C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Billy Boat Fusion Bi-mode Exhaust Review (long) - Many Pictures + a Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 01:52 PM
SLOWEST Z
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

are those the 4" Round tips or 4.5" Oval tips shown in the pics ?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:55 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by c6_z06er
are those the 4" Round tips or 4.5" Oval tips shown in the pics ?
4 inch round in the photos.

Ben
Old 07-11-2008, 03:18 PM
SLOWEST Z
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

those tips look sweet, but would the oval 4.5" look better? couldn't find pics to compare
Old 07-11-2008, 03:32 PM
j_digi454
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by c6_z06er
those tips look sweet, but would the oval 4.5" look better? couldn't find pics to compare
Here you go. Both versions look great so its a matter of personal choice.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2043012
Old 07-26-2008, 03:45 PM
4wheels
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default B&B = not so good for me

Glad some of you guys are having good luck with the B&B Fusions... I bought them & have had nothing but trouble. First the fit... they hang so low they hit the transaxle when I'm "gettin' on it". Second, one of the valves sticks closed about 90% of the time (tried cleaning & lubing it, only helps for a day). Third, my 2cd gen system drones like a SOB on the fwy (I listened to a members Gen 1 system and bought based on that sound, which was great, and no drone). After driving the car in the city for a week or so I got used to it and it sounded good with the windows down. However, on our first FWY drive (about 1 hr) it gave us both a headache. 1400-1750RPM in 6th gear was unbearable, especially if there was any load on the engine. I gave it a couple weeks to see if it got quieter or I got used to it, but no difference. So I decided to add the PRT center section from the Bullets to reduce the drone, and that worked well for the sound. The valve closed sound is about perfect now, but valve open could be a hair louder. However, the PRT created another fit problem... the flanges are so much larger OD than stock (and different style) that they hit my tunnel plate! I ground off about 1/4" and they still hit! Any more and I'm afraid the flanges will be so weak they'll leak... I had to install rubber bump stops in several places to prevent the resonator & flanges from hitting metal. Not a good fit in my opinion, and yes, we tried to line it up & adjust for it. The PRT is also slightly cocked to the right and gets close to my trans tunnel. So, I still need to find a permanent fix for the flanges, valves, and raise the mufflers up an inch.

Bottom line for me: they look pretty, sound good in the city, drone on the FWY (without the PRT), and fit poorly.

I spoke with the store I bought them from & they said they and B&B were ready to do whatever it takes to help me out, but I've heard nothing to my last 2 requests for them to help fix the problems. Overall, I'm not happy with the purchase or expense, considering I paid over $2k for an exhaust system that drones & doesn't fit correctly.

Last edited by 4wheels; 07-26-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:11 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Have them on my C6Z06 and these are right at 20 years old on my 40th anniversary Roadster:

I do apologize for the carbon build up as they definitely need polishing, but I love them on both cars.

Quick Reply: 2008 Billy Boat Fusion Bi-mode Exhaust Review (long) - Many Pictures + a Video