C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my car back from the dealer...

Old 02-20-2008, 04:46 PM
MaxOctane
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my car back from the dealer...

I just got my car back from the dealer. Threw codes P0340 and P0341 on my stock '07 C6. They replaced the camshaft position sensor wiring harness? Really? I've seen all kinds of problems, but this is the first I've seen it due to a wiring harness.

Anyway, I've had to take my car to the dealer before (replace front sway bar endlinks) and I can't help but feel like the first few times I drive after getting it back from the care of somebody else... like she's been violated. I feel like she's no longer pure - some other man has had his dirty hands all over her and all over her insides. Is it just me? Maybe she's mad at me for trusting her to the care of somebody else who doesn't care for her as much as I do. Anybody else feel this way?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:55 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe it was a "crankshaft position sensor" vs. a "camshaft"? Anyway, I have yet to take mine to the dealer because of your exact fears. I do all of my own maintenance and I hope there is nothing that I'll ever need take it to the dealer for. You just never know what went on while you were away. One reason I ordered my Vette instead of getting one off of the lot too.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
slvr 07
Melting Slicks

no, but it seems like you have had a lot of problems with your 07. just curious, how many miles on her.....
Old 02-20-2008, 05:01 PM
RED2008Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no, one of my good friends works at my dealer and he watches over my car. If they hurt it, they will fix it.........
Old 02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Thrill6
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxOctane
I just got my car back from the dealer. Threw codes P0340 and P0341 on my stock '07 C6. They replaced the camshaft position sensor wiring harness? Really? I've seen all kinds of problems, but this is the first I've seen it due to a wiring harness.

Anyway, I've had to take my car to the dealer before (replace front sway bar endlinks) and I can't help but feel like the first few times I drive after getting it back from the care of somebody else... like she's been violated. I feel like she's no longer pure - some other man has had his dirty hands all over her and all over her insides. Is it just me? Maybe she's mad at me for trusting her to the care of somebody else who doesn't care for her as much as I do. Anybody else feel this way?
In a word NO. It's a CAR, not your wife, or one of your children and inanimate objects don't have feelings. You really should talk to someone about this, and am not at trying to be funny, unless of course you are.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Po Boi
Racer

See my thread, "Another Dealer Casualty". You have nothing much to complain about at the moment.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:13 PM
t56gen3
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it back. I've come to accept that no one makes a perfect car. If they did, no one would be able to afford it. That's why we have warranties.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:14 PM
MaxOctane
Racer

Originally Posted by JJC5
Maybe it was a "crankshaft position sensor" vs. a "camshaft"? Anyway, I have yet to take mine to the dealer because of your exact fears. I do all of my own maintenance and I hope there is nothing that I'll ever need take it to the dealer for. You just never know what went on while you were away. One reason I ordered my Vette instead of getting one off of the lot too.
No, it was camshaft position sensor wiring harness. NOT the Crankshaft position sensor. I certainly hope you never have to take yours to the dealer.

Originally Posted by slvr 07
no, but it seems like you have had a lot of problems with your 07. just curious, how many miles on her.....
I wouldn't say 2 problems is a lot. Plus, I've heard of others who have had trouble with their sway bar endlinks. I think the wiring harness was just a freak occurrence. She's got 9400 miles.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:20 PM
MaxOctane
Racer

Originally Posted by Thrill6
In a word NO. It's a CAR, not your wife, or one of your children and inanimate objects don't have feelings. You really should talk to someone about this, and am not at trying to be funny, unless of course you are.
It's just tough... seeing all those fingerprints they leave on the door and hood... knowing (or lack thereof) what goes on when you leave. I'm not being entirely serious. But still...driving away from the dealer, I just can't help but somewhat feel like she's been violated.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
t56gen3
Burning Brakes

It's just tough... seeing all those fingerprints they leave on the door and hood... knowing (or lack thereof) what goes on when you leave. I'm not being entirely serious. But still...driving away from the dealer, I just can't help but somewhat feel like she's been violated.
Give her a nice bath and we'll polish her up and you'll feel better, I promise!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Blackssr
Racer

Are you kidding? It is a car for Gods sake!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:28 PM
MaxOctane
Racer

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! Second trip in my car since I got it back from the dealer and the CEL is on again!!!!!!!!! Now I have to take her back to the dealer for them to molest all over again!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:35 PM
t56gen3
Burning Brakes

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! Second trip in my car since I got it back from the dealer and the CEL is on again!!!!!!!!! Now I have to take her back to the dealer for them to molest all over again!
That sucks man! Take it to Huffines. I haven't been impressed with El Dorado.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:48 PM
MaxOctane
Racer

eh, I think I'm going to take it back to El Dorado once more. Their service has been pretty good (other than denying me a rental) and they should already have records of my car and what they've done. Other than this issue, I've got no reason to dismiss them completely just yet. If something happens again, or maybe if I have another unrelated problem I'll probably go ahead and take it to Huffines.

Now, the El Dorado collision center I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot clown pole.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:52 PM
07c6vette
Drifting

Old 02-20-2008, 11:54 PM
LMB 4 ME
Safety Car

Location: Boca Raton Inlet, Atlantic Ocean (Floridas east coast)

Originally Posted by Topless06
no, one of my good friends works at my dealer and he watches over my car. If they hurt it, they will fix it.........
lucky you!
Old 02-21-2008, 01:18 AM
MostWanted
Drifting

I'm not a big fan of the dealership either...but sometimes it has to be done!

Get notified of new replies

To Just got my car back from the dealer...

Old 02-21-2008, 02:02 AM
BlueFish81
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mean to disrespect you or your car, but it looks like a Lemon. Get a good attorney and get your money back.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:25 AM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Old 02-21-2008, 04:01 AM
gpmvette
Intermediate

Relax it's only a car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got my car back from the dealer...