C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 With Colgan Bra and Removable Front Plate

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:22 PM
carnut08
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C6 With Colgan Bra and Removable Front Plate

I've had a few requests to post a photo showing my Colgan Bra with the removable plate installed. This is the combination I use for long road trips in unfamiliar territory. Normally I don't run either a bra or a front plate, but when I do, this combination works really well. The plate assembly doesn't interfere with the bra in any way.

The plate bracket came from Southern Car Parts:
http://www.southerncarparts.com/corv...late-p-64.html

NOTE: The bra was special ordered with no provision for a front plate, because the one I have mounts through the grille opening. The Colgan Bra normally ships configured to accept the awful bumper mounted GM factory plate unless you specify otherwise.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks good. I have a Colgan bra for my DD and it's held up well for the last five years. I added a billet aluminum grill to my C6 so I can't use a bra that attaches through the grill opening like the GM factory bra does.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Vinnie T
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the Colgan bra with the Top Flight Repro removable plate holder and they work very well together. Although, I try to avoid using the plate when the bra is on cuz it looks a little odd with the matching color (Monterey Red) plate cover over the license plate.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:14 PM
carnut08
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Vinnie T
I use the Colgan bra with the Top Flight Repro removable plate holder and they work very well together. Although, I try to avoid using the plate when the bra is on cuz it looks a little odd with the matching color (Monterey Red) plate cover over the license plate.
So you must have had to punch two holes in the bra where it folds into the intake opening, right?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:29 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

looks good if that is the way you choose to go.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:45 PM
carnut08
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dvilin
looks good if that is the way you choose to go.
Thanks! I don't choose to go that way all that often. Most days I run without a plate or a bra.

However I just got back from a 2,500 mile loop out through California & Arizona to Tucson and up through Grand Canyon. California highways are crumbling. I ran the bra the whole trip and I'm glad I did. When it came off the paint beneath looked like new and it was still clean.

Now when I toodle around town the car looks pristine instead of like the road warrior it actually is!

I also ran the plate out through the California hinterlands just to avoid the possible hassle of a bored cop with no other reason to stop me. The plate has a clear plastic cover over it. That cover was pitted beyond belief and had one star break from a direct rock impact. That's further evidence of the type of protection the bra offers.

When I'm on a long road trip, nobody knows me anyway. The bra's benefits under those circumstances justify its lack of beauty IMHO.

Last edited by carnut08; 11-06-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 With Colgan Bra and Removable Front Plate

Quick Reply: C6 With Colgan Bra and Removable Front Plate