C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone guide me to link to remove lower dash under steering wheel(see pic)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:55 PM
AF330i
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Can someone guide me to link to remove lower dash under steering wheel(see pic)

I am trying to remove the dash part under the steering wheel, I have a little rattle that sounds like it is coming from the steering column and I am pretty sure it is just a plastic plug bouncing around that I will put velco around to soften the noise unless you have a better way to do it then please let me know.

I tried to remove the lower portion of the dash, I removed 2 screws and then pretty much pulled in a few directions, I was able to pull off the clips on the left side but could not get the right side off. What holds that on ... do I just pull ? ?

Do I need to take off any other screws out ... I labeled the best I could what I could and couldn't do.

#1 & #2 were screws I removed
both #3's were where there were clips

#4 is the part I could not get off ...

Thank you for your help ...
Attached Images  

Last edited by AF330i; 12-06-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:03 PM
jdurhan
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 87 Likes on 37 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

right next to your number 4 arrow is a small looks like vent, maybe 1/2" x1/2" it pops off and there is a bolt under it. Just to the right of the top of your arrow for for #4. I saw it today because the cap is missing on my 09. Hope this info helps you.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:40 PM
AF330i
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jdurhan
right next to your number 4 arrow is a small looks like vent, maybe 1/2" x1/2" it pops off and there is a bolt under it. Just to the right of the top of your arrow for for #4. I saw it today because the cap is missing on my 09. Hope this info helps you.
That info totally helps ... you just made my day !!! Thank you very much !!!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:15 AM
olefam
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an update to this posr:
First, on our 2013 Grand Sport, there is no "bolt" under the small vent. There is a sensor for the automatic climate control. It is held on with two small torx-head screws that are removed after the knee bolster is away from the dash.
The volster is held on with 2 torx-head screws as shown in the excellent photo. Then there are four (tight) clips that hold the bolster on. At the top of the bolster (nearest the steering wheel) are two metal "square hoops" that seem to serve as pivot points when you gently pull to unsnap the clips. One on each side of the steering column. It takes a bit of wiggling to get the knee bolster off the taps the\at insert into these hoops.
If you are removing the bolster to install a switch for the NPP valves, I found that a hole drilled roughly 1.5" to the right of the screw hole and 1 3/8" up form the bottom worked for me. The limiting factor here is really only the diameter of the switch, and you may have to adjust accordingly.
The wires from the fuse block in the passenger side can be fed through the center console pretty easily at the point where the small HVAC outlet sits byt the bottom of the bolster, Rt side.
Be sure to buy the mini add-a-circuit if you are going this route, as the standard size fuses are too large.
ALthough it took me a total of 2.5 hours to do this job, I am well satisfied with the results.
Hope this helps,
Glen

Get notified of new replies

To Can someone guide me to link to remove lower dash under steering wheel(see pic)

Quick Reply: Can someone guide me to link to remove lower dash under steering wheel(see pic)