a search to find reliable, and TRUSTED people who can work on our cars. I did that before I had work done on my car, and I can say that I was overwhelmingly pleased with the work.Most of the people in the NE section swear by the vendor that I used, and I now know why. I hope it all works out for you man.

Get notified of new replies

To [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)

Old 01-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Fat Nick
Navigator

Dumbest post thus far.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:05 PM
ShockwaveGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by RamonaC5
Mu guess is that are not telling the OP what actually happened. How can you have an accident with that much damage and the cops not be called. Something is fishy here???
And if the guy did get a ticket from a cop, how could the cop have ran the car's info at the time, and have had it come up in the owner's name and whatnot...

If I go take someone's car, crash it and get a ticket...I'm pretty sure the cops are going to detain me or get in touch with the owner and look into having charges filed.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:05 PM
renegad44
Safety Car

Location: This is not a Song, It's an Outburst: Or, The Establishment Blues; Sixto Diaz Rodriguez

Originally Posted by ShockwaveTXB
also, before legal action is taken, probably not a great idea to go on all the Corvette boards you could find and post this. Not saying Jeff doesn't deserve to be called out on this one, but you never know how some a-hole lawyer could turn it all around on you for doing so...

Yea, isn't it amazing how the system works? If the work was done satisfactorily with NO problems, and , NO damage, and if car was taken by the owner without making payment, owner could be in jail for theft, than he would be sued for “failure to pay bill,” than he would be put in the infamous "credit bureau" for "failure to pay bill." And, if you trash the guy responsible for trashing your car, you could get sued for slander......Simply amazing, huh?

Quick Reply: [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)