C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you have your build sheet?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:02 PM
vdaddy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hankg42
I left a message for Betty at NCM. She called back promptly. I was told my 2009's build sheet is available. I ordered it and should have it by the end of the week. I'll frame it with my original window sticker. I think it will be nice to keep, and put on display with the car if / when I show it.
I ordered the build sheet for my '09 (#1969) from Betty too, just a couple of weeks ago. The original, with finger and shoe prints, arrived yesterday

I too am framing with the window sticker. It will be a big frame. Should be complete this weekend.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:45 AM
hankg42
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My build sheet arrived, but it has to be a repro. Too clean. I'm using a small poster frame for both the build sheet & window sticker. Seems to fit well.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:08 PM
opus1111
Pro

Originally Posted by hankg42
My build sheet arrived, but it has to be a repro. Too clean. I'm using a small poster frame for both the build sheet & window sticker. Seems to fit well.
Neat idea.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:07 PM
vdaddy
Instructor

I received my build sheet - the original - and have been looking it over. Is there a "map" for what each area means? I believe my engine (box noted as "ENG"), for example, is a ZAK. What does that mean? There are loads of other boxes too...
Old 05-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Joe Q
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by biskitman
Got my build sheet during my museum pickup, but why cant they just stick the original sheet in the car golve box etc when the car leaves the factory. What is the big deal about this? It should be part of every car that is sent out! I sure would like to have my original that was on the car as it headed down the line instead of a copy laminated at the museum!
GM supports the Corvette Museum by making them the sole choice for the build sheets. I was just there and took delivery of a 2009 Convertible. Took the VIP owners tour. Learned alot and would recommend it to anyone.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:34 PM
chriscostas
Instructor

Ordering the build sheet from the NCM for a 2008 would state on there what color seats it came with from factory?

Buddy of mine got a new 2008 with gray seats, well anther buddy of ours said his car in the dealer originally came with black seats but before he ever saw this one, another customer of the dealer wanted black seats in his so the dealer swapped seats from two different cars. His window sticker does say ebony interior but nothing specifically related to the seat color.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:42 PM
50MileSmile
Burning Brakes

Received 213 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Cheap frames can destroy your Build Sheet, photos and other documents

I've noted here that several people are using an inexpensive plastic poster frame to display an original Build Sheet. This is fine for a casual display (i.e., at shows or in your garage), but if you're interested in keeping the Build Sheet "forever," it's a really bad idea. Even at medium humidity levels, moisture can get between the paper and the plastic surface of the frame; you usually can't see the moisture, but you'll know it's been there someday when you try to remove the Build Sheet from the frame and the paper (or the black print on it) sticks to the plastic. This sometimes also will happen because of a chemical reaction between the ink on the paper and the chemicals in the plastic.

A better idea would be to use an extra-deep (or even shadow-box style) metal frame with glass that doesn't touch the Build Sheet; instead, you hang the Build Sheet from the backing board in the frame with special paper "hinges" made especially for this purpose. Of course, if you want to be really **** about it, you can have the Build Sheet conservation framed, using UV glass and acid-free materials for matting and backing – but that's too much, even for me!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:33 PM
zhz
Intermediate

I received my original build sheet,very cool details. I have it framed and hanging in the mancave next the vette.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:04 PM
50MileSmile
Burning Brakes

Received 213 Likes on 97 Posts

Default There's always more than one

I just received a second "original" build sheet for my 2007 coupe from the museum.

The first one I've had for two-and-a-half years; it was taped to the front of the car as it went down the line – at least from the first time we saw it at the "marriage" of the body and the chassis during our Buyer's Tour. It was given to me by one of the workers just after I started the car at the end of the line.

The second one must have been the one that was taped to a few other other areas of the car, being moved as necessary so it would always be in plain sight as the car was being assembled. This one is much grubbier than the first one.

I wonder how many full build sheets are at some point attached or removed from a C6 as it goes down the line? I know there are several other, smaller pieces of paper that are attached and removed from various parts as the car is assembled, but I was told I couldn't have those. My Buyer's Tour was one of the early ones, and the rules were very strict at that time about what you could and couldn't do …
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM
BEASTC6
Heel & Toe

I went to the parts dept at my local dealer and they printed one out for me. It's not the official factory sheet but everything you want to know is there.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:50 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by vdaddy
I received my build sheet - the original - and have been looking it over. Is there a "map" for what each area means? I believe my engine (box noted as "ENG"), for example, is a ZAK. What does that mean? There are loads of other boxes too...
ZAK is the LS3 engine. The best place I found to look up these codes is the Corvette Black Book, which is published every year. It gives all the specs on a year by year basis. NCM sells them.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:48 AM
beaversstonehaven
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

Much to my surprise my build sheets were left in my car and were given to me upon delivery! Car was delivered to me Feburary 4th, 2013. They were well worn which added value to me.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:51 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

Old thread...IBTL/

And no dont have mine
Old 03-16-2013, 11:16 AM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you have your build sheet?