C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-20-2015, 06:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrain
Print Wikipost

06 C6 Vert won't start after battery change

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 06:40 AM
Oldngray
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good advice ... I cut and pasted all of shopdog's text, and have it in a notebook I keep in the garage for reference. Also, I bought a battery tender (a Deltran Battery Tender Plus) .... it's not here yet, but as soon as I get it I'll hook it up pronto.

Thanks, Mike G.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:45 AM
b_mouzakis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery issue

Originally Posted by Oldngray
Thanks again for all the help. I checked with the local Corvette expert, who consulted his manuals and theorized that the car was not communicating with the fobs anymore. I tried the fob re-program procedure described the the owner's manual (key in the trunk key hole, open the trunk, tun the key 5 times, stick the fob into the glove box slot, etc.). No luck ... basically, nothing happened. So, I called the Vette guru at the closest Chevy dealership, 40 miles away ... he said the codes wer "screwed up" and needed to be cleared out.

I've done a lot of research today, and the consensus is the Delco batteries these cars come with are junk ... even the Vette guru said so.
It's possible my charge either did not take, or the battery is not able to take a full charge .... but if I take it out of the car I'm going to replace it for sure. Now, as to finding the correct battery ... what's everyone's recommendation on that? Thanks, Mike G. Thomasville, GA
I have used a high end BOSCH battery and have had no problems since. It'a about$120.00
Old 03-12-2016, 03:31 AM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I've done a lot of research today, and the consensus is the Delco batteries these cars come with are junk ... even the Vette guru said so.
It's possible my charge either did not take, or the battery is not able to take a full charge .... but if I take it out of the car I'm going to replace it for sure. Now, as to finding the correct battery ... what's everyone's recommendation on that? Thanks, Mike G. Thomasville, GA
I could not disagree more about the dependability of Delco Batteries.

I had one in my 1986 pace car convert that was 10 years old when I sold that car and it was still going strong and never failed to start the car.

I have owned 25 vettes and I always use Delco batteries in them and always replace them with another Delco. I cannot remember the last time one failed to start one of my vettes and sometimes I have 2 or 3 vettes at the same time so some will sit undriven for a month or more.

My 2007 convert is on its second Delco battery and that battery will be 5 years old in 3 months and still strong as ever and I have never used any kind of trickle charger or battery maintainer on any vette I have ever owned. I paid $85 out the door from my local chevy dealer in June of 2011 for that Delco Professional with a 6 year warranty.

Last edited by RJRSW; 03-12-2016 at 03:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Blake Ira (02-05-2022)
Old 12-14-2017, 09:40 PM
Homer200478852
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryMJones
I don't want to insult you, but my wife had the same thing happen. She was not pushing the brake pedal while trying to start.
Just a possibility.
Also try putting the fob in the spot inside the glove compartment in case it has a problem.
LJ
7 years later and your post helped me..not insulted because the brake pedal was very stiff I just applied more pressure and it worked..thanks!
Old 12-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Cherokee Nation
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 271 Posts

Optima.
Optima is also made in Mexico......Good Luck.

Quick Reply: 06 C6 Vert won't start after battery change