C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove headlight assembly 2005 c6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:19 PM
sprinkler
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RLSebring
I'd be interested in buying your housings if they are complete and no broken tabs, Lens doesn't matter.
PM sent!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:18 AM
TIGER2
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper clip

Originally Posted by LS WON
QUOTE=yojack1;1569736372]Take it from me, you have to remove the front bumper!
Jack up the front, remove wheels. Removing the hood is optional.
It is very simple, remove the screws for the black rubber air dam. The small black inner panel behind the headlight inside the wheelwell remove. Disconnect the the lower front fender with the sides of the bumper at that joint. Unscrew the bumper across the top where the hood opens. Remove the row of screws holding the top of each fender in the engine compartment. On the outside finish removing all the screws holding the lower front bumper. Disconnect the fog light harness, now lift straight up where the front bumper comes in contact with the fender (top side next to the open hood) to release it off a clip which holds the bumper and fender in alignment. It seems scary at the time but once you do it, it is easy. Now that the bumper is off there is one last screw to remove where that clip is located. It holds the very top front of the fenders and could only be accessed after removing the bumper section.

Now disconnect the headlght wiring harness, the three nuts holding on the light assembly from underneath, then gently lift up the upper front section of the fender about 3" and presto, the headlight assembly lifts right out. Whew!

You should be able to do the whole job in a couple of hours.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
WHOA that is a bit much to do. Wasn't there a TSB back in 2005 on a problem just like this where the wiring harnesses had to be replaced? I believe there is one. Since this DRL does double duty as a turn signal I usually shut it off before start up to use it less to prevent this from happening so at least I have turn signals or prolong this from happening.
I don't know how effective the DRL's are on a Corvette but they can sure see you coming head on or from the side of road i.e police. I see DRL's real good from the other side of the freeway too and I would hope when you are behind someone they may see you easier too. Perhaps people have a problem seeing Corvettes because they are low? I wonder if a study was ever done on this? I know this was started in Canada but corvettes are different. we get chips in worst of places compare to other cars that are higher up and of regular height.[/QUOTE]

Please help me....Right next to the headlamp assy, there is a square hole for a bumper clip. Mine is missing. Can I replace this from inside the wheel well without removing teh bumper?

Last edited by TIGER2; 06-01-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:13 AM
rtriker
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My low and high beam projection lenses seem to be foggy looking is that normal? Also I have replaced the high beam bulbs cause one was burned out so I replaced both, but they aren't very bright in fact the low beams are brighter than the highs. Anyone have any ideas of why the highs aren't bright, could it possibly be that they're out of adjustment? These are in a C 6 2007. Thanks

Quick Reply: How to remove headlight assembly 2005 c6?