C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPOD PAL? Yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark VerMurlen
I bought and installed a LockPick adapter a couple of weeks ago in my 2009 Coupe with Nav system. It works pretty good. Installation was fairly easy (no need to remove the dash). I can change between all of my playlists from the Nav screen. If your iPod is set to shuffle songs, it will continue to shuffle songs. It appears to the radio as an XM station. It shows the artist and song name at the start of each song. It sounds good and beats waiting for GM's version. Only issues I have seen with it are that I don't think I can get to my podcasts and I need to reselect it each time I turn the car on again. I'm 95% satisfied with it and it sure beats any FM tuner solution. If the GM PAL ever comes out, I may switch it out if the PAL is better. Until then, I'm enjoying my tunes!

- Mark
I put mine in different playlist... Example, E.S.P.N.( Mike & Mike in the Morning, Mike Trico and Van Pelt, P.T.I. local sports shows like Bearscast) News, (local and NPR news podcast) and Tech News(different CNET podcast, Wall Street Morning Tech Brief)
Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Audiogeek
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette PAL

The Corvette PAL Development is complete. It currently is designed for NavRadio only. The Non-Nav should be a month or so after the NavRadio. Unlike big foot ...it is real. It is currently in the release process.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:29 PM
FUNTRUN
Racer

What is the source of this information? We are all interested in this product but have heard many unfulfilled promises before.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
MADinAK
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14

Originally Posted by Audiogeek
The Corvette PAL Development is complete. It currently is designed for NavRadio only. The Non-Nav should be a month or so after the NavRadio. Unlike big foot ...it is real. It is currently in the release process.

Sorry, but I'm not biting. When I have it installed in my car and can control the Ipod from the touchscreen then I'll believe. Till then, cds are cheap and the touchscreen works - unlike the other cheezy gizmos - lockpick included.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:49 PM
ChefMark
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by c6am
I'm going with this from Coastaletech. I have the lockpicks and iPod adapters in my other cars and they work great.

http://www.coastaletech.com/CORVETTEIPOD.htm
Holy Crap, Can't they make it easier than that. It seems to me with all the geeks running around in this world some one can come up with an easy fix.

Last edited by ChefMark; 02-27-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:29 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MADinAK
Sorry, but I'm not biting. When I have it installed in my car and can control the Ipod from the touchscreen then I'll believe. Till then, cds are cheap and the touchscreen works - unlike the other cheezy gizmos - lockpick included.
Funny how GM was able to give the CTS a Nav ready ipod setup! So in that limited car their engineers were able to figure it out pretty fast. Now for a vette that was selling between 25 and 30k cars I guess it was just to complicated. This below is from GM's website. They even have a video showing how it works in the Caddy...

Music Device Capability is a factory-installed option exclusive to Cadillac CTS that is designed specifically for the iPod. Play lists appear directly on the car's radio display through conveniently located USB and auxiliary audio jacks.

Quick Reply: iPOD PAL? Yet?