C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 2006 keyless key 2 not option programmable

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:58 AM
myguyo
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kent, how do you turn the ignition on without starting the car? Pushing start, starts the engine.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2009, 10:08 AM
gota07
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by myguyo
Kent, how do you turn the ignition on without starting the car? Pushing start, starts the engine.

Thanks
There's two ways this can be done. One way is to not push the clutch/brake peddle when the start button is pushed. The second way is to hold down the lower half of the start switch for 10 seconds.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:36 PM
myguyo
Heel & Toe

Kent, I tried your suggestion 5 times, both with the hatch latched and not latched. DIC doesn't come back on after shuting down the ignition and turning the key 5 times. Im starting to believe there is a real lack of software control on these cars. What works on one doesn't work on others, or doesn't follow the manual either.

Finally done, had to reprogram both keys as new to fix problem, thanks to everyone.

Last edited by myguyo; 06-08-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:02 PM
gtmotor
Advanced

Originally Posted by myguyo
Kent, I tried your suggestion 5 times, both with the hatch latched and not latched. DIC doesn't come back on after shuting down the ignition and turning the key 5 times. Im starting to believe there is a real lack of software control on these cars. What works on one doesn't work on others, or doesn't follow the manual either.

Finally done, had to reprogram both keys as new to fix problem, thanks to everyone.
Sounds scary. Did you have to use a scan tool for this? I don't want to end up with zero working keys. I can't get it to enter programming mode no matter what I try.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by gtmotor
Sounds scary. Did you have to use a scan tool for this? I don't want to end up with zero working keys. I can't get it to enter programming mode no matter what I try.
This thread is over a year old. The guy you're asking hasn't posted to the forum in over a year. Maybe there's a reason why threads older than 45 days are not supposed to be recalled.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:21 AM
gtmotor
Advanced

Wow. I'm sorry that reviving an old thread perturbs you so. I'd hate to cut you off in traffic.

This is the first forum I've been on with a 45 day rule. I've never seen that before. I tried to save the forum owners some bandwidth by doing a search... but if that's the rule here I'll just start a new thread every time the search comes back with >2 month old posts
Old 10-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by gtmotor
Wow. I'm sorry that reviving an old thread perturbs you so. I'd hate to cut you off in traffic.

This is the first forum I've been on with a 45 day rule. I've never seen that before. I tried to save the forum owners some bandwidth by doing a search... but if that's the rule here I'll just start a new thread every time the search comes back with >2 month old posts
Reread my previous post. What is there in there that makes you think it "perturbs me?" I was trying to do you a favor and let you know that the forum member of whom you were asking the question is probably not going to respond.

Retrieve old threads all day long if you want to, but don't assign motives or thoughts to me that are not mine.

What a strange response on your part: "I'd hate to cut you off in traffic." Do you do that to people often?

Quick Reply: C6 2006 keyless key 2 not option programmable