C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pay attention

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

Moral of the story Girls should be fully clothed
Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
BenThere
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MurphMan2
Am I correct, that the little finger wiggle refers to the drivers genitalia?
Either that or the uvula ....
Old 02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Its only a Movie...
Old 02-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Monterey C6
I got the point without watching the whole thing. Your a goul if you feel the need to watch the whole video.
A little creepy. Okay very creepy. The point was made quickly and just seemed to carry on a bit too much.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 PM
DA KAR
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A good wake-up call for everyone...even if u don't street race!
Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 PM
KENZ51
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A needed message, unfortunately........
Old 02-05-2009, 12:33 PM
fright88
Safety Car

Wow that was pretty intense. As a survivor of someone else not paying attention it hits home a little hard for me though.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Steege
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChefMark
A bit too much...
Exactly as it should be. Watch the whole thing. The last minute is more humorous than "Baw!"
Old 02-05-2009, 01:06 PM
FireRoc
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Very powerful message..........that EVERYONE needs to pay attention while out and about on the streets. Drivers, pedestrians and others.

For me..........it hit really close to home as about a year ago, as a pedestrian I was crossing a street on the green light when a minivan turned right without really slowing down. If I had not jumped back as he entered the walkway he would have hit me..........hard. It was so close I actually pounded my hand DOWN on TOP of his hood.

What caused that incident was that he was blinded by the sun and ASSUMED there was no one crossing the street. We had words afterwards, and I basically told him if he can't see SLOW DOWN.

Since then I have had to tap on a fender to get a lady from rolling through a red light while people were crossing in front of her (she was turning right on red light and was only looking at the cross traffic, and NOT what was in front of her), and have had another car press into the side of my leg when I was crossing on green (same thing creeping while turning right on a red).
Old 02-05-2009, 01:07 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

There are so many places to race, the street is not the safest!!
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
ChefMark
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FireRoc
Very powerful message..........that EVERYONE needs to pay attention while out and about on the streets. Drivers, pedestrians and others.

For me..........it hit really close to home as about a year ago, as a pedestrian I was crossing a street on the green light when a minivan turned right without really slowing down. If I had not jumped back as he entered the walkway he would have hit me..........hard. It was so close I actually pounded my hand DOWN on TOP of his hood.

What caused that incident was that he was blinded by the sun and ASSUMED there was no one crossing the street. We had words afterwards, and I basically told him if he can't see SLOW DOWN.

Since then I have had to tap on a fender to get a lady from rolling through a red light while people were crossing in front of her (she was turning right on red light and was only looking at the cross traffic, and NOT what was in front of her), and have had another car press into the side of my leg when I was crossing on green (same thing creeping while turning right on a red).

I do some running about 5 times a week and I only have to cross 1 intersection with a 4 way stop signs on my way to some trails. But, every time I cross the intersection I have to be so dog gone careful. I always stop and wait but most of the idiots are too worried about the other guy getting to go first they never see me or just do not give a crap. There has been more times than I want to remember that some goof ball on the phone or some soccer Mom to worried about which fast food restaurant she is taking the kids has almost hit me even when I half way across the street. NO BODY PAYS ATTENTION

There use to be an ad campaign back in the 70’s that preached defensive driving. We need to bring that back
Old 02-05-2009, 02:03 PM
avacorvette
Burning Brakes

Location: Canonsburg home of Yenko Chevy (gone but not forgotten) Western PA

Keep em commin and send this video to relatives. Great comments....

Quick Reply: Pay attention