C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:19 PM
BuckGW
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnodrake
To me there is only one answer. CAM should purchase your car for your purchase price.....

CAM needs to put you back in exactly the same shape financially that you were when the car went into their shop - and quickly!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:22 PM
FstPoon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=C6~Missle;1563813511].. Glad you made us aware.. I live in NC and now know where NOT to go. ..

Again, thank you for your support and kindness. The entire reason that I am posting this is to make you guys and gals aware of the shadiness of this shop and hopefully to spare you the tragedy of going through this entire nightmare! I actually decided to go to Jeff's shop based on the positive feedback Jeff had on this site and the other forum from members. Well. let me share that this is what happens when your car is out of your site at this shop!

Last edited by FstPoon; 01-26-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:40 PM
BrianH
Burning Brakes

Wow, you're living an enthusiasts worst nightmare.

It saddens me to see there are people out there who can't man up and make situations right. I hope everything works out for you in the end.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
chemjim1
Racer

I sent you a PM about this mess. Which body shop in Durham is it located and did they give you a detailed estimate?
Old 01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

This is text book criminal grand theft and both parties are equally responsible. Have them arrested and jailed. Period. Settle out of court for a new Z06. Good luck.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Silver99v6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EuroRod
This is text book criminal grand theft and both parties are equally responsible. Have them arrested and jailed. Period. Settle out of court for a new Z06. Good luck.
New Z06??? I was thinking more along the lines of a ZR1.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 PM
GaussianMist
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by C6NRED
This is not unacceptable...its CRIMINAL. Ask that the employee be charged with auto theft, that should be your first step. I am an LEO, and beleive me, they do not have a leg to stand on. If you have put up with this for 2 months, you have been very patient -- beyond what I would have been by far. Time to bring in the big guns. Read up on what punitive damages are in the state -- usually these are double or triple actual damages in these cases. Educate yourself, and get a lawyer involved. He will place a lien on everything Creech owns until this is made right. He literally will not be able to buy or sell anything until you sign off that you are satisfied.........get going!!!
Good Advice!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Thrill6
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your need to contact an attorney and sue them and name the business, its owners, their insurance companies, their banks, the driver, and anyone else you can think of as defendants. I would also ask your attorney about the possiblity of contacting the NC State's Attorney about filing charges against the shop and the driver for unauthorized use of your car. I don't know the law in NC, but since the car was being driven WITHOUT your permission I'm sure there is some criminal statute that they can be charged with. With criminal charges filed, I'm sure EVERYONE (including the insurance company) will be much more willing to make financial restitution.

Lastly STOP talking about this HERE!!! It can't help you, but it certainly can HURT you. Any statements you make here could be used against you in your lawsuit, and you could be sued by the shop owner for defamation, libel and/or slander. Remember anyone can file a lawsuit even if it doesn't have merit and you still need to pay a lawyer to defend yourself.

Last edited by Thrill6; 01-26-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:13 PM
FstPoon
Instructor

Originally Posted by Thrill6
Your need to contact an attorney and sue them and name the business, its owners, their insurance companies, their banks, the driver, and anyone else you can think of as defendants. I would also ask your attorney about the possiblity of contacting the NC State's Attorney about filing charges against the shop and the driver for unauthorized use of your car. I don't know the law in NC, but since the car was being driven WITHOUT your permission I'm sure there is some criminal statute that they can be charged with. With criminal charges filed, I'm sure EVERYONE (including the insurance company) will be much more willing to make financial restitution.

Lastly STOP talking about this HERE!!! It can't help you, but it certainly can HURT you. Any statements you make here could be used against you in your lawsuit, and you could be sued by the shop owner for defamation, libel and/or slander. Remember anyone can file a lawsuit even if it doesn't have merit and you still need to pay a lawyer to defend yourself.
I guess you are right...pictures speak louder than words.

I just want to warn others about Jeff Creech!!!

Last edited by FstPoon; 01-26-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:23 PM
torch2000vert
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default n

Originally Posted by Maybesomeday312
After reading this I pledge to NEVER to business with this creep or anyone associated with him until HE makes this right for you!!!! I urge my fellow CFer's to do the same. This guy is ruining your life so lets ruin his business! How could he even be allowed to do business anymore with practices like that? I would own his shop after he pulled a stunt like that. Completely UNACCEPTABLE!

It's Jeff's shop therefore he is responsible if one of his hacks trashes your car. Anyone who knows this shop steer clear
Old 01-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Maui
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

So sorry. Let us know how this shakes out. I am not one to encourage litigation but this one is worth it.

Blown with meth. Cheeze, man, that must have been some ride. The guy obviouslyy could not handle the power.

Last edited by Maui; 01-26-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:26 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

That just plain sucks and both are accountable and go for the juggler
Old 01-26-2008, 07:28 PM
FstPoon
Instructor

[QUOTE=Maui;1563814602]So sorry. ..
..man, that must have been some ride. ..
Thank you for the compliment..my baby was a wicked ride indeed!

Last edited by FstPoon; 01-26-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
GunKata
Pro

Originally Posted by Silver99v6
New Z06??? I was thinking more along the lines of a ZR1.
Its property damage, no "pain and suffering" or "mental anguish" on property. You should be restored to what you had prior to the loss. Otherwise, our insurance in this country would be even more off the hook than it is now
Old 01-26-2008, 07:43 PM
pwoolford
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Man I get sick to my stomach reading posts like this! I'm also usually for trying to settle things without lawyers but looks like this case is unavoidable. I've heard of very dumb and irresponsible actions before but allowing an employee to "borrow" a customer car for the weekend is completely unreal.

good luck and keep us posted!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Spyder207
Advanced

Sorry to see the damage, can't imagine what you have been going through. There is no way I could have kept quiet this long. I would have consulted an attorney immediately regardless of their response and words. Having legal representation wouldn't make this any worse if they were working with you but would have guaranteed a better response. Best of luck and let us know how this works out.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:50 PM
04Z16
Melting Slicks

CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Good luck on getting this resolved. I should be finishing up this week from damage by a dealership to my car.

Last edited by 04Z16; 01-26-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)

Old 01-26-2008, 07:50 PM
nj02vette
Race Director

Location: Marlton. Increasing performance one speeding ticket at a time! NJ
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

I feel for you.

I had 2 dealership mishaps.
I brought my TransAm in for a minor TSB fix on a belt tensioner or something really stupid.
They gave it back to me with $4500 of damage to the rear quarter. "Oh, you gave it to us like that" Yeah, right. Long story short, no money out of pocket, but how they denied it really pissed me off.
Second time, at a different dealership, they dropped a bolt into a cylinder while replacing an intake manifold. Engine ruined. How did they make up for it. They gave me a loaner Z06 while they replaced the engine. Once again, no money out of pocket.

I wish you all the best in your latest struggle.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:53 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Damn dude! Let us know what happens.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,110 Likes on 984 Posts

Totally SUX.

If he has insurance they will deny coverage if he let an employee go joyriding.

As for suing this scumbag. You will have to pay the attorney or if you get one to take it on contingency it'll cost you 30% of your settlement. The most you'll get in court for property loss is the market value. There is no pain and suffering although you may get some punitive.

When you get a judgment (in a couple of years) you will still have to collect it.

Creech is probably in the process of selling and/or transferring his assets into friends and relatives names already.

Sorry for raising a few red flags here but that't the way I see it coming down.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)